15 replies to this topic

#1 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:33 pm

I bought some E22 panniers from an Italy dealer and one of the Z125 mount mushrooms fractured when fitting. Got hold of the guys in Italy and they have to talk to Givi direct when their offices open on the 7th; so I emailed Givi UK with pictures and a polite email requesting if they can post a couple out as a "good will gesture".

They've completely washed their hands of it and told me to buy some from my local dealer..... Very disappointed in the support from Givi UK. These are being sold as a pair on eBay for £7 delivered so for a manufacture its next to nothing with their margin taken off..

I work as an account manger for a Dutch boiler manufacture here in the UK and if I treated my customers this way for a poxy £7 item (list price) I'd be hung out to dry by my directors.

I'd think again in going for a Givi product next time!

2003 TDM900 in Galaxy Blue with 32k on the clock

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Oxford Heated Grips, Polisport Handguards, RM-G Crash bars & Centre Stand, Givi
Touring & Double Bubble Screens, Bar Risers, Renthal 755 Riser Bars,
Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:02 pm

It would prolly be different if ewe had bought from a UK dealer as they prolly have no direct dealings with whoever you got em from and therefore dont want to inherit "their" problem.

Did wonder if its a separate company/franchise type thing but found this http://www.givi.co.u...vi-in-the-world

The bits in bold might not be exactly what you are experiencing!!!

G'luck LS. OI stink yer best chance is with the Italian dudes who supplied em.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:07 pm

It would prolly be different if ewe had bought from a UK dealer as they prolly have no direct dealings with whoever you got em from and therefore dont want to inherit "their" problem.
Did wonder if its a separate company/franchise type thing but found this http://www.givi.co.u...vi-in-the-world
The bits in bold might not be exactly what you are experiencing!!!
G'luck LS. OI stink yer best chance is with the Italian dudes who supplied em.

deleb, Givi UK never even asked where I got them from they just send this reply back... Not even a name on the signature ?

To be fair the Italian supplier are looking into it and have to wait till the 7th for Givi Italy to open, just a bit miffed on the response from the UK side of the business.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email, Z125 you can purchase these from your local Givi supplier.
Please put in your postcode in distribution to find your local dealer.

http://www.givi.co.uk/Distribution

Thank you.

Edited by Latestarter, 05 January 2016 - 04:10 pm.

Scottolier, TDM Gel Saddle, Blue HEL Brake Line Upgrade Feeding Blue Spot Callipers. Air Intake Mod,

Givi E22N Panniers & Top Box, Clear Indicator Lens Conversation, Clear LED Rear Light Conversion, Mirror Extenders, TDM Stainless Radiator Cover and Stainless Screen Screws, SP Performance Carbon Tri-Oval Cans,
HID Headlight Upgrade, DRL Spotlights and Still Spending But Dont Tell The Wife!!

#4 Riva

Riva

seems to like Carpe

• 41 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:26 pm

Try a letter to Headquarters boh in English and Italian (Google translate.

GIVI S.r.l. HEADQUARTER
Via S.Quasimodo, 45 25020 Flero (BS) - ITALY
info@givi.it

Better to arrive late than be dead on time  :rolleyes:

#5 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:09 pm

what boiler manufacturer then?

just being nosey loike  :rotflmmfao:

Edited by ramo, 05 January 2016 - 06:11 pm.

#6 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:39 pm

what boiler manufacturer then?

just being nosey loike  :rotflmmfao:

Why ask ramo, and who do you think it is?

:yeahbaby:

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:59 am

Cos he's a boilerer fixerer  :)

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:22 pm

only asked loike,

if its secret mums the word,

just want to know what the Dutch are importing into country,

(bit of homework really, as I work for SOCA  :D )

#9 PeteMK

PeteMK

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:10 pm

Must admit I found Givi UK to be very helpful! I wanted a pair of Trekker panniers, but needed to check what the sizes were like, and no local dealer stocked them. I called their HQ and asked if I could call in and see some - which they readily agreed too. When I arrived, they went to the stores and opened up two brand new boxes for me. I decided on one of each (asymmetric mounting on airhead Beemer): they would not supply me as I was not trade - but gave me address of local dealer, two miles away. Went there and paid for them, then returned to warehouse and took them away. And the dealer gave me £50 discount without being asked.

#10 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:20 pm

Had a reply back from Givi, Italy today and they referred me back to their UK side of the business?

It looks like I'm going to have to buy a couple to get any use out of a brand new set of £200 panniers.... Still that's the last Givi item I'll ever buy!

Dear customer,
we thank you for your interest and for contacting us, in order to receive information and assistance we recommend you to contact our filial:
GIVI UK Ltd.
Unit 4 Royal oak Court.
NN118PQ Industr. Estate Daventry UK
Phone number: + 44 1327 706 220
Mail address: info@givi.co.uk

We remain at your disposal for any further information
Best regards
GIVI srl

Edited by Latestarter, 07 January 2016 - 05:20 pm.

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:37 pm

Give 'em a ring, nowt to lose eh. :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:29 pm

Give 'em a ring, nowt to lose eh. :)

Done that and spoke a very nice lady called Kerry, she confirmed like PeteMK that they done sell direct to the public and directed me to a dealer to buy a replacement. When I reiterated that the new part failed when fitted she said "sorry can't help"!

Thought of ringing the HQ in Italy but my Italian is poor to non existence and its got to the stage where I just as well buy a couple and resign to the fact Givi is a poor company to deal with from my experience.

Edited by Latestarter, 07 January 2016 - 06:29 pm.

#13 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:11 pm

Latestarter

put it behind ya and enjoy the panniers,

I bought exactly the  same kit from Italy 2 + years ago (just right size as you say)

I over tightened one of the same spacers, split it and had to buy a pair,

I was equally pissed off, but eh, it happens  :dunno:

\but if I recall right, someone did say they were going to try and make some stainless ones as think he had an issue

Leeeee    :rotflmmfao:

#14 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:46 pm

Latestarter

put it behind ya and enjoy the panniers,

I bought exactly the  same kit from Italy 2 + years ago (just right size as you say)

I over tightened one of the same spacers, split it and had to buy a pair,

I was equally pissed off, but eh, it happens  :dunno:

\but if I recall right, someone did say they were going to try and make some stainless ones as think he had an issue

Leeeee    :rotflmmfao:

Best advice so far ramo :good:

#15 Gasman

Gasman

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:31 pm

You've probably spent more than £7 in stationary postage and phone calls. I know what it's like to stand by your principles but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give up.

#16 Latestarter

Latestarter

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:57 pm

You've probably spent more than £7 in stationary postage and phone calls. I know what it's like to stand by your principles but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and give up.

:good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users