#21 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 January 2024 - 11:29 pm

Beverley! We are just down the road. Call when down if u like.

:good:

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#22 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,759 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 January 2024 - 10:12 am

Pete, I've Just booked ferry to Rotterdam for a week in Germany in May,

ferry outward on the 11th, I'll keep an eye for ya  :rotflmmfao:

Steve, gonna have to buy you some Lederhosen if you keep visiting the Fatherland  :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#23 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 January 2024 - 11:43 am

Steve, gonna have to buy you some Lederhosen if you keep visiting the Fatherland  :lol:

Funny you should say that, had my eye on a new pair of these, not a clue what happened to the last ones  :rotflmmfao:

Attached Files

#24 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 January 2024 - 02:51 pm

Funny you should say that, had my eye on a new pair of these, not a clue what happened to the last ones  :rotflmmfao:

Ooh err missus.

#25 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 22 January 2024 - 04:09 pm

Jiff WTF have you started! :huh:

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#26 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 January 2024 - 05:42 pm

I think this answers his question though. (⁠✷⁠‿⁠✷⁠)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#27 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 January 2024 - 06:28 pm

The vitality of this single topic must emphatically prove that this site has not "lost track" of it's reason to exist. I think the perceived problem of a lack of dynamism just reflects the maturity of its audience. We don't a need a site full of froth and vacuous content, like Facebook for instance, so we don't post it, thus periods of quiet on the site.

#28 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 January 2024 - 07:15 pm

Similar topic being discussed on another forum I visit.
The youngsters ain't like us elders and the TDMs have an old mans title so unlikely to gain any posters from that generation and we're getting thinner in numbers.
I don't mine it being quiet as I can do a catch up a couple of times a day.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#29 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 22 January 2024 - 07:55 pm

Still here too. I’ve just serviced my 900 and it’s ready to go! But, I’ve no plans for 2024 yet, other than a long weekend in Scotland in April.  :good:

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#30 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 22 January 2024 - 10:27 pm

I am still here even though I don't ride anymore. Lots to read about those who do.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#31 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 23 January 2024 - 08:21 am

Looks like I'll have to change the colour of my outfit if you're getting that colour...wouldn't like fur flying on the ferry!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#32 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 11:45 am

Rather suits you mucka  :lol:  :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#33 TDrummer

TDrummer

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 12:54 pm

When you invest that much money in a 22-year-old (now 32-year-old) 92 TDM 850, rebuilding the motor, brakes, suspension, seat (full mechanical restoration and modification), you can really enjoy it like it was a new model. 200+ miles/day riding to the mountains of New Hampshire and back. I get very attached to it. Fakebook has siphoned off readers of forums like this (as it has with the KLR650.net forum), sad to say. Long Live Carpe TDM and my TDM.

#34 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 01:16 pm

Some of us old gits just won't do faceache or the like, that's the beauty of forums like this.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#35 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 January 2024 - 02:33 pm

+1

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#36 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 03:32 pm

The sportin' bit is a rip off though, only 4 years for a fiver! :rotflmmfao:

#37 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 05:48 pm

Mine's currently gathering dust in the garage with the battery out.  Moved job/house/country a while back and it spent the whole of lockdown sat in the work bike park as I didn't have anywhere to keep it, now I have garage space again but fucked my back up last year so didn't use it.  Must make an effort to get on it this year!

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#38 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 23 January 2024 - 07:37 pm

Still here, although a lot less than I used to be. Life, old age, dementia, work..........non of these are the reason why :D

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#39 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 January 2024 - 11:41 pm

Still here, although a lot less than I used to be. Life, old age, dementia, work..........non of these are the reason why :D

Ok you got us now and you gotta spill the beans - what are the reasons why? 

#40 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 January 2024 - 10:42 am

Basically I just don't use my lappy much these days and me and my mobile phone tend to disagree on how tech is meant to work.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users