• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 RatHawk

RatHawk

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:45 pm

The Crashbars are being built beginning tomorrow!  If you want in now is the best time!  The quantity to be made at the moment is unlimited but much after 05-28-13 you'll be on your own again...  We have at least ten of the Renntec bars being built and they'll be ready and delivered in about a month's time to each buyer individually.  They are $83 plus shipping!

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#62 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:54 pm

Tuesday's Gone with the Wind... Hannah has finalized the order thusly:  

Ten bars are being made as I type this.  I currently own four of the bars being made.  I did this in the hopes that others would come forth in the coming weeks to claim three of them for themselves via orders placed directly with Renntec for TDM850 crashbars.  I also did this so those who had expressed interest would not have to wait forever to receive these crashbars because it was taking a while to get ten folks on the order book.   If nobody wants them I'll be listing three of them for sale on ebay I guess...  If they wind up in my mailbox late June and listed for sale on ebay they'll be for sale to US buyers only though so if you are in the rest of the world now's your best chance to get these bars sent to you direct from Renntec with the rest of the initial orders.  EMAIL:info@renntec.co.uk and include "TDM850 crashbar group" in your subject line.

So the bottom line today is this:

If you just tuned in GREAT! There are three crashbars waiting for you at Renntec!  Join the party!  Place your order with Hannah and you'll get your bars in three or four weeks.

Once again y'all Thank you very much for coming together to get this group buy going. 

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#63 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:44 pm

So here's another update on the crashbars at Renntec as of y'day.  One set of bars is apparently still available for someone to snap up.  As it turns out just telling Hannah eff it, I'll buy the rest of them myself got a bunch of you folks moving.  I'd guess that was because the wait for ten buyers was not an issue anymore.  Flip side of that executive action is that if you aren't one of these ten folks who ponied up you are probably skeerooed til we can muster another ten.  Now we must wait for the pipebenders...

From Hannah:

Hi Alan,
We're probably looking 3-4 weeks for these Engine Bars.
I beleive from my Job List from production they are having their first cut at
the moment but I will get an update later this afternoon to make sure they are
still being prioritised.
I do have 9 official orders now including yours, so only one set left spare.
Kind Regards
Hannah

Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three

Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722 Find us on Facebook

On 04/06/2013 22:04

#64 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:20 pm

BARS ARE READY FOR SHIPMENT  -  Two Sets Left at Renntec for Purchase!  Get your order into Hanna at Renntec this weekend!

If you're in on this buy you should be hearing from Hannah the last few days.  Bars are shipping to those who've paid up.  I think Two sets remain on hand for purchase direct from Hannah at Renntec.  The leftover sets will be shipped to me in the US of A next week some time if nobody claims them.  I will then be trying to resell them here but that makes them more money for a Euro buyer since they'll have to take another trip across the pond.  If you're hedging your bets on me selling them to you stateside once I have them in my possession now's a good time to come forward via PM or whatever.  Looks like I may have two sets of Renntec TDM850 CrashBars for sale...

#65 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:51 pm

My bash guards are on the way :good: along with two more spare sets of bars nobody's yet purchased!  Took a leap of faith on that one!  :locco:

So I have two, maybe only one, set(s) of these Renntec Crash Bars immediately available for sale.  It looks like the price will be $150 plus shipping stateside. That price is the bars plus a third of the shipping (three bars in the box) from the UK.  Their shipping costs are ridick! :puke:

I think USPS priority stateside to anywhere contiguous will only be another $15 plus or minus...  Release the Funds Y'all! :help:   PM me and I'll nail down your set of bars!

And in case anybody's in Western NC this weekend I'll be up there at my favorite place: Deals Gap. :cloud9:   Neener, neener, neener!

#66 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:31 pm

got mine today.

Think you deserve a really big thanks as none of this would have happened without you. My dads mega pleased with his. 

And 

Just realised you're in florida, and only about a hundred miles for my grandmother-in-law   !

#67 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:02 pm

Smiles everyone.... Smiles...

#68 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:30 am

got mine today.

Think you deserve a really big thanks as none of this would have happened without you. My dads mega pleased with his. 

And 

Just realised you're in florida, and only about a hundred miles for my grandmother-in-law   !

Yup,

Mine were waiting for me when I got back from Ireland yesterday. Now to see how to fit them!!! They need to be on for Germany next month. I need a mounting place for the extra tool tubes I got.

