Photo
- - - - -

No Sign Of The "tdm Replacement" At Intermot.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:46 am

The Intermot show is starting in Cologne, traditionally one of the big bike shows where manufacturers launch their new models. So far, there are new models from most of the manufacturers, including Yamaha, but nothing like the TDM. Linky dinky

Edited by Matlock, 30 September 2014 - 08:47 am.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:37 am

I think a lot of the new model stories are generated by the media, like Motorcycle News, to generate sales. I still hope they use the MT07 for something other than a street fighter though. If they beef it up to 800 and give it some wind protection it has the potential to be a great bike.  

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:07 am

Restyled Kawasaki Versys 1000 is looking nice though. Linky dink.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:15 am

Bugger, what are they playing at !!!!!!! :punishment:

That Versys does look good !

In Fact if you look through the pictures, everything you would want from a new TDM is on it.

For £10,000.

Yamaha better hurry up or they will loose customers.

me being one !

Edited by Geordie Guy, 30 September 2014 - 11:28 am.

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#5 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:46 am

We're doomed I say, doomed!!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:54 am

WHAT!!!! But I know someone who dogs dads aunties uncle in law who knows a squirl that ate acorns on the lawn of someone who knew someone else whos cats budgie knew someone who sold kedgeree chowder to someone else who knew someone who's mates cousin said it would be!!!!!  Just cant believe it wasn't actually there.

...though I have heard that its 1300cc and 2 wheel drive.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:48 pm

Dapleb I loved the above post , the kawasaki looks nice I was just looking at the new ktm that looks like a good bit of kit.

Call me grumpy but all these new bikes are very samey in looks odd headlights odd exhausts etc Im 5 to ten years behind on bike fashion by choice .

#8 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:55 pm

Aren't Yamaha bringing out a sports adventure bike (like TDM) based on the MT-09 in 2015

#9 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:48 pm

Bugger, what are they playing at !!!!!!! :punishment:

That Versys does look good !

In Fact if you look through the pictures, everything you would want from a new TDM is on it.

For £10,000.

Yamaha better hurry up or they will loose customers.

me being one !

Its to heavy at 250 kg need something around 200kg or lower the MT09 with a bigger tank and fairing would be less then 200kg

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#10 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:27 pm

But I know someone who dogs dads aunties

Kinky friends, huh?

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#11 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:27 pm

Maybe it will be at EICMA Milan in November

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#12 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:40 pm

Versys - Needs to lose some lower plastic and that fugly can, but the remainder is nice.

Edited by Favs, 30 September 2014 - 08:41 pm.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#13 cortez

cortez

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:29 am

Bugger, where's the TDM replacement?  I'll most likely be looking for a new bike next year, get your act together Mr. Yamaha.

That new Crossrunner looks very much to my liking, as is the Versys 1000.  I rode the big Versys awhile back and found it just about the most comfortable bike I've ridden, it just seemed to fit me at 187cm and that seat was so comfortable (pity about the screen which was hopeless, but these things can be fixed).  And now the new model comes with a centre stand and is less visually challenged, woo, hoo. 

I've ridden the original model Crossrunner too and loved it apart from the ridiculous bar graph tacho and the uncomfortable foot peg position.  Dunno about a new dash, although the bike has been restyled, but Honda has seen the light regarding the footpegs, can't wait for a ride.  So there'll probably be a new bike in the shed next year, looks like it might not be a Yammie though.

#14 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:41 am

Its to heavy at 250 kg need something around 200kg or lower the MT09 with a bigger tank and fairing would be less then 200kg

The MT-09-based Sport Tourer design which they have patented might well give you that.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#15 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:56 am

The other bike that caught my eye at Intermot after the Versus was the Ducati Scrambler. Now before you start booing & throwing rotten vegetables, I like the flat tracker / scrambler style, it's 186kg & 75 horsepowers and would suit the riding I'm doing nowadays. No more than 500km's of twisties & gravel. Don't do two up anymore & a touring holiday is well over the horizon. Looks like fun if it doesn't have any of the traditional foibles.

Linky sausage

Just sayin, a man can wonder.

Oh, Kawasaki H2. Only if I could lift the complete Encyclopedia Britannica 20 times with my testickles. 

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#16 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:01 am

The MT-09-based Sport Tourer design which they have patented might well give you that.

Not wanting to derail the thread but will anyway. Check this out.

MT09 Street Rallye

In French.

Just sayin. Oh, no luggage. But.

#17 tomwal

tomwal

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:28 am

WHAT!!!! But I know someone who dogs dads aunties uncle in law who knows a squirl that ate acorns on the lawn of someone who knew someone else whos cats budgie knew someone who sold kedgeree chowder to someone else who knew someone who's mates cousin said it would be!!!!!  Just cant believe it wasn't actually there.

...though I have heard that its 1300cc and 2 wheel drive.

I am reliably informed that Yamaha may be re-developing the Moto Guzzi V8 engine from the 1950's and putting it in

a new TDM trike - with 10 riding modes,  5 level  traction control, intelligent suspension that uses information from GPS

and carbon fibre cup holders in the fairing.

#18 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:42 am

Not wanting to derail the thread but will anyway. Check this out.

MT09 Street Rallye

In French.

Just sayin. Oh, no luggage. But.

Think I must try this bike. If I'm disappointed, take my old MkI home with a grin. A win-win situation.  :P

Bjørge

#19 m0rt

m0rt

really likes Carpe

• 97 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:37 am

The other bike that caught my eye at Intermot after the Versus was the Ducati Scrambler. Now before you start booing & throwing rotten vegetables, I like the flat tracker / scrambler style, it's 186kg & 75 horsepowers and would suit the riding I'm doing nowadays. No more than 500km's of twisties & gravel. Don't do two up anymore & a touring holiday is well over the horizon. Looks like fun if it doesn't have any of the traditional foibles.

Linky sausage

Just sayin, a man can wonder.

Oh, Kawasaki H2. Only if I could lift the complete Encyclopedia Britannica 20 times with my testickles. 

I like that Scrambler. Proper dimensions for that kind of thing too.

However, that marketing made me puke. http://scramblerducati.com/en (kill the vid. Trust me.)

What are they doing? hiring ex Harley-Davidson marketeers?

#20 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:03 pm

LOL. Yup. Is the marketing aimed at the Frappuccino set?

The photo gallery is equally nauseous, one is even titled "bike broken down beside haystack". Bizarre.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users