• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jangus

Jangus

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:57 pm

I'm thinking of fitting a centre stand to my 900. Any advice? Pros,Cons?

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,745 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:16 pm

Bent mine on the 9r and never replaced, bit of a pain to lift on em and i aint no beanpole....dont like em on the 9r.. others do.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:17 pm

I've had two 900s. On the first one I bought one of these after market jobbies second hand off e.bay.......

https://www.ebay.co....2sAAOSw2hxcCNQw

It was a piece of cake to fit, but the only snag was that the pipes and cans that were fitted (Carbon Can Company) didn't have a bump stopper on them. So every time you took the bike off the centre stand it smacked the pipes, and despite all my efforts I never quite found a decent solution, and I don't know any welders.

My second 900 had a Yamaha own brand stand fitted when I bought it. I've since fitted Demon pipes from SP Engineering which came with said bump stopper built in.

The stands are easy to fit but I think (from memory) you have to first removed the down pipes.

Personally I wouldn't be without a centre stand, just makes life so much easier for oiling the chain, changing tyres, checking wheel alignment, parking up etc etc.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,745 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 23 June 2019 - 03:32 pm

You can fit with the downpipes on but it's extremely fiddly, i think loosening them at the manifold and underneath would give enough room, it's been awhile, certainly make life easier on the road, i had one of them doohickey things which you put under a back bobbin..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 tr7dan

tr7dan

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 116 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:00 pm

Looky...

http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=12147

#6 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 June 2019 - 07:24 pm

I've got one on my 9'er, fitted myself. It was fiddly to fit but I wouldn't be without it now.

If you have your bike lowered with longer dog legs the main stand can catch on the ground quite easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users