#41 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:08 am

I envy you guys with your TDM rich countrysides! I'm reading about all these get together's you're planning lately and thinking how fun that must be! Riding, of course, but also hanging out with all the crazy characters --

All except for the part about driving on the wrong side of the road ...

ohmy.gif
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#42 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:07 pm

QUOTE(darcym @ Tue 25th Apr 2006, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I envy you guys with your TDM rich countrysides! I'm reading about all these get together's you're planning lately and thinking how fun that must be! Riding, of course, but also hanging out with all the crazy characters --

Crumbs! Well if theres any of them going I'm staying at home. I've got a nice bottle of chianti to have with some liver and fava beans.

#43 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:36 pm

QUOTE(darcym @ Wed 26th Apr 2006, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All except for the part about driving on the wrong side of the road ...

ohmy.gif

well come over in June then smile.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#44 darcym

darcym

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:57 pm

A week of training in June and the schedule is already set at work -- not to mention woe is me in the bank account since spending gads of money on new things and repairs and the like. No travel this year but maybe if next year's surf trip doesn't tap me out again (or I win the Lotto!). You guys have fun.

cheers -
dm
1992 TDM 850, RED
Corbin seat, Kerker pipes, Givi top case.
DMPHOTOSD.com

#45 oiler

oiler

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 05:57 pm

Apparently, according to Wicky, we will all be driving on the right hand side of the road for the month of june. I knew it would come to this. Or is it just Scotland thats being changed over ?
Message came back from the great beyond..........57 channels an nothin on..........

#46 vole

vole

sticking around

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • TDM model: 1995

Posted 30 April 2006 - 12:21 am

QUOTE(Minty Hippo @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The roads further north are worth the effort to get to, IMHO. I won't be saying that if its a cold wet weekend of course. If the meet was further south the Stranraer/Dumfries area has loads of nice roads and scenery and a lot less of Mr Plod. Isle of Whithorn is really nice and we can visit locations of/re-enact the Wicker Man. Poor old Mr Plod got torched for his trouble in that one, I recall. LOL.

yeah,all sounds good smile.gif ,great roads round there,and right on my doorstep!!Well nearly,have to keep my eye out n try meet up wid some of u lot!!!!! good.gif
"GABBA GABBA HEY!!!!!"

#47 The Judge

The Judge

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:44 pm

Was just about to book last year when I found a new gaff and had to move that weekend. I will be there this year, just make sure wherever it is has beer and someone cooking food. If it's self catering I'll starve to death blink.gif
IPB Image

#48 Guest_Aging Youth_*

Guest_Aging Youth_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 02:27 pm

Attached File  TDM850.jpg   4.46KB   15 downloadsyahoo.gif Hi Guy's & Doll's

Just recently joined the group and starting to find my way round the forums. I would be up for this trip, always wanted to ride Scotland. I would appreciate a confirmed date/s to booked leave ect. Will watch this thread with interest.

Regards

Edited by Aging Youth, 02 May 2006 - 02:29 pm.

#49 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 02 May 2006 - 03:40 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sat 29th Apr 2006, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well come over in June then smile.gif

Now, if I were to have a good reason to come over, like say an invitation to a cousins wedding in Edinburgh on April 21 next year, what's the riding like up north that time of year? Too cold or mucky for me to enjoy it, or likely to be good/reasonable?

Things to consider.

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#50 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:22 pm

QUOTE(AL-58 @ Tue 2nd May 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, if I were to have a good reason to come over, like say an invitation to a cousins wedding in Edinburgh on April 21 next year, what's the riding like up north that time of year? Too cold or mucky for me to enjoy it, or likely to be good/reasonable?

Things to consider.

Al

It'll be damn cold, but really good if it's dry, unfortunately you can't count on dry weather in scotland any time of year, it'll still be good in the rain. If I still have the 2 bikes running I'll lend you a bike.

I have no dogs though, so you'll have to ride without one laugh.gif

Edited by Emmett, 02 May 2006 - 07:23 pm.

#51 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:15 pm

QUOTE(Aging Youth @ Tue 2nd May 2006, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Attached File  TDM850.jpg   4.46KB   15 downloadsyahoo.gif Hi Guy's & Doll's

I would be up for this trip, always wanted to ride Scotland.

