• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 reckless

reckless

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 59 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:36 pm

recently I took out an AA member ship purchased in store a a branch of morrisons, the guy in store said he could do break down and relay for £100 plus within a few weeks I would get a boots £20 voucher posted out to me. Now I have patiently waited until it got to the point where I contacted the AA to ask about the voucher offer, their reply was that they dont know of any offer that included a boots voucher, so be warned, dont take an instore reps word that the deal he is offering you exists. I have replied to the AA telling them that I will be posting this on all the forums that I am a member of.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#2 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:58 pm

wow thats awfull they ought to make good at the end of the day your contract is with them not the monkey working in store i bet a few of them are doing that shame on them.

#3 reckless

reckless

• 59 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:13 pm

the chap I dealt with worked for the AA, but checking the order form it seems he has not filled in anything that can be traced back to him such as his staff or agent number, there is no offer code orvenue code either on the form, but who would expect to be conned by the AA.

#4 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:11 pm

It won't be too difficult for the AA to check who signed you up, I'd push it a but harder if you can. I'd think they'd be interested in any employee signing up new members under false pretences, after all it will be counter productive for them in the long run.

Sadly though I doubt they'll make good any promises this person made, or else they leave themselves open to everyone wanting vouchers etc!
Signature test

#5 reckless

reckless

• 59 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:58 pm

its only really here as a warning not to believe all they offer and maybe put one or two people off joining the AA, BY THE WAY, PREVIOUSLY I HAD BEEN A CONTINUOUS MEMBER FOR 34 YEARS, the last renewal for the same cover was£136 which was with 15% discount

#6 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:59 pm

Is this misrepresentation of the goods by a representative of the aa and their responsibility to make good? Try CAB.

#7 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:38 pm

.......only partially relevant, but each year for the last five or six, our AA annual renewal documents have arrived exactly on cue with total fees quoted which are ALWAYS greatly in excess of what is quoted, on-line and elsewhere, for 'new members'.........
Every year I 'phone Member Services, who refer me to 'sales' who don't bat an eye, and offer me a 40% discount on the quoted renewal
fees......which equates to the 'new member' numbers......

....believe its called 'inertia selling'..............Jiff

#8 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:59 pm

.......only partially relevant, but each year for the last five or six, our AA annual renewal documents have arrived exactly on cue with total fees quoted which are ALWAYS greatly in excess of what is quoted, on-line and elsewhere, for 'new members'.........
Every year I 'phone Member Services, who refer me to 'sales' who don't bat an eye, and offer me a 40% discount on the quoted renewal
fees......which equates to the 'new member' numbers......

....believe its called 'inertia selling'..............Jiff

Same here.
Roadside/Relay on the net every year.
You do nothing and pay through the nose or you get your rightful dues and you save some money.
Um.............
No you don't! You Sir, are a mug! (Me too, BTW)
It sounds sexier if you call it "Bait and Switch".

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 02 January 2013 - 09:02 pm.

#9 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:17 pm

Same as yous twos....every year. They put me on hold for a coupla minutes last year or the year before so they could consult with their manager.....hahaha yeah that was a variation on the non eye lid batting....must we do this EVERY year.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#10 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:42 pm

The RAC did it to me many years ago about £20 to join and then order of magnitude dearer on renual.

#11 apw99

apw99

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 pm

Reckless, what I tend to do when I get really wound up by bad service etc is by-pass all of the complaints procedures. Get on the web and find out the name of the managing director of the AA. Write a letter on paper and post ot registered post to the company. If your complaint is rational and justifiable you will get satisfaction. It has worked for me on the several occasions that I was really wound up. Then you can de-stress and move on :good: It's only £20 but you are right, they scammed you and should not be allowed to walk away.
Good luck - APW

Have you ever lent someone 20 quid and never seen it again? It was probably worth it.

Long Loved TDM is no longer with me...

#12 reckless

reckless

• 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 pm

• thanks for the replys and advice, I know £20 isn't even a night out these days although it will pay for my petrol to and from work for a week, I am only disgruntalled by being quoted that offer and then later when they have my money not remembering any such deal. On another forun where I posted this same thread I have had a reply from someone at the AA wanting me to contact them as they " think they can help me", I'll keep you posted on that.

#13 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:51 pm

I had an issue with the AA about 15 years or so ago, via the advanced mortoring there was a 25% discount when you renewed or took out new cover with the AA, I enquired about the discount on my renewal and they told me they would give me home start instead, but I didn't need home start as I live on a hill. they would not give me the 25% discount. reported this to the Advanced motorist, they had a few other complaints from members.

Long story short, the AA suspended me for 3 months without cover while I thought the offer over. So I have not been a member since this issue.

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#14 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:45 pm

Took "special offer" and joined Oct '11. €5.75 a month(I think). OK.
Last September Iwas informed that my direct debit was more than doubling and there would be an additional €25 admin fee.
I refuse absolutely to pay any kind of additional fee no matter what it is called.
Phone call was rather intense( no name -calling, swearing or shouting), admin was dropped about second minute.
No more AA at that price, nearly what I'm paying for Fully Comp.

#15 reckless

reckless

• 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:55 am

On another forum I have posted this same item and have recieved a post from the AA asking me to contact them at chat@theaa.com, I have done this and recieved back a delivery delay message, my message will get there just not yet, and please don't resend the message, don't know what to read into that.

#16 reckless

reckless

• 59 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:49 pm

Today I have recieved a letter and in it they say they will refund 50% of the membership fee so that will be a refund of £50, all thanks to the people who read this and posted, so to all out there I say Thank you.
The sqeaky wheel gets the grease I suppose

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:14 pm

Makes you wonder how many other wheels rolled past afore one squeaked.

Glad you got a happy outcome.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users