• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:36 pm

Wilbers works out at about £637 incl FAT,  if i spec it up with remote reservoir and some udder stuff i don't need (but like ;) ) it will come in at close to £900!

Think the Nitron is the cheaper option.    

decisions decisions :rolleyes:

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#2 TDrummer

TDrummer

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:40 pm

if you're willing to order from USA, I have a great suspension shop who will build a high end shock for a great price.

I posted another thread about it.

cheers

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:42 pm

if you're willing to order from USA, I have a great suspension shop who will build a high end shock for a great price.

I posted another thread about it.

cheers

Cogent?  Looks good but i'd rather buy from this side of the pond as it will work out costly to have one shipped to 'Blighty'.  Tank yew TDrummer.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:17 pm

Go for the Nitron wickers, i had a Wilbers with remote preload on the 9r, pure magic but even though i got mine for a decent price then uprated the spring i would'nt spend so much mulla for a Wilbers, if your taking pillion and luggage often then go for it otherwise the Nitron is a good as anything else i've read about but cheaper, even cheaper is an M-shock which i've put on the mk1 at £350, you can phone and speak to the owner if ya like (ex racer chap, forget who now) but according to him his shocks are giving Nitron a good run on the track.

Edit.. me bike's on rails with the M-shock.

Edited by dablik, 28 June 2018 - 08:18 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:11 pm

Thanks Cliff,  oil teddy bear that in mind.

#6 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:24 am

Another reason i bought the M-shock was the 2 year guarantee and knowing they can refurb with an extra 2 year guarantee on that work....bonus.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#7 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:25 am

In a few days I will have experienced both, will post then  :)

Bjørge

#8 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:47 am

YSS under £300 great shock and had mine 2 years + all round riding no corrosion massive cheap improvement on stock.

to much emphasis on brand names go for what works

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:53 am

Have you thought about a fournales? :Lolzio:
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#10 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:59 am

I've had a Nitron on my 900 for a couple of years now and it transformed the ride, I think with remote pre load (which I have and is useful) they are touching £600.

If you can wait for the past two years they have been offering the remote pre load adjuster for half price over the winter

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#11 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:21 pm

I've had a Nitron on my 900 for a couple of years now and it transformed the ride, I think with remote pre load (which I have and is useful) they are touching £600.

If you can wait for the past two years they have been offering the remote pre load adjuster for half price over the winter

£650 with remote preload.

Just ordered a nitron myself (£438 without remote preload as i never have a pillion)

#12 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:05 pm

Another option Wicky is a Maxton shock. I had one on my mk2 and it was excellent.
Two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:45 am

In a few days I will have experienced both, will post then  :)

excellent Bjorge,  lemme know yer findings.

YSS under £300 great shock and had mine 2 years + all round riding no corrosion massive cheap improvement on stock.

to much emphasis on brand names go for what works

Akirasan me tinks yer roight,  no matter what i fit it'll be better dan whats on dare atm.  I'm not really into labels and brands but i hafta confess when it comes to bike kit i loike to spend a bit more money (wasted perhaps, but it gives me a warm feeling!)

Have you thought about a fournales? :Lolzio:

It's been an advisory on the last  MOT,  i may remove the remote preload reservoir (The Duo unit) and see if it'll hold air a bit better (for longer!)  It may need the oil topping up so i may research it or hassle Eccles for some info as he topped up his Fournales previously. It really isn't a case of 'fit and ferget' as it's always in the back of my mind that it will fail completely at some point.   I spent quite a lot buying it,  then i had it overhauled with a new chrome damper (£150 or more) and had the Duo unit fitted at the same time (another £150)  I have never really felt that i had value for money out of it and if i was to calculate the mileage it has done over the years it would be about 30k,  which seems pish poor. Either way i need to buy another shock and fit it to No. 7 and i cud always fit the Fournales to  'Me Off' (3VD) or sling it in the dusty bin!

Tanks Robin Hall.  

£650 with remote preload.

Just ordered a nitron myself (£438 without remote preload as i never have a pillion)

Cheers Panters,  i loike the idea of a remote preload even though i don't take pillions.

Another option Wicky is a Maxton shock. I had one on my mk2 and it was excellent.

Ahhhh good man JW,  another quality brand i had firgotten about.  What ya riding these daze,  stihl got a BMW GS?

#14 JohnnyW

JohnnyW

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:56 pm

Ahhhh good man JW, another quality brand i had firgotten about. What ya riding these daze, stihl got a BMW GS?

Got fed up dropping the GS while wheeling it about the garage so changed for a 97 vfr750, the last of the carburetted vfrs. Great bike but not been out on it much. Swithering about whether I need a bike or not, if I am going to keep a bike I'll get rid of the vfr, might even look at getting a tdm.😃
Two wrongs dont make a right but three rights make a left.

#15 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:32 pm

If I remember correctly, Dandy once had a Fournales and was not too pleased with it.

I'll probably go for a Nibers, or even a Wiltron...

top_640.png

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:47 pm

I had one too crazy Frenchman. Was said in jest due to their ever deflating shock and inflating excuses.

Luckily sourced mine through a very honourable retailer who made them take it back and refund.

The ride quality was excellent.
. When it worked.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#17 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:36 am

Do you need a remote???

I had a YZF 750 fully adjustable suspension.

Set it up once never adjusted again even with a pillion.

Racing and track riding yes adjust to suit.

My TDM YSS shock  set up and its still doing a fantastic job a lot cheaper than others

#18 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:46 pm

Do you need a remote???

I had a YZF 750 fully adjustable suspension.

Set it up once never adjusted again even with a pillion.

Racing and track riding yes adjust to suit.

My TDM YSS shock  set up and its still doing a fantastic job a lot cheaper than others

i'd like a remote!  I need to speak to Mark Standley at SSR suspension and get some more info afore spending.

#19 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:11 am

Was to test the new Wilbers shock yesterday - but found a pint in my hand and too soon realised it spoiled a test run  :lol:

I now have a new Wilbers on the niner and a Nitron Sport on the MkI, and they give a surprisingly different riding experience; the Wilbers is radiacally softer. 

I am yet to test the grip when pushed hard on demanding surfaces, but the Wilbers first impression was promising. Remember the Nitron was a bit harsh for a few miles, then softened.

Bjørge

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:18 am

Was to test the new Wilbers shock yesterday - but found a pint in my hand and too soon realised it spoiled a test run  :lol:

I now have a new Wilbers on the niner and a Nitron Sport on the MkI, and they give a surprisingly different riding experience; the Wilbers is radiacally softer. 

I am yet to test the grip when pushed hard on demanding surfaces, but the Wilbers first impression was promising. Remember the Nitron was a bit harsh for a few miles, then softened.

were they bought 'off the shelf' or did you specify a shock by providing your body weight, riding style, pillion and luggage etc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users