#1 g650xtdm

g650xtdm

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:59 pm

Hello again.

I have been in contact with Hagonusa about getting a shock for my 1993 TDM 850.  I told them I wanted one the standard length for the first generation TDM as opposed to the version they sell that covers both the Mk1 and MkII.  They replied asking for the unladen length of the shock.  I assume it is 300mm, since YSS lists 300mm for the MkI and 310mm for the MkII.  But can anybody confirm this length?  Thanks for the help!

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:35 am

http://www.carpe-tdm...=+shock +length  :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 g650xtdm

g650xtdm

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:05 am

Thanks Studley.  I saw that thread and it looks like people saw the same YSS data regarding shock lengths.  I was curious if anybody had actually measured one to get the actual length.

I've emailed several shock providers (YSS, Hagon, Yacugar) and have only had a response from Hagon.  The more I read, the less I want a Hagon as I am 175 pounds and never have a passenger.  It seems like Hagon uses one spring for all riders.  If priced competitively, I'd like to try a Yacugar.  I'm very happy with the Hyperpro on my BMW and my understanding of Yacugar is that it is made up of former Hyperpro employees and they get their parts from the same sources.  So you get a shock similar in quality to a Hyperpro for a bit cheaper.  Not sure how true that story is, but they seem to get good reviews.

The Hagon will be $399 and I know a Hyperpro will cost me $650.  I'd much prefer to stay closer to $400 than $650.  I believe the shock on the bike now is original with 37K miles, although it may have been resprung - it seems very stiff.

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:02 am

Okeedokee, according to Stormy (RIP)

The Hagon one is 314mm

The stock one is 302mm

Measured centre to centre at the bolt holes.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users