Ali

Edited by AliG, 19 June 2013 - 09:30 am.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#69 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:58 pm

My bash guards are on the way :good: along with two more spare sets of bars nobody's yet purchased!  Took a leap of faith on that one!  :locco:

So I have two, maybe only one, set(s) of these Renntec Crash Bars immediately available for sale.  It looks like the price will be $150 plus shipping stateside. That price is the bars plus a third of the shipping (three bars in the box) from the UK.  Their shipping costs are ridick! :puke:

I think USPS priority stateside to anywhere contiguous will only be another $15 plus or minus...  Release the Funds Y'all! :help:   PM me and I'll nail down your set of bars!

And in case anybody's in Western NC this weekend I'll be up there at my favorite place: Deals Gap. :cloud9:   Neener, neener, neener!

Mine arrived beginning of the week

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#70 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:08 pm

Yup,

Mine were waiting for me when I got back from Ireland yesterday. Now to see how to fit them!!! They need to be on for Germany next month. I need a mounting place for the extra tool tubes I got.

Ali

Fitted mine this evening. Will take some pics at the weekend but I am happy. As previously advised, they are tight to the top radiator hose, but nothing to worry about.

Ali

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#71 aeldk5g

aeldk5g

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:10 pm

Got mine today and will have them mounted over the weekend.

Big Thanks again to Alan for coordinating our buy with Renntec!!!

#72 LDRider

LDRider

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:29 am

Yep, mine were shipped last week (will receive them when I return from travel).  Well done organizing all this RH. :good:

2010 BMW R1200GSA 30th Anniv
2006 BMW K1200S set up for touring
1992 TDM850 set up for touring

#73 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,445 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:06 pm

Fitted mine this evening. Will take some pics at the weekend but I am happy. As previously advised, they are tight to the top radiator hose, but nothing to worry about.

Ali

As promised, here are pics of engine bars on the MK2. As previously mentioned, when fitting MK1 Renntecs on a MK2, the top radiator hose is slightly flattened, but there is clearly plenty flow.

Ali

Attached Files

#74 starkmojo

starkmojo

• 51 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:32 pm

Got mine on the MK1 yesterday... a couple of things.

Both of the small screws on the bottom of my oil pan are in bad shape. does anyone have the spec on them? I am not sure the ones there are the right ones as they bottom out before tightening down the pan.

On the lower bars I didnt need the 5mm spacers- I just left the rubber grommets in place and she was tighter than my prom date. I guess I could have bent the bars out to accept the spacers but why?

Speaking of the lower bars is there a max torque spec for that? I had to crank on em pretty good to get the nylon washes on the top of the bolts to engage. The stock piece has no torque on it. . . It was nice of them to include a quality through bolt though.

What was the torque supposed to be on the engine mounts? mine were so tight I bent an allen wrench all to hell getting them off. I have the new ones on tight- but not that tight till I can get a torque spec.

I have to say they look bad effing arse though. Just cant run them till I get the torque wrench out.

Thanks to all the people who worked so hard to make this happen!

#75 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:58 am

Well I got mine in the mail yesterday and they look great! Thank you everyone who got involved with this! I got the crashbars I wanted because of you.

Small detail though. I wound up with an extra pair still so message me if you want them...

#76 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:30 pm

Well I got mine in the mail yesterday and they look great! Thank you everyone who got involved with this! I got the crashbars I wanted because of you.

Small detail though. I wound up with an extra pair still so message me if you want them...

Well done yourself :badgerrock:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#77 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:51 pm

Buy another TDM, simples.

#78 clocklaw

clocklaw

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:25 pm

I am interested in the RatHawk....I was late to the order party but have cash burning a hole in my pocket!

G

2005 FJR1300 - "My Blue Angel"

1992 TDM850 - "Ginger"

1993 TDM850 - "Raven"

twins2_zpsc6932869.jpg

#79 clocklaw

clocklaw

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:58 pm

With an interest to move this along......please take a look here http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=28417 if you are interested in being a part of the next batch!

2005 FJR1300 - "My Blue Angel"

1992 TDM850 - "Ginger"

1993 TDM850 - "Raven"

twins2_zpsc6932869.jpg

#80 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:31 pm

GO Clocklaw!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users