#1 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:25 am

you can share the files from a bucketofphotos.com like site or email to me and i'll host them

please state where you got the map from
what your setup is :
cans (open/race/brand etc)
co2 settings
any air filter changes
airbox mod done
dyno chart (if you have one)

and any other comments you'd like to make

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:32 am

Tony, mine are on their way to you in an email.

Edited by Sparra, 11 June 2008 - 01:33 am.

2002 TDM900. BMW 1150gs handguards, Oxford heated grips, Staintune exhausts, airbox mod, re-moulded seat, bar risers, Powerlec adaptor, bluetooth, 2way comms, K & N filter, Nonfango hard luggage, center stand, polished alloy wheels, (I'm not gunna)crash knobs

#3 Guest_Johnno_*

Guest_Johnno_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:33 am

QUOTE(Sparra @ Wed 11th Jun 2008, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony, mine are on their way to you in an email.

I have put Sparra's map on my bike and can say it's a great map for the staintune pipes.
I have tried with and without DB killers and it runs great. yahoo.gif good.gif clapping.gif
Thanks for sharing this map Sparra

#4 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 16 June 2008 - 12:59 pm

QUOTE(Johnno @ Sun 15th Jun 2008, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have put Sparra's map on my bike and can say it's a great map for the staintune pipes.
I have tried with and without DB killers and it runs great. yahoo.gif good.gif clapping.gif

I had booked time for the Dyno today, but when I got there they told me that the Dyno bench was broken... huh.gif
Well, no AJ TDM on the Dyno today... maybe later...
As soon it's done I'll share the maps.
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#5 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:12 am

QUOTE(Johnno @ Sun 15th Jun 2008, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Johnno, glad to hear it worked for you. Do you have your O2 sensor connected or not?
2002 TDM900. BMW 1150gs handguards, Oxford heated grips, Staintune exhausts, airbox mod, re-moulded seat, bar risers, Powerlec adaptor, bluetooth, 2way comms, K & N filter, Nonfango hard luggage, center stand, polished alloy wheels, (I'm not gunna)crash knobs

#6 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:33 pm

Well, I never heard anything from the garage who was supposed to run my bike on their dyno bench.
I booked a time to do this, but when I got there they told me that they couldn't do the job because the equipment was out of order.
Ok, so I agreed with them that they should get in touch with me as soon as the dyno bench was fixed.
Never heard anything, never got an answer to my email from the shop. So I gave a damn and decided to take the matter in my own hands instead of using money on a shop that seems to give a shit about their customers…

What I did was this; I loaded two PC maps in the Powercommander software in 'Compare Map' mode (Tools | Compare Maps) and made a new map using the average value of the two maps I loaded.
And the maps I used to make the new one are these two:

PC_Map_1.jpg

PC_Map_2.jpg

The result:

PC_Map_3.jpg (emailed to TonyDevil).

I use this map on my TDM with fitted Laser Duo-Tech cans race inserts and airbox mod and CO sensor disconnected.
And it works like a charm!

I big thank you! to hallrob1 (Robin) for sharing the 'Laser Duo Tech slip ons, road legal inserts O2 sensor disconnected Airbox mod HM Racing Custom Map 01689 856595
hmracing.co.uk' map!

Don't ask if the bike uses more or less fuel after I started to use the 'new' map. I haven't checked…

TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#7 robgosty

robgosty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:50 pm

Hi AJ, did your map allow smooth riding at small throttle openings up to 3000 rev, been running Dandys map but changed to Sparras to check difference, Dandys map is a lot smoother at lower revs but Sparras map seems to give more grunt when giving it a handful, my bike is running Arrow cans, no baffles, K&N filter, o2 disconnected, any chance of mailing me your map so i can give it a go ?
Rob

Yamaha XV 1000
Kawasaki GPZ 750
Honda CBR 1000F
Yamaha XV1100 Virago
Yamaha Yellow TDM 900
Suzuki Hayabusa

