#1 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:28 pm

Left for work at 5.50am.

Over 1st roundabout (just around the corner).

Short straight to 2nd roundabout, slowing down & out pops this twist & go at full tilt, only, he ignores the roundabout, so is on my side of the road.

Stand on brakes, rider also brakes heavily & sticks feet down to assist scrubbing off speed. Just manage to avoid each other.

I expect to see a youngster, but was surprised as the face that glanced at me was that of bloke late thirties to early forties.

If I hadn't had a couple of near misses over the past few years by drivers not expecting anything approaching the roundabouts, & had not been slowing down just in case, we would definitely had a coming together.

Will he learn from this lucky escape today. I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again.

Changed boxers when I got home. :unsure2:

Edited by RolfieB, 16 January 2014 - 08:29 pm.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#2 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:36 pm

Ooer missus. What happened to that then. Good job I copied it.

Left for work at 5.50am.

Over 1st roundabout (just around the corner).

Short straight to 2nd roundabout, slowing down & out pops this twist & go at full tilt, only, he ignores the roundabout, so is on my side of the road.

Stand on brakes, rider also brakes heavily & sticks feet down to assist scrubbing off speed, & probably bracing for impact.

Just manage to avoid each other.

I expect to see a youngster, but was surprised as the face that glanced at me was that of bloke late thirties to early forties.

If I hadn't had a couple of near misses over the past few years by drivers not expecting anything approaching the roundabouts, & had not been slowing down just in case, we would definitely had a coming together.

Will he learn from this lucky escape today. I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he does it again.

All within 1/4 mile of home.

Changed boxers when I got home.  :unsure2:

Ah! I see.

Someone please feel free to delete first post.

Thanking thee.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#3 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,745 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:40 pm

Thank fook you missed him Rolfie, mayhaps he was still asleep at that ungodly hour, sleepscooterin..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:11 pm

Ah! I see.  Hmmmmm wonder what that means ?  Could it possibly mean you posted up in the wrong section, then couldn't find the post as Admin had moved it to the correct section ? :lol:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#5 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:31 am

Ah! I see.  Hmmmmm wonder what that means ?  Could it possibly mean you posted up in the wrong section, then couldn't find the post as Admin had moved it to the correct section ? :lol:  

Sounds about right to me.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

#6 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:08 pm

Thank fook you missed him Rolfie, mayhaps he was still asleep at that ungodly hour, sleepscooterin..

Any chance the poor chap was Polish and had forgotten where he was!!? 

As you do. (occasionally)  :blush2:

That was a bit unfair as he could have been from anywhere.

ew72.jpg

Edited by TYREDNGRUMPEE, 17 January 2014 - 03:33 pm.

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:20 pm

Roamerainian perhaps ? :P

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:22 pm

Roamerainian perhaps ? :P

Definitely Roam'in summthing 'fer shure.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users