892 replies to this topic

#661 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:17 pm

Have you mixed up Reserve and Fuel line, you need to know which spigot under the tank is Reserve and Fuel, the bottom pipe on the petcock is Fuel to the pump then out from the pump to carbs..

Bollock's leaking a bit more, i'm going in boy's.......gasket ordered, also oem gasket is 0.50mm and i've used 1mm, user error again,duh..

Nope, I haveny mixed em - I did one at a time so as not to make that mistake! I'm gonna route them slightly differently to get more gravity action.

#662 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 June 2020 - 07:50 pm

I'm gonna route them slightly differently to get more gravity action.

A wheelie?

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#663 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:18 am

A wheelie?

Hahahahahahaha

#664 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:57 am

Least the bike will be lighter with the thinner gasket. :D  It's all part of the experience eh.  God knows I've had my share of f**k ups.  Cardboard inside the engine was prolly my biggest gaff. :lol:  That and trashing 3 sets of carbs.  :huh:

Along with the 4 stone i've lost i'll be at warp speed :lol: yea it is wot it is, can only assume as the sump must be under pressure it's acting like a pressure cooker with the wrong gasket onnit, dont think the gasket being a bit proud helps in hindsight, especially as it's a horizontal surface, reckon an hour should do it once the oil is emptied..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#665 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 June 2020 - 09:04 am

Being a 360 engine lots of air gets pumped in and out and they go up and down together so sump is alternately under vacuum and pressure. Crankcase vent reduces this but any suspect gasket will leak.

Edited by leehenty, 02 June 2020 - 09:04 am.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#666 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 03:34 pm

So not quite like a pressure cooker :D 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#667 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:47 pm

Wow! Four stone, you’ll enjoy finding it again!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#668 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 05:52 pm

Like a Chinese racing snake now, Cliff.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#669 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:04 pm

Wow! Four stone, you’ll enjoy finding it again!

I know where it is.........

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#670 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 June 2020 - 07:08 pm

Along with the 4 stone i've lost i'll be at warp speed :lol:

well done on losing all that weight. costs a fortune in new biking wear though

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#671 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 June 2020 - 08:08 am

I know where it is.........

so do i i think i found it

either that or bike gear shrinks in the dark over winter

#672 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 04:53 pm

Well to be honest i dont know where i've lost if from ! was'nt any effort to lose weight just everybody at work kept telling me i had, weighed myself at work and most certainly 4 stone has gone awol, must of been very constipated..

#673 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:45 am

Well to be honest i dont know where i've lost if from ! was'nt any effort to lose weight just everybody at work kept telling me i had, weighed myself at work and most certainly 4 stone has gone awol, must of been very constipated..

well judging by some of your posts i find that very hard to believe!!!   (leg pulling Cliffers lummy pie!)

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#674 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 06:55 am

:lol: cheeky fooker wickers  :punishment: 

#675 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:19 pm

How goes the fettlin? Sorted that leaky gasket? 

Breathing improving and tiredness lessening?

Basically howya gannin Cliff?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#676 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:41 pm

How goes the fettlin? Sorted that leaky gasket? 

Breathing improving and tiredness lessening?

Basically howya gannin Cliff?

Not yet matey, gasket only arrived today, taken 2 weeks in the post, soon as it's dry i'll change it over, waiting on brake lines which are 10 days overdue plus new bleed nipples all round and a cupla Furuwaka connectors which also seem lost in the post, aiming to be done end of this month assuming it all gets delivered.

Still short of breath which is only noticeable when i have to exert meself, had to manhandle an aggressive patient about 15 yards and was blowing like a whale, apparently can be weeks to months before full recovery but sitting at home wont help.  Interesting that some colleagues have tested +ve for antibodies without any symptoms or knowledge of having Covid, seems i got hit the worst, must be cos i'm auld now..

Edit...From what i can surmise from online, my nut and bolt rebuild is actually quite quick considering i did naff all over 5 months of winter :D

Edited by dablik, 11 June 2020 - 06:42 pm.

#677 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:55 pm

Prolly add another month spent posting up on here. :lol:  Takes ages to post up a running commentary with photos. You're doing well considering you don't have the luxury of a roomy shed or garage. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#678 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:10 pm

Prolly add another month spent posting up on here. :lol:  Takes ages to post up a running commentary with photos. You're doing well considering you don't have the luxury of a roomy shed or garage. :good:

Aye your right, i also know i've been plodding as well :)

#679 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:08 am

Your doing a thorough job Cliff, slow and steady sorting out issues as you go. Stick with it.

#680 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:00 am

:wifgeni:
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users