• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mikethebike

mikethebike

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:38 pm

Hi all..ive noticed lots of old tdm's with the blue spot r6/r1 callipers up front,,and i have them myself,,much better coating/finish/looks than the old kit and they feel good...but does anyone out there in tdm land know of an upgrade for the rear calliper ??  a modern yamaha one would be nice but all the ones ive looked at have totally different mounting points..Any ideas peeps ????????.

Regards.

Mikethebike.

ps,,,is it pronounced teedee,em....or tedium ?????????  :)

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:40 am

None that I'm aware of Mike.  It shares the caliper with some older FZR600's and the like but I don't recall any other model bike rear caliper being suitable.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:21 am

None that I'm aware of Mike.  It shares the caliper with some older FZR600's and the like but I don't recall any other model bike rear caliper being suitable.

The rear blue spot caliper of the 9er isn't that much of an improvement, anyways...wouldn't bother, actually.

Bjørge

#4 mikethebike

mikethebike

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:35 pm

haha nice one guys..i am now very happy to stick with the original item :) . to be fair it works well enough it just looks a bit.....old ! ...a bit like me  :)

Kind regards.

Ride swift and safe.

Mikethebike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users