#61 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:28 pm

Wicky,

never used the Mutley shop much. The main shop used to be outside Roche. Now much bigger in Indian Queens, love that name!

I order my spares there, for the TDM and the 86 Ten. Very good.

The Ten is the first bike I bought there, though. Always a bit on the pricey side. Nearly had a new 660Ten from them when I saw one £1.5K cheaper. I preferred to buy locally but they didn't want to compromise. Difference was just too much. Shame that. 

Rob

Edited by Muppdog, 25 August 2019 - 01:29 pm.

#62 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:19 pm

Used to be a ferry between Newcastle and Bergen in the olden days. Proper party express! Would get you right into the most interesting topography, too. Ah well.

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#63 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 26 August 2019 - 03:34 pm

one of my Attached File  69080351_10156605472254226_6547083116199018496_n.jpg   119.17KB   0 downloadsmates has one and is well impressed

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#64 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:55 pm

That's the one! What are the handguards? Not impressed with the std ones.

#65 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:23 pm

That's the one! What are the handguards? Not impressed with the std ones.

will ask my mate - they are Acerbis

Edited by mh1848, 02 September 2019 - 04:26 pm.

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

#66 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 08:01 pm

Finally brought the new girl home. Tiptoeing through heavy showers on new tyres.
Mixed feelings! So far. Engine not a TDM replacement, as I thought before. Relies on revs rather than sheer grunt. But! Its a delight. Doesn't seem to make a difference what gear you are in it pulls willingly. Just at different levels. A slight jerk is still there when going from all closed to open.
Bars are very close. All very comfy. Even the rock hard seat isn't bad.
It turns like a 125. But very stable. Testers found it soft on factory settings, I would like it a bit softer on road.
There are a couple of dampers though. Firstly, and I don't know why nobody in any review picked that up, the clutch housing and plastic cover digs into my right shin and pushes my foot out. Never sure how much of the brake lever I catch.
Then the brakes. Although good they demand a change in riding style. The TDM brakes are so good and let you brake soo late. The Ten's brakes are soft to start, almost spongy, and only with a serious handful of pull will they bite. Either not bedded in yet or set for off road. Time will tell.
Overall pleased. Just hanging on to the TDM for a while yet, just in case.

Rob

#67 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:23 pm

Just hanging on to the TDM for a while yet, just in case.

Rob

Wise man!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#68 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:37 am

they do look like a 125 in some respects,  so much slimmer than a TDM.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#69 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:48 pm

[quote name="Muppdog" post="373735" .....I don't know why nobody in any review picked that up, the clutch housing and plastic cover digs into my right shin and pushes my foot out. Never sure how much of the brake lever I catch.
Rob[/quote]

Congrats on your new bike. I have a Honda Rebel with a clutch and cover that gets in the way of my ankle, where my MT-07's does not. Both engines are the same width so it is about the positioning of the engine across the bike. You do get used to it.

Edited by Robodene, 10 October 2019 - 03:02 pm.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#70 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:58 pm

Wonder if some adjustable footpegs would help at all ?  Thinking you might be able to move your leg back a bit with 'em.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#71 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:43 pm

I don't really want to change the position of the pegs. Ergonomics are good for me. Saw two different covers for the clutch on 'Off the Road's website. Might try that first.
When I test rode the MT07 I had no issue with it either. Pegs must be further back.

#72 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:22 pm

I like the looks, size and pretty much everything about that bike for fun, but my knees say no no.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#73 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:46 pm

Removed the plastic cover on top of the actual cover. That improved things a bit. Exposes the arm though.
Installed a Scottoiler today. Looked on their site and there are specific instructions for the 700. Never used the x-system before. So here I went. Assembled all as instructed. Wrong! The reservoir fits where they suggest but can't be filled or regulated easily. The dispenser would work if glued on but there are two tapped holes under the swing arm. Just bolt the thing straight on. Neat. Very easy to install and operate. Very clean, too. Just get one of the smaller systems for this bike.
Overall very impressed. She is staying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users