#1 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:38 pm

Who's doing competitive multi bike insurance?
Just had the quote to renew insurance on my 3 bikes again. Had to phone them as the S10 is going to be replaced with new tracer GT.
Auntie Nash wanted another £350 on top of the £463 already quoted for the renewal.

Maybe better to get the bikes sorted individually?

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:36 pm

Crikey, that's a lot !

Sidey's got multi bike insurance, pretty sure he was with Carol Gash too, but might be worth dropping him a pm Dave.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:39 pm

I went back to insuring the bikes separately for that bery reason.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#4 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:57 pm

Carol Nash is always stupidly expensive for me for some reason, 

Last year I wanted to insure the niner separately,with no, no claims, has I had used my no claims on my other bike,

Carol Nash wanted an eye watering £650 for the TDM alone, I insured it with Hastings direct for £127 fully comp,

just don't make sense,

got 2 bikes on Bikesure now, cost £230

#5 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:22 pm

I avoid multi too. Having all eggs in one basket and being cornered could be entirely funless...
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#6 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:51 am

Cheers all.
Did a couple of online quotes last night and it looks like my operator pressed a few wrong buttons or something.
Gonna give Devitt a call tonight as I couldn't do a multi bike quote online.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#7 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:18 am

I've been using BeMoto for a couple of years now for my multibike policy- last time was the first that a renewal quote was cheaper than the previous year so I didn't bother shopping around.

This might be a stupid question but if you have separate policies can you only use your No Claims on one of the policies?

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#8 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 November 2018 - 09:06 am

Just had my 6 wheel quote from Carole N, that's for one car and five bikes £800.39 fully comp. Eyewatering but probably about right. I use CN because 4 of the bikes are classics so the free breakdown recovery is always useful (and was very efficient when I needed it last year). 

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#9 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:10 am

Cheers all.
Did a couple of online quotes last night and it looks like my operator pressed a few wrong buttons or something.
Gonna give Devitt a call tonight as I couldn't do a multi bike quote online.

I think you're right. Better to have to only deal with one office of scheming, money grabbing coonts, than two or three every year. Tracer GT ey, it's the sorted Tracer, can't say I'm not a bit envious Dave. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#10 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:30 am

I've been using BeMoto for a couple of years now for my multibike policy- last time was the first that a renewal quote was cheaper than the previous year so I didn't bother shopping around.

I changed to BeMoto this year, so far very impressed with them and if you quote 44Teeth (a YouTube site I saw them advertised on) you get a discount.

The package is set up nicely for bikers and they gave me a pretty competitive quote for all the bikes. Worth a call anyway.

#11 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:42 pm

What I can never understand is that you can only ride one bike at a time so the rest is just theft cover?

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 November 2018 - 06:15 pm

This might be a stupid question but if you have separate policies can you only use your No Claims on one of the policies?

The answer sure is stupid. Yes, no claims are considered separate.... Unless of course you make a claim... And then they will all be considered linked so they can remove all of your no claims!!

I have Dave and TDM on same policy. They insure to the most expensive (haaa... Both worth about 3p) and make the crazy common sense assumption that you can't ride then both at the same time!! Think mine is somewhere atwix £90-£110 "fully comp" for the two on the same policy ... Though at 3p a bike fully comp prolly not gonna help any.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#13 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,176 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:19 pm

What I can never understand is that you can only ride one bike at a time so the rest is just theft cover?

and fire

#14 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 07:50 pm

and fire

:hide:  whoa where?

#15 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:07 pm

Just had my 6 wheel quote from Carole N, that's for one car and five bikes £800.39 fully comp. Eyewatering but probably about right. I use CN because 4 of the bikes are classics so the free breakdown recovery is always useful (and was very efficient when I needed it last year). 

Me and the misses get personal cover as it's seems to work out much cheaper. Although we have to change every bloody year to keep the cost down.

I think you're right. Better to have to only deal with one office of scheming, money grabbing coonts, than two or three every year. Tracer GT ey, it's the sorted Tracer, can't say I'm not a bit envious Dave. 

Think I'm doing the right thing as the S10s so heavy around the garden and I dropped it with my daughter on the back on holiday, thought I'd caught it but then we were over. No damage to bike or us thank f***. Love the bloody thing when on it.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

I'll be giving BeMoto a call along with Devitt at some point.

Thanks to all.

Edited by Catteeclan, 22 November 2018 - 08:08 pm.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#16 CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:15 am

I've cancelled my bike insurance for now, but for my Volvo's renewal I was surprised to find that Direct Line was cheaper than many of the comparison site quotes, so I've given my business to Harvey Keitel.  I don't think they do bikes but it's certainly worth checking for cars.

1996 TDM850 in Yellow, Motad Nexxus, MK1 bashplate, Acerbis handguards, K&N, Xenons, Aux lamps, Bluespot calipers, Renthal 755 bars, DIY panniers, JBX-inspired gear indicator.  (Currently not on the road.)

Bikes wot I have had and dun't have any more: 1983 Honda CB125TDC, 1976 Kawasaki S1C (early KH250 stroker triple), 1986 Honda VF500F2, 1992 Kawasaki KLE500.

#17 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 08:30 pm

Got all 3 of our family cars with Direct Line because they've been the cheapest. Just got to ring up each year to get them to redo the quote as a new customer. I think it's as much as 25% off for new customers. Doesn't pay to be loyal.

As an additional point I do that with my bike as well. Hastings Direct always manage to suddenly find a cheaper quote......

If you don't ask you don't get. 

Oh and don't forget to check your renewal quotes in detail. All my accessories vanished off my renewal as in "Accessories:- 0", they got a bit up tight when I asked where they were said it was up to me to check. Good job I did....

Edited by TKH, 26 November 2018 - 08:34 pm.

#18 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:02 pm

Just an update and thanks to all for info and advise.

Gave all the info to bemoto who were going to phone me back next day, then the next day????

Spoke to my bike supplying dealer, {Tinklers} who suggested I try Besure.
Phoned and left all my details and said they'd phone me back next day,,,,,,,,
Had to phone them and spoke to a girl who went through all the info again and phoned me back in around 15 mins.

All bikes sorted for £230, well happy. 

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#19 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 11:32 am

Just an update and thanks to all for info and advise.

Gave all the info to bemoto who were going to phone me back next day, then the next day????

Spoke to my bike supplying dealer, {Tinklers} who suggested I try Besure.
Phoned and left all my details and said they'd phone me back next day,,,,,,,,
Had to phone them and spoke to a girl who went through all the info again and phoned me back in around 15 mins.

All bikes sorted for £230, well happy. 

Thats good. Mine is nearly due, I'm with Bennets, went up from 440 to 460  (due in 2 weeks) because I've also added a KTM 620 and another TDM 900 to the list. Not bad I suppose but I'll give Besure a try

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#20 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 09:46 am

Thats good. Mine is nearly due, I'm with Bennets, went up from 440 to 460  (due in 2 weeks) because I've also added a KTM 620 and another TDM 900 to the list. Not bad I suppose but I'll give Besure a try

I guess the excesses weren't the best at 400- Tracer, 250 TDM and 200 Dominator but I'd had worse.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users