Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 October 2022 - 06:33 pm

Finally found out why I polish things 😁 🤪

The OCD Cycle
In order to understand why people polish motorcycles obsessively, its important to know the OCD cycle.

1. Obsession.
The obsession is an involuntary and intrusive thought or sensation. It triggers polishing behavior by bombarding the OCD sufferer with fears that a particular motorcycle somehow lacks a high dazzling shine and is therefore wrong.

2. Anxiety
The obsessive thoughts of a dull or dirty motorcycle leads to a build-up of unbearable anxiety.

3. Compulsive Behavior
In order to alleviate anxiety, the individual resorts to their compulsive cleaning and polishing rituals, often removing parts for better acccess.

4. Temporary Relief
Polishing brings relief from the obsessive fears. However, the relief is only temporary. Soon, obsessive thoughts of a dull or dirty motorcycle return and the cycle repeats again many times in a year.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 October 2022 - 09:46 pm

No, you are part magpie and like shiny stuff Lee, 

Edited by ramo, 29 October 2022 - 07:40 am.

#3 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 October 2022 - 09:07 am

do you want to think about my bike and come up here for no3

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 30 October 2022 - 07:23 am

do you want to think about my bike and come up here for no3

Mine too. My bike wishes I had some of those OCD polishing and cleaning traits!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 October 2022 - 07:44 pm

I just wish mine had shiny bits to polish. 

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,094 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 November 2022 - 04:09 pm

I've got plenty of 'treatment' opportunities down here thanks

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users