Presume you have both 850 and 900 then and are not too fussed. banana.gif

#52 AL-58

AL-58

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:52 am

QUOTE(Emmett @ Wed 3rd May 2006, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It'll be damn cold, but really good if it's dry, unfortunately you can't count on dry weather in scotland any time of year, it'll still be good in the rain. If I still have the 2 bikes running I'll lend you a bike.

I have no dogs though, so you'll have to ride without one laugh.gif

Thanks for the offer Emmett, I won't forget it. I've known this wedding has been coming for a while, but now we actually have a date, we'll have to think about it more seriously. Pretty well all my family is in Scotland and I've only ever met a handful of them that have come to Oz in the past, maybe it's about time I drag myself over there for a visit.

The doggies will be fine, they'll go on a farm holiday if we do it (in laws have 5000 acres).

At least you drive on the right (correct) side of the road good.gif

Al

tdm850-spike.jpgtdm900-kosciuszko-05.jpg

#53 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:05 pm

errr when is it ?
Where is it ?
Are there any spaces ?

Cant be arsed to read the thread good.gif
Yellow Tdm 900 with lots of bits added

#54 TDMBob

TDMBob

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:54 pm

"If I could afford the airfare I would be there in a heartbeat! Thanks mucho for the invite"
If there's one thing I've learned in life (apart from don't stand south of wicky after he has eaten beens or beer) it is your a short time living and a long time dead so pawn something stick your hand in your pocket Thomas and stop bitching about getting to ride out with the boys and get yr arse over here for the Scottish gathering I might even introduce you to my favourite Baaabaara. wink.gif

#55 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:01 pm

Sorry to be a pain in the ass Nanook but I find the best hostels tend to get booked up well in advance. Are you booking beds at Aviemore? I will help out if needs be. smile.gif

#56 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:54 pm

QUOTE(Minty Hippo @ Tue 9th May 2006, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to be a pain in the ass Nanook but I find the best hostels tend to get booked up well in advance. Are you booking beds at Aviemore? I will help out if needs be. smile.gif

MH, I did ask folk if they had any bright ideas for somewhere to gather. In the absence of a response I have just emailed the Aviemore Bunkhouse to see if they have availability for 15 & 16 September. Watch this space! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif
Beware the whitevanman!

#57 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:55 pm

QUOTE(Nanook @ Tue 9th May 2006, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MH, I did ask folk if they had any bright ideas for somewhere to gather. In the absence of a response I have just emailed the Aviemore Bunkhouse to see if they have availability for 15 & 16 September. Watch this space! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

Not criticising, Nanook, I thought we were pretty much settled on Aviemore. Some of these hostels get booked up way in advance at the weekends that's all.

#58 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:31 pm

Sorry Nanook........we really should be more supportive............we seem to leave it up to you cos you do such a good job of it smile.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#59 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:06 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 9th May 2006, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry Nanook........we really should be more supportive............we seem to leave it up to you cos you do such a good job of it smile.gif

Bullshit will get you everwhere tongue.gif good.gif

Anyway, the Aviemore Bunkhouse does have space for the weekend of 15th September. £14 per person per night. If we want this we will have to act quickly so name to me NOW!!!!! They need a 30% deposit and the balance two weeks before arrival. If enough people commit and PROMISE to send me the dosh I don't mind stumping up the deposit. The roads around Aviemore are fantastic and not a Gatso to be found! There is a range of good bars and eating houses in the village. The bunkhouse does do self-catering but eating out is cheap enough e.g. a good breakfast for a fiver. I have stayed at this bunkhouse before and can vouch for its high standards....................and the soddin place is RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THE PUB!!!!!!!!!! banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif banana.gif

So.....names and commitment to me right now!!

Edited by Nanook, 10 May 2006 - 07:07 pm.

Beware the whitevanman!

#60 Minty Hippo

Minty Hippo

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:30 pm

Ok I'm definitely in - just tell me where to send the deposit. Incidentally, is it the Friday and Saturday nights??? The pub next door is a good one IMHO! yahoo.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users