103 replies to this topic

#1 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:29 pm

In order to progress this, from the information I have been able to glean from previous posts the attendees so far look like

DRAFT LIST ONLY

firm list looks like:

pete7
tonydevil
TDM Tam
Geordie Guy
Big Dave
Matlock
Paddy 900
TDMick
fatchap
studley ramrod
dandywarhol
jimmyf46
stubottle

"possibles" list looks like:

chrisG
catsbum
stu
poldark
kang
markymark
paulb

could you please check this and comment as much as you can at this stage, including if you might want bunkhouse or tent, or other arrangements

this is DRAFT list but your comments will be appreciated

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#2 poldark

poldark

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:38 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In order to progress this, from the information I have been able to glean from previous posts the attendees so far look like

DRAFT LIST ONLY

firm list looks like:

pete7
tonydevil
TDM Tam
Geordie Guy
Big Dave
Matlock
Paddy 900
TDMick
fatchap
studley ramrod
dandywarhol
jimmyf46
stubottle

chrisG
catsbum
stu
poldark
kang
markymark
paulb

could you please check this and comment as much as you can at this stage, including if you might want bunkhouse or tent, or other arrangements

Pete

Pete,

I'm firm (careful ohmy.gif ) and would either be bunkhouse or nearby accommodation (tbc) if not enough bunkhouse space.

Also keen to understand what ferries people are taking from Liverpool (Sat morning or Sat late afternoon or even Fri)

'03 silver TDM 900 with V-Strom handguards, GS1150 bar risers, givi box, baglux tank cover, PC III USB with K&N air filter, S/S rad guard, crash bungs, Tigerscreen, iridium plugs, braided front hoses, OEM centre stand, 15W fork oil & 10mm yoke drop, tutoro oiler & sheepskin seat cover! Gone but not forgotten!

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:50 pm

Not certain about attending Pete - only gave some advice regarding whats on................. dry.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:13 pm

hopefully TD+Hoolie, Hutch, TigerMadRay and poss 1 more

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:49 pm

I'm a possible, not a firm.
Any time for ferry is ok wi moi.

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 11 December 2009 - 11:36 am.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:55 pm

QUOTE(pete7 @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DRAFT LIST ONLY

firm list looks like:

pete7
tonydevil
TDM Tam
Geordie Guy
Big Dave
Matlock
Paddy 900
TDMick
fatchap
studley ramrod
dandywarhol
jimmyf46
stubottle

chrisG
catsbum
stu
poldark
kang
markymark
paulb

Pete

Due to family circumstances i cannot confirm my place at this time.

#7 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:39 pm

As I'm at the TT and MGP, the Southern 100 would be nice, but unlikely.
(Possibles list, maybe)

Are you all aware of the scrapping of the reciprocal agreement by the UK government regarding health care in the Isle of Man? You're gonna need travel insurance, which can be tricky to obtain if you're on a bike over 125cc.

#8 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:51 pm

i get world wide travel insurance thru work, they dont cover bikes as part of standard policy but when i asked last time they sent me a cover note covering euro wide travel on a motorbike up to 1000cc free of charge
costs me £45 a year and covers me for up to 90days outside UK a year
so if anyone else gets benefits thru work its worth checking......

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#9 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:28 pm

Still no members from overseas then?

#10 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:29 am

QUOTE(stubottle @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Possibles list, maybe)

Are you all aware of the scrapping of the reciprocal agreement by the UK government regarding health care in the Isle of Man? You're gonna need travel insurance, which can be tricky to obtain if you're on a bike over 125cc.

Nope ! Nobody tells us owt, we live onanoiiilund !

Do you mean it's tricky getting cover because it's the IOM with no speed restrictions etc.

Any idea what it'd cost and where to get it from ?

I'm changing my confirmation from 'Firm with tent' to 'possible on a 125cc wi cardboard box' !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#11 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:40 pm

QUOTE(stubottle @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Possibles list, maybe)

I believe there are still arguements in Commons about this but, as things stand it seems the agreement ends in april next year

http://www.iomtoday....ping.5901207.jp

I am already covered as we took out travel insurance for when we use motorhome abroad, and got this to include the bike as well. For a full year for both me and my wife, using van or unlimited bike, was about £120. So, I suggest if you already have travel health cover using your bike, it will cost nothing extra.

With regard to single trip, I arranged cover, for me on my 900cc bike, for trip to Ireland for RTT08 and I think it cost about £18.

This was just through my own broker (swinton) using fortis insurance. I am sure there are better deals going and market will be much more competitive with TT in June.

Pete

Keep music live!

#12 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:48 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 10th Dec 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still no members from overseas then?

pl. see list of "probs and poss's"

all are welcome

the island accommodated over 40,000 bikers in june 2007 so I am confident they can be squeezed in somewhere

Pete

Keep music live!

#13 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:22 pm

FERRY BOOKED

I have just booked my ferry as follows:

- sail from liverpool friday 9 July at 1130

- return to liverpool at 1530 from Douglas

- cost £106

I want to be there on friday to see all is OK and also the IoM Rally (cars - modern and historic) starts on friday it seems
http://www.visitisle...ts/manx_int.xml

roll on summer!

Pete

Keep music live!

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,912 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:12 pm

Hi Pete, I'm a probable, leaning towards a 'firm' at this stage. I'll go for the bunkhouse option, but proably not for the full week - 4 days seems most likely. I'll confirm my plans in the new year. Thanks for sorting this.
Chris.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#15 jimmyf46

jimmyf46

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:21 pm

heysham on the sat.

Probably campsite but have just recieved booking form.

looking forward to it.

#16 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:48 pm

I've looked at a couple of bike-related travel insurance companies, and examined the small print. One company excludes you from cover whilst you're actually riding the bike, and the other only gives you emergency treatment cover, which is available anyway. I think what you really need to get is private medical insurance, as travel insurance is full of exclusions, which might land you with a huge bill, if the worst happens.

#17 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:10 pm

QUOTE(stubottle @ Tue 15th Dec 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've looked at a couple of bike-related travel insurance companies, and examined the small print. One company excludes you from cover whilst you're actually riding the bike, and the other only gives you emergency treatment cover, which is available anyway. I think what you really need to get is private medical insurance, as travel insurance is full of exclusions, which might land you with a huge bill, if the worst happens.

there was a thread devoted to "travel insurance" for RTT08 to ireland

http://www.carpe-tdm...amp;#entry89886

hope this helps

mine was £18.90 for 10 days in RTT08 in ireland, but I think others got a good price for the full year

as always - tell them what you need

I must say my broker was extremely helpful, and they have a local office with a real person there

Pete

Keep music live!

#18 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:48 pm

http://www.ncionline...l-insurance.asp
http://aisaffinity.c...ex.aspx?ref=mag
http://www.travelcoverquote.com/appa/

These companies were mentioned by posters on here last year. I don't personally know any of them, but they might be useful to someone.

#19 stubottle

stubottle

seems to like Carpe

• 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:32 am

When I have read motorbike adventure books, the credit card company that gets most of them out of scrapes seems to be American Express. The Isle of Man isn't in the EU, so the E111 card don't apply. Alistair bl**dy Darling seems to think they're not in the UK either. This lack of support from the UK government could see the end of the TT, MGP, S100, and any other form of sport involving visitors to the Island. It could also stop the likes of cyclist Mark Cavendish competing in the UK. There's a petition to stop this penny-pinching disgrace, and get the reciprocal agreement re-instated.
http://petitions.num...healthcareIOMUK

#20 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:21 pm

Excuse my confusion, I've never taken a bike abroad.

Do I need to get personal medical insurance AND additional insurance cover for my bike ? blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users