Current
2000 Yamaha XJR 1300

#8 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:52 pm

QUOTE(robgosty @ Sun 20th Jul 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi AJ, did your map allow smooth riding at small throttle openings up to 3000 rev, been running Dandys map but changed to Sparras to check difference, Dandys map is a lot smoother at lower revs but Sparras map seems to give more grunt when giving it a handful, my bike is running Arrow cans, no baffles, K&N filter, o2 disconnected, any chance of mailing me your map so i can give it a go ?
Rob

You've got mail! tongue.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#9 robgosty

robgosty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:35 pm

Cheers bud
Yamaha XV 1000
Kawasaki GPZ 750
Honda CBR 1000F
Yamaha XV1100 Virago
Yamaha Yellow TDM 900
Suzuki Hayabusa

Current
2000 Yamaha XJR 1300

#10 robgosty

robgosty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:40 pm

Hi all, here are three maps for collection, hope no one minds me sharing these as only one is my creation wub.gif

http://robgosty.diin...ttsdandymap.djm (Tuned tdm map, on PC3 when i got it))
http://robgosty.diin...es/Robs map.djm (as above but modified 3000 rev & below)
http://robgosty.diin...Sparras map.djm (found this one a little jerky at low revs)

Hope it helps

Yamaha XV 1000
Kawasaki GPZ 750
Honda CBR 1000F
Yamaha XV1100 Virago
Yamaha Yellow TDM 900
Suzuki Hayabusa

Current
2000 Yamaha XJR 1300

#11 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:31 am

QUOTE(robgosty @ Mon 28th Jul 2008, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, here are three maps for collection, hope no one minds me sharing these as only one is my creation wub.gif

No probs from me.
Sparra (Greg)

#12 Sparra

Sparra

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:12 am

QUOTE(Sparra @ Mon 28th Jul 2008, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No probs from me.
Sparra (Greg)

I finally got around to creating a map from Robs and mine. I have copied Robs up to 3000 rpm and mine from there up. It gives good low speed control but still the power up top. If anyone wants to try it here it is.

#13 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:34 am

ya gotta link to it please Greg ?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 Guest_Catteeclan_*

Guest_Catteeclan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:07 pm

QUOTE(Sparra @ Thu 16th Apr 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally got around to creating a map from Robs and mine. I have copied Robs up to 3000 rpm and mine from there up. It gives good low speed control but still the power up top. If anyone wants to try it here it is.

Please. But where?

#15 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:34 pm

QUOTE(Catteeclan @ Thu 16th Apr 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please. But where?

Yeah... would love to try it, but there's no download link in your post... huh.gif
Feel free to PM it to me wink.gif

Thanks!
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#16 banksy

banksy

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:48 am

Power Commander - I've not been in on this from the start - has anyone fitted a Power Commander to a stock bike and if so what was the end result? Mine's an 07 model completely standard. I did the air box mod but didn't notice any outstanding improvement to the running and put it back again! What would a Power Commander do for me?

#17 AussieTeeDeeMmm

AussieTeeDeeMmm

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:50 pm

Does leaving the O2 sensors disconnected mean that you will have an engine check light on or does this not happen on the TDM, also on some car FI systems an O2 sensor being out and setting a fault code would also mean reduced power as they go into limp home mode???

Cheers Rick

Just recieved my PC3 USB yesterday just have to find time to fit it!

#18 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:51 pm

Nah - its too crude - only shows up if you interogate the ECU for fault codes, apart from that it's fine

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#19 AussieTeeDeeMmm

AussieTeeDeeMmm

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 56 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:44 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Wed 29th Apr 2009, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah - its too crude - only shows up if you interogate the ECU for fault codes, apart from that it's fine

Ta thanks for that, now to decide which map to try? 2003 air box mod,DNA filter, and opened and rebaffled stock cans till my Remus arrive hopefully next week.

Cheers Rick

#20 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:41 am

QUOTE(banksy @ Mon 27th Apr 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Power Commander - I've not been in on this from the start - has anyone fitted a Power Commander to a stock bike and if so what was the end result? Mine's an 07 model completely standard. I did the air box mod but didn't notice any outstanding improvement to the running and put it back again! What would a Power Commander do for me?

Bump!!!!

Power Commander on stock bike????

Anyone??????

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users