#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 September 2020 - 08:20 pm

The forerunner of all TDMs, the Yamaha XTZ750 Super Tenere. It's a 1990 UK model, on a H reg plate. I've had it since 2011, but rarely ride it. I've done a lot of mechanical work on it, but less cosmetic work and even less actual riding! It has 12 months MoT. Don't get excited about the super low mileage, it's not true  :P  I think it's done less than 40k though, if you believe the previous owner  :rolleyes: , although the MoT history does corroborate his story. If you're interested, the Gumtree ad is here with all the details on it: https://www.gumtree....1990/1384265841 PM me if you want more info. Oh and riders under 5' 8", don't even consider it unless you are adept at the rolling dismount  :rotflmmfao:  I'm 6'4" and can only just touch the floor flat-footed with both feet. 

50357049401_bb4046510a_k.jpg

Edited by Matlock, 18 September 2020 - 08:24 pm.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:55 pm

If i was 12'000 miles closer I would bite your hand off!

Lovely bike.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 19 September 2020 - 07:52 am

I'd need a small step ladder fitted to it. :lol:  Although I am 5'8 and a quarter inches tall, my legs belong to someone much smaller. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll have no problem selling it Chris, it's a cracker. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 19 September 2020 - 08:03 am

Lovely bike...
too big for me tho.. 5 7 with my boots on 😂
Glws
Chris.

Edited by chrisbee, 19 September 2020 - 08:04 am.

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 September 2020 - 09:29 am

i could fit it with high heels maybe, lovely bike, good luck Chris.

Looks like you have interest on Gumtree Chris !

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 September 2020 - 03:46 pm

I have had one. Great bikes, Just stopping was my problem. Good luck with the sale

Attached Files

#7 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:34 am

I have had one. Great bikes, Just stopping was my problem. Good luck with the sale

Yes, I had to replace the front discs, so I fitted HEL brakelines at the same time, overhauled the calipers and fitted new pads. They're better, but still sh*t compared to modern brakes. As far as I can see, the XTZ750's front brakes' primary purpose is to make the front end dive several inches without actually slowing the bike!

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#8 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:51 am

You should sell that easy,its a bike I have always fancied having 6ft4 and a nadge would fit me nice, but multiple TDMs and KLRs no room.Good luck

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:54 pm

Have you told the CMC boyos Chris ?  You know what they're like, a few beers and hit the buy it now button. :lol:  Lots of bike buying and selling amongst themselves too.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#10 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 10:23 pm

Have you told the CMC boyos Chris ?  You know what they're like, a few beers and hit the buy it now button. :lol:  Lots of bike buying and selling amongst themselves too.

Good idea Studders, They'll buy anything They're a discerning bunch of chaps  :lol: 

Sadly we inhabitants of the People's Republic of Liverpool are in lockdown now and can't go mingling with others outside of the household (unless we go to the pub!). So I've had to put the sale on hold. I do have a chap who is interested, but he had to go into self-isolation the day before he was due to view it because a work colleague caught the bug!  :rolleyes:

Follow me on twitter

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 02:50 pm

That's got to be the best lockdown measure ever ! lol  Pity it's stymied the sale though. :(  Fingers crossed you'll have it sold in a couple of weeks time.

You gonna find a replacement once it's sold Chris ?

#12 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:58 pm

You gonna find a replacement once it's sold Chris ?

Oh yes! In the "new normal" it doesn't look like I'll be touring or indeed commuting for a while - I work in IT, so working from home is no big deal. So, I'll probably sell the 900 too at some point as it just isn't getting used. I'll keep the Crosstourer, and might get something a bit lighter for fun runs to North Wales and the Lakes. A KTM 790 Duke is top of my list at the moment  :badgerrock:

Follow me on twitter

#13 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 24 September 2020 - 06:53 am

I'm only 5'8" but I have to admit I'd like that, can't justify another bike to rarely use though....

Good luck selling, should be no problem.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users