#1901 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 08 March 2020 - 03:38 am

Hi and wecome Marsh. Good to see another north westerners on board. You're in the right place for any help with tdm, let's hope you dont need too much, and it's a keeper this time!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#1902 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 March 2020 - 08:51 am

Hi Marshall and welcome  :good:

Any photos of the bike to share 

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#1903 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:02 am

Welcome to the club Marsh.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1904 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 March 2020 - 12:25 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1905 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 08 March 2020 - 02:14 pm

:) Hi everyone, just a quick intro. Im 63 and 3 quarters and Ive just purchased a rather sooooper 2004 tdm, wich although Ive only been around the block a few times, just to check things work ok. the bike makes me smile. Yes im a born again biker in fact born again and again and again! As my last 3 bikes have been my last. So ive finally realised just crack on with it and enjoy. Im also a fair weather biker as I prefer to clean the salt n shit of the roads with my tin box.

Looking forward to learnng about my new bike. I will be asking a few electrickery questions as its all withcraft to me. But that will be later.

Your more than welcome to call for a brew n a chat anytime your passing.

Regards to all Marsh

Welcome young man! Most TDM problems can be solved on here so enjoy.

#1906 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 08 March 2020 - 10:05 pm

welcome Marshall, pull up a chair. the drinks are on you

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1907 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:20 pm

Welcome, and enjoy!
Bjørge

#1908 Marshall

Marshall

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 11:21 pm

Many thanks for your kind words. I will endever to put a photo up Although she is pretty much stock. In the near future. I'm going to rewire my Oxford grips as they are currently (get it) connected to the battery directly. Also I will be fitting a sat nav. And a spare usb port.I will require some guidance for these jobs. So hopefully some knowledgeable bod will step forward .

Many thanks n regards to all... Marsh

#1909 SeizedBalt

SeizedBalt

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:28 pm

Hello,

New member here. Yesterday, I acquired a tidy, if overpriced, Italian import from a dealer in my town of residence: Tallinn, Estonia.

This is my second TDM having owned an 850 back in about 2001 and is my 23rd bike to date.

Anyway, this one is a 2003 with 78K km on the clock, or about 45k in real money.

Very tidy bike, to be fair.  Not much road salt or rain in Italy, and a fair degree of two-wheeled mechanical sympathy it seems so hopefully a trouble free ride.

I've got oil, oil and air filters, fresh DOT 4, two spark plugs and a rear pad set to fit.  Once done, let the good times roll including a Tallinn-Prague-Vienna-High Tatras-Krakow-Tallinn 10 day trip planned for August, COVID-19 precautions allowing.

Anyway, looking to learn from seasoned TDM owners about a bike that I think is set to become one of my faves.

Maiden Voyage.  Stopping to warm up after 1 hour in the glacial northerly wind that makes an Estonian April feel like a UK February:

Attached File  B6C16753-581C-44BE-BB84-C36B8A49E9C4.jpg   241.44KB   0 downloads

#1910 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:35 pm

Hello dare and welcome.

I am sure we have at least one other member from Tallinn. Edit: roadrunner

Checkout jonc for some crazy Estonian TDM offroading haaaa

http://www.carpe-tdm...l=&fromsearch=1

Anyways boike looks good and high tatras sounds loike a great plan.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1911 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:49 pm

welcome inn  :good:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1912 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:50 pm

Hi and welcome SB. :)  Lots of friendly peeps on here and I'm sure you'll get a helping hand if you need any help with fettlin' yer steed.

You won't need to top up the oil much with the niner, it's a fair bit different to the 850 in that regard.

Check the rear suspension linkages, they can seize up as peeps tend to forget to lube them.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1913 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:41 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1914 Martim

Martim

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 05 May 2020 - 07:26 am

Hello all, I just have bought motorcycle, I hope it will ride well, This is my TDM 2000 motorcycle: 

vEB7X4i.jpg

High quality motorcycle windshields for sale in bargain prices !!! It sounds like impossible but it's true. Check site MotorcycleScreens.eu where are best windshields often for half price of competitors screens. Windshield YAMAHA XT 600 E is made from best sort materials and in advanced process to guarantee top quality, visibility and clarity of our product. Wanna have top quality windshield YAMAHA XT 600 E - check out MotorcycleScreens.eu.

Edited by Martim, 28 May 2020 - 09:22 am.

#1915 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 08:09 am

welcome Martim  :welcome:

#1916 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:14 am

Hi and welcome Martim.  Unusual exhaust you have there.

#1917 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:25 am

Welcome!

#1918 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 12:48 pm

Hi there !  :pimp:

Bjørge

#1919 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:34 pm

howdy Martim.  please show us more pics.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#1920 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:10 pm

Hello dare.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users