#81 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:24 pm

Let my existing policy lapse with CN
called up same day as 'new' punter, now with 3 yr ncd => £234 inc all usual bells'n'whistles

Why why why do we have to go through the bloody charade, why can't they just go "yup we want to keep your business, your quote is... (insert a decent ££ quote not stoopid % up from last year)"
instead of trying to bloody ar$erape us

cnut the lot of them ranting.gif

thus ends todays rant

Edited by jht, 17 June 2012 - 01:25 pm.

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#82 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:22 pm

Should add my recent experiance with CN after my off in France,,,

Was recovered very quickly and taken to the nearest garage per policy,,, offered to cover hotel costs for the night,, great i thought,, asked them to repatriate bike after it was decided the bike was not repairable up in the middle of bum fook nowwhere,, was told it was dependable on market value of bike if this would be possible,,, at this point i burst a bleedin blood vessel as CN push this aspect of thier insurance big time,,,, in fact it's prolly the deciding factor for the majority,,, however after calling the following morning it took till midday for them to decide they would in fact get her home,,, so well and good now satisfied the bike was taken care of i asked about alternative transport home,, no problem they said, that could be arranged but would mean i cover the cost of the previous nights hotel as cant have both, ( all according to policy)
Getting a car was a little problematic,, but given that it was August and still a very busy time i dont think they did too shabbily,,,the rescue centre people out of Lyon were very professional and polite at all times,, i also had to cover my own expenses back to my campground,, it seems car rental companies in France will not deliver,, you MUST collect ( if somebody knows contrary to this,, please let me know). The car categorie was also not correct, but a minor point i think,, they did live up to their promise and got the bike and myself home,, if i never had all my panniers and such i would simply of jumped on a flight back home..

Point to note though,,,, if your bike is over 10 years old be pretty damn sure they agree to repatriate,,, remember all calls are recorded,, better in writing,, or insure your bike to an agreed value with them,,, one that would definatley cover repatriation,,, this i am told by the chap who picked up my bike and delivered told me was in the region of approx £1000-£1500,, thats from Tignes in France,, obviously the further afield the more it costs..

All in all im happy,, the experiance while it's happening is somewhat unsettling,, but after a few bumps,, they lived up to their reputation,, but it's not a simplified as they make it out to be.....

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#83 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:36 am

Must admit, I've never had a problem with CN
Glad to hear you got sorted OK with them in the end Dablik.

In light of all the renegotiation issues, I was prepared for a drawn out argument, but my renewal quote has come through the letterbox this morning - and it's exactly the same as last year's !

£491 fully comp for all the bikes listed on my signature bit below .......so I think I'll renew - don't think I've got the time or the patience to go through all the bikes & mods over the phone with half a dozen other companies blink.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#84 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:11 pm

Woke up this morning to an email alert on my phone that my Ebike insurance had lapsed. Hmmm, I had in mind that it was the 14 not the 12 Oct it lapsed. Anyway proceeded to get a new quote which, surprise, surprise, was exactly the same as the renewal quote thus making their claim of giving 5% renewal discount total BS. Soooo, started to proceed with the new quote having logged in using my old policy number and pulled up another tab to check something on their website when I noticed that there were £20 vouchers available so I selected the voucher but could not use it with my old policy number. Closed the window to finish quote later. Later comes and I go to the Ebike website and there's no mention of a £20 anywhere I looked :huh:. So I looked for it in Firefox history, opened it and finished the quote and the got the £20 discount on a new quote.

I had contacted Ebike earlier in the week by email to ask them to lower the quote or I'd leave, (which was up by £10 from the previous year) but did not hear back from them. It seems they're happy to lose loyal existing policy holders by increasing premiums in order to gain new ones by with voucher discounts. Go figure, as the Yanks say.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#85 Rickystyx

Rickystyx

sticking around

• 37 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:05 pm

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone as I'm new here and to ask if anyone had come across the insurance extra Carol Nash are selling - I had my old bike insured with them and just swapped to the TDM, since the topic of excess came up they told me about this little add on £22.50ish to cover any excess you have to pay on a claim regardless of the amount. Now it strikes me that you could increase your excess and reduce your premium considerably and simply cover the excess using the £22.50 extra!

Am I missing something here?

Ric

TDM 850 1993 bought it on Valentines day - must have something to do with why I've fallen for it!

So glad I didn't buy that Pan Euro!

She's tidy, a head turner and a really nice ride but she does suffer from wind noise!

Must be a female!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users