7 replies to this topic

#1 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 January 2019 - 06:24 am

Yes that old cookie, sorry, but I got this off the BBC. If you're thinking of travelling to Europe after we leave the EU:

Green Cards would be required under EU regulations as proof of insurance if the UK leaves the EU without a withdrawal deal.

The documents are supplied by insurers and anyone who drives without one may be breaking the law.

There was supposed to have been some leeway but apparently no formal statement has been made.

#2 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 January 2019 - 07:36 am

These maybe worth a read

https://www.gov.uk/g...m_content=daily

https://www.gov.uk/g...-no-brexit-deal

I will be watching for any updates, as all things equal I am going into Europe late summer this year

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 January 2019 - 08:21 am

Interesting, so that means in the event of "no deal" swmbo gets to carry on driving in the UK with her EU licence and as mine was obtained in Germany (EU licence) and already exchanged i'm good, phew :rockon:  would hate to have to retake the test.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:30 am

I've got the joy of this in both direction, I have a UK driving licence but my car is on Dutch plates and insurance and my bike will going the same way in the summer. :D

Trouble is as there's not yet a plan for brexit nobody knows what the final situation will be, they might work out a deal like Norways where our licences and insurance is fine.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:02 pm

I suspect it's already been sorted, like a lot other details, but there not letting on so as not encourage peeps one way or the other.

#6 mikem

mikem

sticking around

• 20 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 17 January 2019 - 03:27 pm

I'll have to keep an eye on this, but I've got until September before I travel so something should have been sorted by then.

#7 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:28 pm

I suspect it's already been sorted, like a lot other details, but there not letting on so as not encourage peeps one way or the other.

+1   ... not wanting to sound like a pleb but, 'it's globalism, innit ? '

The deliberate running down of UK armed forces numbers and suddenly a mention of a new EU army, to be fair that was in the Lisbon Treaty back in 2009, which of course we all read from cover to cover.

The future is already known, the timescale is the only unknown.

Other opinions are easily created :)

EDIT...just thinking, does this mean a return to the good old days when I could get a speeding ticket in continental Europe and not have to pay it ? :)

Edited by fixitsan, 17 January 2019 - 09:29 pm.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#8 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:56 pm

EDIT...just thinking, does this mean a return to the good old days when I could get a speeding ticket in continental Europe and not have to pay it ? :)

We can all only hope!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users