Photo
- - - - -

Light' Ish Weight Tent You Can Stand Up In.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:23 pm

I just got one of these Luxe Megahorn II tents, you can stand up in it and its around 4kg very well made not sure I'd want a wood stove in one though.

These folks sell them, very quick delivery.

http://www.backpacki.../product583.asp

Edited by leehenty, 04 December 2012 - 08:33 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 pm

That looks nice and spacious. And it's a good price too, if it stands up in all weathers. I've got a Golite Hex 3 that's I've had for a few years. It's very light (just over 1kg for the outer, about 2.2kg with the nest) and more than spacious enough for me. I can move around rather than crawl around. I had a yellow one that leaked around the seams, so I sent it back and got a green one that's been reliable and not leaked at all. The one pole design is also simple and quick to put up.

Here's a pic of me yellow one.

Posted Image

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:09 pm

A nice video of this tent on YT. It's clearly got tons of space, is fairly easy to put up and isn't that bulky when packed. Nice buy. Hmmm, I wonder.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#4 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:53 pm

I'll let you know the results how I get on.
1st test will be Lake District in March, hone the kit and then sort out the plan of attack for France / alps in spring and summer.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#5 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:59 pm

Posted Image

Stu

#6 Dannyboy

Dannyboy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:47 pm

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZfjWkpnM4c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mk1' R1 gold spot front calipers • HH sintered front pads • FJR1300 front master cylinder • K&N air filter • Factory Pro emulsion tubes • Oxford heated grips • Mirror extenders • KTM handguards • Baglux tank cover and bag. 12v auxiliary socket • Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust system • Engine guards • Chrome radiator guard • Renthal bars • Touring screen. Optimate and Oil pressure switch/light mod (Leehenty special!) to be fitted. Tom Tom rider V2 europe. GoPro HD Hero. Fenda extender.
Triumph Tiger 955i with stuff added.

#7 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:02 pm

Nordkapp Tipi, with groundsheet, sleeps up to 8. http://www.louis.de/...tnr_gr=10002416

Nearly big enough for Cats and his cleaning gear.

#8 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:25 pm

Why do you need to stand up? Tents are for sleeping in, not living in. Posted Image
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#9 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:36 pm

Anyone got the pic of Marquee Mark in Castlegregory 2008 with his bike garaged in his tent?

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#10 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:45 pm

Why do you need to stand up? Tents are for sleeping in, not living in. Posted Image

If you've ever been holed up in the pouring rain for days, needed to hang up soggy garments or to cook out of the wind and rain, you'd appreciate the space of a spacious tent.

#11 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:19 pm

If you've ever been holed up in the pouring rain for days, needed to hang up soggy garments or to cook out of the wind and rain, you'd appreciate the space of a spacious tent.

Here in UK that's most of the time lately. :) Packed size is important the big tipi mentioned above is 12.5kg,
I did think of the Redverz expedition tent to park my bike in, but they are expensive and prone to breaking poles by all accounts.

#12 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 pm

I just don't know what to make of this forum anymore :waiting: . Eleven posts and nobody has mentioned how easy erection will be with a name like 'Megahorn'? :rotflmmfao:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#13 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:30 pm

I just don't know what to make of this forum anymore :waiting: . Eleven posts and nobody has mentioned how easy erection will be with a name like 'Megahorn'? :rotflmmfao:

Yeah, go figure. Everyone knows you can't get an impressive tent up without easy erection.
Everyone wants a big tent... My tent is bigger than yours, my pole is bigger than yours...
Bunch of size-queens.

:lol:
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#14 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:31 pm

I've only got a small tent :sorry:

Edited by DazzerB, 05 December 2012 - 12:32 pm.

#15 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:49 pm

I've only got a small tent :sorry:

There are remedies, check your spam folders ;)

#16 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:32 pm

I think this was Martin's at IoM last year and seemed to offer lots of space...

Posted Image

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#17 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:15 pm

I think this was Martin's at IoM last year and seemed to offer lots of space...

Posted Image

Pete

Is that a kitchen sink I can see in the background :P

#18 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:07 pm

I haven't told swmbo what the tent is called...... don't want her getting any silly ideas...

Edited by leehenty, 05 December 2012 - 09:09 pm.

#19 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 pm

My favourite tent was called the Ultimate Tramp. She served me well for 22 years before finally expiring after a wild night in the cairngorms :P

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:49 pm

My favourite tent was called the Ultimate Tramp. She served me well for 22 years before finally expiring after a wild night in the cairngorms :P

Dapleb is going to love that !

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users