Photo

Masterbrewer Meets The Trough Of Bowland.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:48 pm

The rest of this trip will be undertaken with BMW Boxer twin pace machines showing the way  :lol:

As from 8.00am tomorrow morning, the Carpe contingent will be joining Sidestand Euro Tours for a rollercoaster mountain & gourmet trip  :badgerrock:

I am now no longer a euro trip virgin. :D  What an amazing trip, Picos, French Pyrenees, Spanish Pyrenees, Tautavel, French Alps and even nipped into the Italian alps for a coffee, hmmmm coffee. :lol:   Learnt a hell of a lot about riding, riding gear, prepping and doing big miles day after day thanks to Mick and Doddy. The roads were amazing, smooth as silk with virtually no traffic, then on to tiny mountain passes with zero traffic. Routes were also amazing thanks to Doddy grafting daily on the ipad plotting the following days rideout route :good:  I learnt how to use the satnav to work out the road ahead and using that info to help ride the twisty's and hairpins much better than I would have otherwise.

The company was stella and the trip wouldn't have been half as good without the likes of Mick, Cliff and Doddy providing the generous hospitality and experience, along with copious amounts of humour and piss taking. :badgerrock:  Will post up some photos and info in a noo topic when I get the chance.

Oh, and after 10yrs of abstinence, a big thanks to Mick and Doddy for making me an alcoholic. :lol:  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#42 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:23 pm

Yeah i saw Mick and Doddy with an arm each twisting them so far up ya back matey  :P  post more when you start a new thread.. good to hear everyone is home safely.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 October 2016 - 05:28 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:58 pm

Think you all got the rollercoaster , mountains, & gourmet bits  :good:

...........well, apart from the McDonalds in Varenne  :puke:

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#45 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:37 pm

Well guys, my amazing trip has ended and a big thank you to Sidey,  :good:  tour companions and fellow Carpedians' hospitality.  :clapping:

I'm back in the land of OZ with fantastic memories to last a lifetime, more than what can be said for the depression that set in following the tour being over.  :sorry:

Currently working on sharing the 47 gig (of 2 minute videos) I managed to take, so stay tuned.  :huh:

Cheers

MB

#46 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:05 am

Well guys, my amazing trip has ended and a big thank you to Sidey,  :good:  tour companions and fellow Carpedians' hospitality.  :clapping:

I'm back in the land of OZ with fantastic memories to last a lifetime, more than what can be said for the depression that set in following the tour being over.  :sorry:

Currently working on sharing the 47 gig (of 2 minute videos) I managed to take, so stay tuned.  :huh:

Cheers

MB

It was great to see you again Kym, glad you enjoyed yourself, had such a fantastic Euro tour and got back safely. I'll put aside a week to watch the videos when they get published. BTW, after exhaustive testing I've decided I prefer Marmite to Vegimite on my toast, but it's a close run thing  :good:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#47 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:07 am

............. BTW, after exhaustive testing I've decided I prefer Marmite to Vegimite on my toast, but it's a close run thing  :good:

:rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:  :rotflmmfao:

#48 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 10:11 pm

Ride report starts here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users