Photo

On Manoeuvres June 2014 North Yorkshire And Lakes.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:15 pm

Went up to North Yorks and popped over to Kendal to deliver a part and well the Lakes beckoned.

Tea and cake stops were many, but the places I go you have to do for yourself. I like steep small winding roads up to the hills where no one goes much, so you often get grass growing in them  :)

http://s923.photobuc... 22nd June 2014

For Info I stayed here camping for a tenner a night.

http://www.dalesbridge.co.uk/index.htm

Edited by leehenty, 24 June 2014 - 07:30 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#2 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:50 pm

:good: Nice pics Lee! I would have joined you with a bit of notice.........But I was a bit higher oop!!!

Attached Files

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:32 pm

vicious midge country that is !

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:04 pm

Great photos Lee, can't wait to experience the war on midgies. <_<

Edited by masterbrewer, 24 June 2014 - 11:04 pm.

#5 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:00 am

Truly inspiring pictures .... keep 'em coming!

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:00 am

it was a great few days away the tent is new so this was a test run and it needs a few mods to bring it up the my standards.

The tea stove is a British Army No 7 made by Optimus back in the 70's and rebuilt last year, made of good old fashioned brass.

Runs on bike juice with a bit o' meths for priming. Has only one moving part, the valve cleaning needle and it is very reliable. 

#7 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:41 am

Great pictures Lee,

Great to have finally met you at last.

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#8 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:49 am

Nice pics Lee, that new tent is a whopper, i assume it packs small !! 

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:08 pm

It was picked for that very reason, packs down to a roll 56cm x 20cm, you can stand up in it to get yer kegs on and you sleep in a sort of inner mozzie net with a floor, they call it a nest. Loads of room to get everything under cover. I made myself lightweight groundsheets so I could stand in it not on damp grass.

It called a Mega Horn II (all laugh now) made by Luxe outdoor. The only thing I found is the supplied pegs are not long enough so just get a pack of pegs to beef it up a bit. 

got it here:

http://www.backpacki...rs-3/WG101.html

#10 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:36 pm

Great photos Lee, can't wait to experience the war on midgies. <_<

try getting some of this stuff, it worked fairly well for me. The tent inner and mesh doors are treated with the fabric variety too.

http://www.nikwax.co...d=489&activity=

Edited by leehenty, 25 June 2014 - 06:37 pm.

#11 masterbrewer

masterbrewer

has been here 4ever

• 1,553 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:13 pm

:good:

#12 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:48 am

I use one of these in the tent http://www.midgeguar...peportable.html works well

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#13 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:26 pm

looks good I'll try one next time I'm camping

#14 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:40 am

nice photos Lee and love the tent. I was looking at that tent myself as a possible replacement for my Golite Hex 3. Similar design, but yours is more roomy and has potential for a stove with the top vent hat. That's a certainly a lot of tent for the money. How does it perform in the wet?

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#15 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:09 pm

very well, shrugs off wind too, bigger pegs are a must though. I was after a go lite shangri la 5 but couldn't get one anywhere, so settled for this one. I made myself a footprint from polythene with an eyelet kit. £199

#16 groucho

groucho

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:40 pm

That looks like the Ribblehead Viaduct so you probably passed through Hawes. Living over the border in Lancashire I ride those roads in Yorkshire and Cumbria a lot. The Bike looks in good fettle for an 02.

#17 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:17 pm

very well, shrugs off wind too, bigger pegs are a must though. I was after a go lite shangri la 5 but couldn't get one anywhere, so settled for this one. I made myself a footprint from polythene with an eyelet kit. £199

I've just erected a friend's Megahorn 2(twitter ye not) that I'd ordered for him and had arrived today. I must say I'm very impressed. Easy to put up and take down, though not as easy or quick as my Hex 3, and the pack size isn't massive. It's lovely and spacious and I love the fact it's got 2 entrances and a removable hood--pity the entrance are not quite tall enough to wheel the bike in for working on under cover, etc. Ideal for keeping nice and cool in summer though. The inner nest goes up easy, but could do with being a little more taut, but that's easy enough to achieve. I'd be most interested in how they handle heavy rain and strong winds. On the negative side it would take longer and be harder to put up in wind and rain than my current setup, but on a positive note it would be easier to pack everything away under cover and keep it dry in the same conditions, so it evens out.

Just thinking aloud. Do I want one? Yes!

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#18 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:18 pm

The Bike looks in good fettle for an 02.

Yes, it was Ribblehead viaduct and I'd gone through Hawes, the bike has been very well fettled.

it's about there now, just a small bit of tidying now. (found a slightly rusty screw on the airbox to throttle body clamp :punishment:  so I'm making a set of stainless ones)

Muddy, I found the megahorn needed a bit of fiddling with, to get things nice and tight. Once you have it right, it's great.

Edited by leehenty, 07 July 2014 - 05:19 pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users