#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 December 2020 - 08:29 pm

Well, the time has come to part with my trusty TDM900. She’s a 2003 registration in yellow (the fastest colour), a 2002 model year. Reason for sale is twofold; the “new normal” means I’ll probably be commuting a lot less in the future and I’m moving house in the new year and won’t have the garage space I have now.

50736691268_6c42e32236_b.jpg

Let’s get the elephant in the room discussed first, she has over 105,000 miles on the clock, 99k of those miles were done by me since I bought her in 2006. 75% of that mileage is motorway and dual carriageway which is kinder on the chassis and transmission – she’s still on her original clutch and fork seals (and rear/brake light and indicator bulbs!). I’ve always serviced her on schedule, the last service was at 103k miles. However, the valve clearances have not been done at 96k miles as they should have been. They were done at 24k, 48k and 72k. They only needed adjustment at 24k. 
Here's the current age of consumables:
105k miles: Front wheel bearings replaced, all calipers serviced, new rear brake pads fitted.
102k miles: New front tyre, fork oil flushed & replaced. Oil & filter changed.
99k miles: New rear tyre
96k miles: Major service: Plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter, coolant, fork oil and brake fluid all changed. Brakes & rear suspension linkage overhauled.
90k miles: Chain & sprockets replaced, battery replaced, Front brake pads replaced, all brake calipers completely stripped & rebuilt with new seals, front & rear master cyl rebuilt.
88k miles: Alternator rewound following failure. 
80k miles: Rear shock replaced with 2nd hand low mileage OEM. 
72k miles: Major service including valve clearances. Swinging arm bearings replaced & headstock bearings stripped, cleaned & regreased.
As you can see from the piccies, she’s in excellent condition for age and mileage. Although ridden all year, ACF 50 has been used every winter and the brakes & rear suspension linkage serviced each spring. I’ve always used OEM Yamaha service items and Silkolene semi-synth oils and fluids. Tyres are Michelin Pilot Roads. In all the time I’ve had her, she’s only broken down once, when the HT leads shorted in heavy rain. I wrapped everything on the HT side in self-amalgamating tape and have had no trouble since. 
She’s a well known bike to many on the forum who can vouch for her I’m sure. She’s also a celebrity, having recently featured in Ride Magazine’s ‘High Mile Heroes’ feature http://www.carpe-tdm...046&hl=magazine and in their TDM Buyers Guide http://www.carpe-tdm..."ride magazine" .  As well as her commuting duties, I’ve toured most corners of the UK on her, Ireland and mainland Europe.  

Accessories fitted include:
Hel braided brake lines
Stainless steel engine bolt kit.
Lots of other stainless fasteners
Lee Henty’s stainless steel brake pins on all calipers
DL650 hand guards
Datatool alarm/immobiliser with two spare key fobs
Lee Henty’s brass chain adjuster bolts that won’t seize like the OEM steel ones.
Front Fenda Extenda
Upgraded headlight bulbs (Osram Nightbreakers)
DENALI Soundbomb 120DB air horn
Eastern Beaver relay & 3 way fused junction box
Oxford ‘Adventure’ heated grips
12v DIN socket mounted in cockpit/dashboard
Mirror extenders
Lee Henty’s stainless steel rear caliper retention bolt.

In view of her age and mileage, I’m only looking for £1100 for her and I’m offering her on Carpe first in the hope she stays in the Carpe family. I’ve seen 900s with over 140k miles on the clock and still going strong, if you keep the mileage down, she should have many years of reliable riding ahead of her.
The bike is located in Merseyside, North West UK. Please PM me if you have any questions, or want to arrange a viewing, but please don’t waste your time and mine by making daft offers without viewing the bike, I’ll just be ignoring these. Test rides are fine, but I must see proof of insurance, license and I require a cash deposit for the full asking price to be left with me.
50737534557_6a8d2611f7_b.jpg
50736691308_19bd6fbf2d_b.jpg
50737534822_1ab11359c8_b.jpg
50736691133_c03b877cdc_b.jpg
50737534507_110261db60_b.jpg
50737534577_26585a0270_b.jpg
50737534622_d785a1acc1_b.jpg
50737426856_4e0bb77820_b.jpg
50737534667_ceb7066404_b.jpg
50737426986_e025c4f53d_b.jpg
50737426996_1aef6afaef_b.jpg

Edited by Matlock, 29 December 2020 - 12:11 pm.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 December 2020 - 02:36 am

Very cool ML....not the selling but the boike.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 20 December 2020 - 05:58 am

Crikey that’s clean considering the age & milage, it’s a credit to you ML, good luck with the sale.
<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 December 2020 - 09:41 am

I've seen and followed that bike through rush hour traffic,and can vouch for her condition. Chris is a perfectionist.... and I soo wish I could justify buying it! Hope she goes to a member or future member so we can keep track of her. Credit to you Chris and VGLWS.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 20 December 2020 - 12:17 pm

Oh that will be an emotional sell, lot of history you two, been on a few trips with "auld yella" and it's always been maintained well as all his bikes are/were.. that's a cracking buy for someone and I hope it sticks around.

Thanks for popping bye Chris, very nice to see you again matey glws and I'll open my Xmas pressie on the day

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 December 2020 - 04:00 pm

That's a very nice bike and I must say I am very tempted,Chris. I have been considering returning to the fold after having a couple of I'll judged dalliances with, firstly,an 1150gs and more recently a vfr750 which I just sold a week ago. Hmmm 🤔
Two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left.

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:59 pm

That's a very nice bike and I must say I am very tempted,Chris. I have been considering returning to the fold after having a couple of I'll judged dalliances with, firstly,an 1150gs and more recently a vfr750 which I just sold a week ago. Hmmm

Hiya Jonny, long time no hear. Hope you're well mate? it would be nice to think of her spending her retirement in the beauty of the Highlands  :good:

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#8 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:07 pm

All good up here, Chris, just enjoying our last few days of freedom before going back into lockdown on Boxing Day.😡
As I said, just sold the vfr which was a great bike but one I never really bonded with but already missing not having a bike in the garage. I'll pm you about the bike.

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:52 am

look at how much bike u can get for £1100!  

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:42 am

look at how much bike u can get for £1100!  

Hands off Wicky😀

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 December 2020 - 12:01 pm

Hands off Wicky

pull that trigger JW.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#12 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 01:48 pm

pull that trigger JW.

Cogs are turning and plans being considered.😎

#13 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:02 pm

Cogs are turning and plans being considered.

I saw it in the flesh other day, immaculate machine

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:12 pm

Now sold, I'm sure the buyer will make himself known  ;)​ 

Follow me on twitter

#15 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 December 2020 - 12:33 pm

Well done ML...and buyer.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:15 pm

Well done Chris.  Are you missing her yet ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 December 2020 - 04:20 pm

Enjoy JW - long time no hear/see

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#18 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:23 pm

Shall I deliver tissues Chris ! Must feel like a divorce.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#19 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 December 2020 - 06:53 pm

Shall I deliver tissues Chris ! Must feel like a divorce.

When writing the receipt add the paragraph for agreed visitation rights :rotflmmfao: :good:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#20 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 09:13 pm

Hi boys, after some years lost in the wilderness I'm glad to say I've found my way home.😎 Looking forward to taking possession of Matlock's pride and joy, I'll do my best to look after it.🤗

Due to the current Covid travel restrictions, especially up here in Scotland,it's unlikely I'll be able to travel down in person to collect the bike so will probably have to have bike delivered. Has anyone on here used any companies offering this service or have any recommendations. Thanks.

Edited by JohnnyW, 29 December 2020 - 09:13 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users