#1 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:08 pm

Dunno who's done this, however....
Whichever designer stuffed the fuse box, starter solenoid etc under the seat, and then left it all exposed to the water'n'shite flung up by rear wheel etc needs to be taken outside and have their balls (or other parts if not male) dipped in liquid nitrogen punishment.gif
Having to replace solenoids as a service item at 26k seems tad stoopid methinks

So go get an old inner tube from your local tyre place and chop it up

Fit over end of rear mudguard and bolt down using the 2 mudguard bolts (one under fuse box, other under scottoiler in this case) and then cable tie it in place, having punched some appropriate holes (I got flash & used a hole punch). Cable ties arrowed in pic + another one on side around rear resevoir to mc hose.

That should do the trick

(any Moderators wanna bounce this and the clutch cable cover post into knowledge base? tried to post there originally but couldn't)
Done - Thomas.
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#2 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:52 pm

Give me a linkback to the clutch one and I'll look into it.
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#3 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:50 am

Nice work, jht! good.gif Must admit I was stunned to see the "hole" in the design - I guess there was a later rethink, and 900's are better protected.

Edited by Pict, 23 January 2007 - 05:50 am.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#4 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:49 am

It snot that uncommon, I was helping a mate sort out the buggered up main bus bar on his Hardly recently, caused by exactly the same stupidity.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#5 Jez

Jez

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:38 pm

Nice one, J. There was another post about this a while back where peeps were suggesting ally plates and fizzy pop bottles but no-one mentioned an inner tube good.gif .
Red and black '96. Blue spot Thunderace calipers with braided two-line front hoses - 'kin brill. 17 incher out front. Renthal street/trail bars - vibe free. 1150GS brush guards. HIDs - niiiiice. Stebel Magnum - crikey. Nonfango hard luggage. Nexxus. SW-Motech center stand. Had a Powerbronze tall screen - too noisy - went back to standard.

Stealth Diamond Black 900 with lurvely black frame. GS brush guards. HotGrips on a relay - cos I keep forgetting. SW-Motech center stand and engine bars. LED rear light. Vario set to min. 17 incher. PR2s.

All now a fond (very fond) memory. Maybe again some day.

#6 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:45 pm

Fizzy pop bottles???
Now I shoulda done that, but used plastic beer bottles instead (if such a thing exists.. Ah hell shoulda got some White Lightening)
And I'd have to have drunk said contents first, what an excuse for getting rat arsed banana.gif

SWMBO: "What you want all those bottles of strong cider for?" huh.gif

" Gotta fix the bike luv!" rolleyes.gif
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#7 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:35 pm

well done J, does it protect the underside of the starter relay too ??h

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#8 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:15 pm

Yeah, that the idea!

Cable tied around Resevoir to Rear MC pipe, that little bracket where starter motor cables run through, and around frame cross member just behind shock mount. The aim was to specifically protect the area around starter solenoid, fuse box etc.

After week riding in rain/snow/ general dampness I'll have a butchers under seat at weekend and see what water ingress have had if any & report back

I've also coated the area in ACF50 before fitting rubber, stuff seems to have a good reputation for stopping/preventing corrosion (anyone else used it???)

#9 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:58 pm

Found this whilst browsing web, not seen an undertray offered for TDM before

http://www.mototunin...tdm850_pdr.php3

Attached File  tdm850_96_pdr_tl_l.jpg   26.08KB   35 downloads

dunno if it extends all way down, different tho'

#10 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:08 pm

Any idea how I go about buying one, my french is terrible.

#11 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:06 am

Mai non! je ne pas any idea how to order as my french is pants
Tho' I know a few french speakers, will try get one to have a look and lettuce snow what it says re ordering for you, may not be till weekend tho'

#12 Jez

Jez

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:24 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Tue 20th Feb 2007, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any idea how I go about buying one, my french is terrible.

I think maybe JBX's french is passable. Or maybe you could get the page translated using Babel Fish or similar.
Red and black '96. Blue spot Thunderace calipers with braided two-line front hoses - 'kin brill. 17 incher out front. Renthal street/trail bars - vibe free. 1150GS brush guards. HIDs - niiiiice. Stebel Magnum - crikey. Nonfango hard luggage. Nexxus. SW-Motech center stand. Had a Powerbronze tall screen - too noisy - went back to standard.

Stealth Diamond Black 900 with lurvely black frame. GS brush guards. HotGrips on a relay - cos I keep forgetting. SW-Motech center stand and engine bars. LED rear light. Vario set to min. 17 incher. PR2s.

All now a fond (very fond) memory. Maybe again some day.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:40 pm

i used babelfish and im still in't dark. what we need is some feedback from a MKII owner thats actually fitted one, i wonder if someone on the German TDM site has ever used one ??

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#14 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:44 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 20th Feb 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i used babelfish and im still in't dark beating away furiously punishment.gif . what we need is some feedback from a MKII owner thats actually fitted one, i wonder if someone on the German TDM site has ever used one ??

#15 Edman

Edman

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:03 am

There's a couple on here
Here

and click on Yamaha on left

Say they ship to Europe

Edited by Edman, 21 February 2007 - 07:22 am.

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:08 am

ahhh 900 riders it looks like u can get a decent rear hugger..... from Edman's link above !!!

#17 Guest_erdferkel_*

Guest_erdferkel_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:36 am

hello,

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 20th Feb 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder if someone on the German TDM site has ever used one ??

i've not heard about someone mounting this device and talking about it in the german forum.

glückauf
ralf

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:55 pm

folks i'm out in the garage taping up me wiring loom on the bike and re-routing it, now the fattest part of the loom that runs down by the rhs frame rail towards the starter relay............... where does it go then, around or under the relay ?? also the loom then splits into smaller sections, 1 to the fuse box and 1 to the outside of the frame rail and up to the tail light, now how do i route this section to the tail light ??? do i route it out over the top of the frame rail with the black felt stuff stuck to it (right next to the fusebox) or do i route it out underneath the same frame rail ???????? sorry fer the confusions............ !!!!!!!!!!!

#19 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:28 pm

useless fookers !

#20 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:30 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Wed 28th Mar 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
useless fookers !

My bikes not in bits so I cant help tongue.gif

HaynesBOL aint much use either.
TAM

Edited by TDMTAM, 28 March 2007 - 09:35 pm.

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users