Photo
- - - - -

Any Vaperiserers Or Cloud Chasers On Here ?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:39 pm

Haha stick with it Harv you need a few weeks to settle in with it, dont worry about dual fueling initially, look at Studs down to 2-3 cigs a day and he's right your taste buds need awhile to adjust.....nice kit btw Aspire is decent equipment, i have it's sibling in the Aspire CF sub ohm battery and Atlantis tank..some also suggest menthol for vapers tongue..good luck.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#42 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:37 pm

My ciggie intake has plummeted almost immediately, just 3 between lunch and bed time yesterday. I go to bed about 4pm..

Only one so far today and the menthol is almost flavourless. Just a subtle residual hint of hazlenut and tramps underpants.

Chilies freshen the taste buds up no end...... Be cautious, you salivate like a hungry dog if you go for real hot ones. It's possible to drown in your own saliva.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#43 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:46 pm

:lol:  Are we talking from experience re tramps trollys ? :P  Sounds like you're off to a good start. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#44 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:55 am

Recently got me a Coolfire IV 40watter.  Nice bit of kit for the price and came with an isub pyrex tank and a 0.5ohm coil for subbin'  Tried the isub but didn't get on with the direct to lung method, seemed to lack any flavour and it was too hot for me.  Swapped it out for a 2.0ohm coil and it's much better, a lot cooler but still not a lot of flavour.  From what I've read it might be the high or 50/50 VG that lacks flavour compared to high PG.  Problem is, I find the high PG too harsh on my throat.  Might try an alternative juice, see if they put more flavour in there.

Also got an Aspire ET-S carto for on the move vaping, much better with the BVC.

Still doing 3 cigs a day, yet to find my ideal vape.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#45 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:44 pm

If your finding the ratio of vg/pg to be good but not getting enough flavour (cos ya still smokin  :P ) you can buy flavours to add, it's what peeps mixing their own use.

Goose juice amongst others  :D  loads of suppliers Ian, course it all adds up when your trying stuff out and can get a bit pricey though.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#46 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:00 pm

£14 a bottle !  Do they milk the goose by hand or summat ? :P

Much cheaper here http://enrich8.com/i...ncentrates.html  but didn't want to go diy, I already have a life. :lol:

#47 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:38 pm

This should be an Olympic event! A right art form.

Ah I see 12-15 cigs before vape. Feel better for vape vs cigs?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#48 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:19 pm

Beware it WILL take over your Life, well many still dual fuelling dapps, not me though, well cept for the cigar after sex  :P

#49 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:52 pm

This should be an Olympic event! A right art form.

Ah I see 12-15 cigs before vape. Feel better for vape vs cigs?

Yes, deffo feel better. :good:

Beware it WILL take over your Life, well many still dual fuelling dapps, not me though, well cept for the cigar after sex  :P

Can't really count that as smoking then eh Cliff. :P

#50 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:32 pm

I bought a Vapouriz One 50w sub ohm thing last year and use a Max VG juice called 'Wrath'! I still need to make it a habit though. What's the difference between PG and VG liquids?

With the kit I've got I don't think I can use PG liquids like in the pen type things (which did sustain me on the 16hr flight to/from China, but I find them a bit harsh).

Ideally I'd like to ditch the gaspers altogether, but if I could get down to 2 or 3 a day like Studley I'd be happy.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#51 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:42 am

The last 2 years have seen a massive change in Vape technology Jim, sub ohming has been made available for noobs whereas before you had to tread the path of the pen type ecigs with a higher pg to vg ratio ( throat hit for the most part) and around 24/18mg juice for a 20 a day smoker, then buy your mods and build your own coils to sub ohm.

Higher VG will give a smoother hit and more vapour, but the smoother hit is dependant on coil size and wether it's a single, double or quad coil, it is a minefield and a little research will put you in the know.

Looking at the kit you have it says it is a fixed wattage using a 0.3 ohm coil which should make for a warm vape...you cannot use a juice with a high PG ratio in that kit anyway Jim, high VG only, 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg at maybe 3mg strength !!  ideally your better off with an variable wattage device or for sub ohming something like a Smok pen 22 which also uses a 0.3 ohm coil but provides a lovely mellow vape, a totally different mod to the pen type you used before (read better).

In a nutshell it's good to have a few different mods and tanks because it's quite a journey and involves some experimenting to get to being cig free, Studley has got there quite quickly really, but there is no one solution for everybody, take an afternoon and visit a Vape shop, a decent one will have mods you can try with different juices and you should be able to walk away with a much better idea of what you need..

Here's a link for starters.

#52 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:42 am

The cartomizer (ciggy type) tank Aspire ET-S with 1.8ohm coil) I have seems to handle higher VG (50PG/50VG) much better than the previous tank I used which means I can have a smooth vape without having to use a sub ohm tank. It can be used with either a pen type battery or the larger variable voltage mod type, Ideal for when you wanna vape on the move and stick it in yer pocket afterwards, or use on long distance journeys, although I dunno if vaping is still permitted on planes.

Gonna try 45PG/55VG in it next, it'll give me a smoother vape if the coil and tank can take it without it either burning out or gurgling/spluttering.

The carto only cost me about £6 delivered so not wasting a lot of money anyhoos. :)

#53 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:42 am

Had to turn around to get pic :-D

Attached File  DSC_0162.JPG   117.92KB   0 downloads

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#54 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:45 pm

:lol:

#55 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:09 pm

:rotflmmfao:

#56 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:31 pm

The last 2 years have seen a massive change in Vape technology Jim, sub ohming has been made available for noobs whereas before you had to tread the path of the pen type ecigs with a higher pg to vg ratio ( throat hit for the most part) and around 24/18mg juice for a 20 a day smoker, then buy your mods and build your own coils to sub ohm.

Higher VG will give a smoother hit and more vapour, but the smoother hit is dependant on coil size and wether it's a single, double or quad coil, it is a minefield and a little research will put you in the know.

Looking at the kit you have it says it is a fixed wattage using a 0.3 ohm coil which should make for a warm vape...you cannot use a juice with a high PG ratio in that kit anyway Jim, high VG only, 70vg/30pg or 80vg/20pg at maybe 3mg strength !!  ideally your better off with an variable wattage device or for sub ohming something like a Smok pen 22 which also uses a 0.3 ohm coil but provides a lovely mellow vape, a totally different mod to the pen type you used before (read better).

In a nutshell it's good to have a few different mods and tanks because it's quite a journey and involves some experimenting to get to being cig free, Studley has got there quite quickly really, but there is no one solution for everybody, take an afternoon and visit a Vape shop, a decent one will have mods you can try with different juices and you should be able to walk away with a much better idea of what you need..

Here's a link for starters.

Thanks for the intel and the link Cliff; you're right, it is a bit of a minefield out there. Inspired by this thread I've made an effort today and only had three or four smokes. The night is young however!

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#57 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:45 pm

11 weeks without a ciggy now. :)

and back up to 13.5 stone. :(  

#58 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:52 pm

Fat fook :lol:

#59 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:56 pm

Well done SR. :-)

#60 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:27 pm

and back up to 13.5 stone. :(  

You bloody lightweight :huh:

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users