#41 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:44 pm

My MT-07 is fab too. The worst feature is the cheap suspension which shows up if you are pushing it. Quite a few owners fit a different shock, and some new fork internals. I have not. I cannot say that there have been any serious faults with the bike on the US-based MT forum. A lot have flashed the ecu. Hardly any niggles. I keep coming across reports of KTM faults.

Talking of forums, that's something missing for the Tracer. There's no equivalent to Carpe or even anything near it in the UK. There's a forum that is crap and doesn't get much traffic and a Faceborg group. The CB500X US forum isn't at all bad and the UK Vstrom forum is very good. It's a shame that these decent bikes don't have a Brit forum. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#42 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 03 December 2018 - 12:39 am

It looks like you're volunteering to start a forum. Good man !

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#43 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:42 am

I do believe from the Yamaha blurb that the T7 motor has "great throttle response and a lot of torque". Or words to that effect. No doubt the suspenders will be budget but fixable, seems to be a Yammie cost saving ploy with their recent models.

We shall see, I'm still quite enthused. Particularly after seeing the prices of the new Triumphs and KTM's down here. Eye watering.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#44 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:28 pm

I've watched enough reviews of the launch now to be multilingual.

It seems the T7 is indeed a dirty TDM. Just watched the 44 teeth review with Jason Statham, lol, and the clinching comment was "leave it in 3rd and just roll on, roll off". Comment was made on a lovely bit of twisty road.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#45 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:46 am

Take it you've seen the online ordering? https://www.yamaha-m...0/configurator/ from £8399. Ceramic ice looks like a blue and white. Looking at the options you can spec a rally seat for £300  ....and a ciggy lighter for £38.

So the bike I would have came to £12,557.50. 

Mmm think I'll stay with the 9'er for a while longer.

#46 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:56 pm

Went to Yam dealer to enquire if I ordered online now could I have a Ten in March with discount?

No!

First batch gone anyway, so he said. Only September bikes to be had. BUT! He ordered two more for fictional customers. One blue, one white. Just to have them in the showroom for potential buyers to see. If I wanted one I could have one of them with discount and without online order.
My wife was there and she virtually forced me to put a deposit down. Completely the opposite of my decision to boycott a buy for taking two years too long to launch. I seem a bit fickle when it comes to Teneres.
Anyway he believes them to come in end of June. Not convinced.

The TDM will have to go I'm affraid. Somebody will get really nice low mileage bike.

Rob

#47 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:52 am

@muppdog, Did it arrive yet ? 

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#48 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 08:27 pm

Nope! Was told it was from the early batch but even Yamaha can't say. Sad, really.
Apparently, they are made in France and they close for the whole of August. As is customary in France. According to some lady from Yamaha. That is why the next batch is from September on. But so many storys about who knows what is right or wrong.
We are going on our annual bike tour in August. Was hoping to try the Ten out as we will be seeking out some gravel roads in Wales. The old girl might just have to do for another season. Won't mind really as I know she will get me there and back yet once more.
Oh, I will miss the TDM.

#49 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:30 pm

I'm waiting for a test ride before I pull the pin. No idea when they will arrive in NZ.

If it takes the boxes then parting with the TDM will be a sad day, especially knowing that I will virtually have to give it away. On the bright side, it could lead to a new Carpe member. Must check I have not posted anything incriminating about the bike...

#50 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:33 pm

It Is Here!!!

Late late late. I am not picking it up til next month but I sat on it. Very nice indeed.  New plates and all that. Very hard seat. Yamaha initially refused to release the bike to me as it was ordered for somebody else but is sorted now.

Just got no room in the garage and I am very reluctant to part with the TDM. My wife wants me to keep it, too. We'll see.

If somebody is interested in a low mileage 06 ABS one, give me a shout. Rather see it go to a CARPE member. Dealer offered £1500 in p/e with all extras removed.

Harvey, all tests positive so far. It even beat the holy grail of adventure bikes, the KTM 790R in a direct comp test!

Rob

#51 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:21 pm

Rather see it go to a CARPE member. Dealer offered £1500 in p/e with all extras removed.

Rob

I paid almost three times that for a low mileage 2002 in Norway. Pristine, but no extras except Scottoiler. Import cost would be 700 £, so it might be a market for you here as well.

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#52 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:26 pm

Saw one last week

Attached Files

#53 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:06 pm

It Is Here!!!

Late late late. I am not picking it up til next month but I sat on it. Very nice indeed.  New plates and all that. Very hard seat. Yamaha initially refused to release the bike to me as it was ordered for somebody else but is sorted now.

Just got no room in the garage and I am very reluctant to part with the TDM. My wife wants me to keep it, too. We'll see.

If somebody is interested in a low mileage 06 ABS one, give me a shout. Rather see it go to a CARPE member. Dealer offered £1500 in p/e with all extras removed.

Harvey, all tests positive so far. It even beat the holy grail of adventure bikes, the KTM 790R in a direct comp test!

Rob

I've yet to see a direct comp in English. Linky?

Everything else I have seen implies it is a genuinely dirty TDM. Perfick.

I may yet get the chance to fire a big twin at a pile of rocks. :unsure2:

#54 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:07 pm

Norwegian
Its not pristine. Its used and shows it. But no rust and
corrosion minimized with the magic spray. Well devices. Usual brittle plastics. Planned to upgrade them with a Boxer kit, which I got. Did not get around to fit it.

Rob

#55 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:42 am

There is a comparative test in this week's Motorcycle News with a KTM 790 Adventure R. It maybe that it is not yet posted on their website (I have the paper version).
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#56 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:23 pm

It Is Here!!!

Rob

ohhhh very good news Muppy,  what dealer did ya buy it from?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#57 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 05:39 pm

Damerells, Indian Queens.

#58 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:45 am

Damerells, Indian Queens.

they used to have a dealership on Mutley Plain in Plymuff and the lad that worked there was ace at ordering spares,  he really knew he's onions. A few of us used to order TDM bits from them.  We are looking forward to your comments on the new Tenere.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#59 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:43 am

I paid almost three times that for a low mileage 2002 in Norway. Pristine, but no extras except Scottoiler. Import cost would be 700 £, so it might be a market for you here as well.

I bought a 2004 from a Carpedian two years ago, and at that time it was a bargain compared to the Norwegian market....
Bjørge

#60 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:18 pm

Maybe  trip to Norway next summer is in order and just leave the bike there instead of the boring trek home!?

Love your country, by the way. Best bike trip I ever had!! Just those boring two days to get there. Sorry Holland, sorry Denmark, sorry North Sea and Channel coast.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users