#1 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:29 pm

I thought I would price up a set of genuine yamaha mild steel zinc plated wheel spacers for a niner which they must knock out on a cnc for pence, to see how they compared to the 316 stainless ones I make up for the lads on here.

After picking myself off the floor.... :blink:

How does £78.49 delivered sound ? Someone is having a complete larf at the british biker.

A pdf of the AJsuttons shopping cart is attached.

Edited by leehenty, 03 April 2013 - 10:45 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 simoncharlesbarker

simoncharlesbarker

arrived on last train

• 9 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:33 pm

Wheel spacers seventy plus quid is robbery don't do it

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:41 pm

How they can justify such a high price for a En1A soft mild steel reasonably simple spacer, is beyond me.

CNC should make these less than 50p to make, ok allow 100% profit call it £1, so in a dealer £2.

Edited by leehenty, 03 April 2013 - 10:49 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:51 pm

Sounds about on par with the rest of the OEM parts.  Such as £70 for OEM bearings...which are actually just £20 Koyo wans.  Just been looking at the £111 side stand that has been on ebay forever.

And a temp sensor for old skoo mkI about £50.  And.... And.....endless list.  You would think it would get less shocking but I still manage to underestimate the ludicrous prices every time.

The rear brake cyl rebuild kit is the only OEM part I have ever bought that was less than I had expected...and that was on the expectation of being fleeced.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:57 pm

Stuff 'em :putemup:  we'll make our own parts if at all possible.

#6 timoc

timoc

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:07 am

How about £160 for the black plastic part that fits around the 900 clocks and fairing :rotflmmfao:

No more a TDM owner :sorry: moved on to the Tracer :)

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:05 am

Anyone priced a drivechain ? £350 and twentysevenpeeee.  :pimp:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:33 pm

How about £160 for the black plastic part that fits around the 900 clocks and fairing :rotflmmfao:

Yeah, it must cost a tiny fraction of that to manufacture, but since they've got all the molds plastic is a nice little earner for Yamaha. I need about £700 worth but it's not gonna happen.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#9 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:22 pm

I still cant believe I paid £47 for a radiator cap...........................

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#10 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:45 pm

I thought I would price up a set of genuine yamaha mild steel zinc plated wheel spacers for a niner which they must knock out on a cnc for pence, to see how they compared to the 316 stainless ones I make up for the lads on here.

Oh! Stainless steel wheel spacers Mmmmmmmm Shiney!!!!!

I may just have to buy a set next pay day seeing they are such a bargain.

TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#11 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:16 pm

I thought stainless was fairly expensive per the 40mm bar, but at yamaha prices, they must be using very special steel.

No wonder insurance companies just write off bikes with very little damage.

#12 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:51 am

Shame Lee dont make em in SS eh  :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#13 Pantboy

Pantboy

850 going for 900

• 890 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:23 pm

How about £3.74 for an R clip to go on the front brake caliper pad retaining pin!

#14 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:12 am

How about £3.74 for an R clip to go on the front brake caliper pad retaining pin!

Shheesh, I buy 50 at a time for that sort of money.

#15 Tdmtom

Tdmtom

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:38 am

Hi Leehenty, I see you have a  Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. I was thinking of getting one are they comfortable for long trips?

#16 chill

chill

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:40 am

Some thing is wrong I got a Yamy radiator cap for about $16oz 6 months ago !!!!!

#17 scrumpymike

scrumpymike

really likes Carpe

• 85 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:46 pm

Just ordered a centre stand from Yam dealer for £180. SW Motech was cheaper (between £125 and £150 depending on supplier) but my dealer offered to fit it FOC and the steel pad you stand on looks more comfortable shape/size than on the aftermarket stands. Compared with the other Yam prices quoted in this topic, an absolute bargain!!

#18 nakeddivy

nakeddivy

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 61 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:07 pm

Priced a cam chain tensioner for my 900 today from Yamaha at £123, fowlers are £1 cheaper, is it my imagination or have these suddenly shot up in price? I was under the impression they were around £85.  Seems like we get ripped off yet again, lots of websites in the states (where the 900 was never sold I believe) listing them as available for well under $100.

#19 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:27 pm

Boats.net may be the cheapest option, believe others have used them without problems only problem is import duty, maybe??

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:44 pm

Import duty and if it is sent by oubt other than USPS will bump the price up to the same/beyond prices ear.........signed from the mug who has to git merkin car parts.

The cam chain tensioners have been that for a while but I am also sure they were a shed load cheaper 5+ years ago. 

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users