• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:56 pm

I missed the chance of bidding last minute on AliG's 9'er as had important duties to carry out at the time................Dad Taxi duties!!!

It would be great to find a bashed bike thats mechanically sound to swap all the shiny  bits over to.

Still trying to dig my way through the electrics and struggling with the wiring diagram i have as its not a very good clear copy and I'm not too clever on electrics..

Does anyone have a link to a circuit diagram for a 2003 model? even if i don't keep the bike it would be good to sell with indicators working.

Rostyle it's the very first edition of the TDM 900 so a 2002 manual will suffice.  Have ya tried looking here http://www.tdm-yamah...ex.php?page=DOC

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#42 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:25 pm

wow Ali is 76! Thas alorra boike and accessories for the money,  conversely it made a good price at auction so winner winner badger dinner fer all concerned.  Rostyle it's difficult to advise you with regards to yer current 900 but if ya have the money to buy a 'better one' (like AliG's fer example) and sell on what ya already have then that may be a better option.

Someone got the deal of the century, eh ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#43 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:52 pm

Someone got the deal of the century, eh ?

i have seen some very tasty 900's sold with top notch suspension components, panniers, screen etc sell for not alot of money. I may buy one yet.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#44 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:46 am

Rostyle it's the very first edition of the TDM 900 so a 2002 manual will suffice.  Have ya tried looking here http://www.tdm-yamah...ex.php?page=DOC

Thanks for the link, why didn't i think of looking on that mine of info first....doh!!

Ive managed to clean up the electrical connections under the air box using the methods advised on here... thanks

Although I did get some funny looks from the Asda cashier Friday night with my shopping basket contents....White vinegar, salt, baking soda a bottle of Jim Beam and some batteries...!!!

Now i have indicators again  :)

I will need to replace the fan relay which has the broken terminal and should be good to go (or stay, still not too sure!)

I have looked for a replacement relay but not sure how compatible some of the ones listed on ebay are, the one that is fitted is a NAIS ACM33211 M05,  

I have seen plenty but the last 3 digits differ ie M07 or M03 does anyone know if one of these will be ok

Many thanks guys

#45 Buzzo

Buzzo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:56 am

I’m not sure if you guys get Lanotec products over there or not but if so give the heavy duty spray a go. I use it a lot and spray all the under seat , engine and frame with it and think it’s fantastic. I spray it on then wipe the excess off where I can on the frame and motor but it seems to dissolve dust in hard to reach places and does a great job of protecting from the elements. You just re apply when it wears off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users