#21 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:44 pm

I'd be up for an international meeting, and 2011 would be a goodun methinks.
RIP STORMY - killed by careless driver Oct 2009

currently owned ....
1996 YAMAHA TRX850 gone away for little holiday with Andrea
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
1998 DUCATI 748 ... one way of keeping an old man broke.
1999 YAMAHA Thunderace there is STILL no finer motorcycle
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#22 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:02 pm

Hi Lars, any word on where MT11 is likely to be?

was going to suggest if all the main TDM groups are happy to meet for a Mega meet/treffen/rencontrer/vergadering/incontro a central point would be best
maybe Switzerland(or surrounding area) would e suitable?

the forums i know of are :
German - http://www.tdm-forum.net/
French - http://www.ouestlekeum.com/
Nederlands - http://www.tdm-trx.nl/
Italian - http://www.tdmitalia.net/eng/
+ carpe
anyone know a Spanish site?

if we are going to try and organise this instead of the usual meets the groups do i'd suggest we need multilingual current members/TDMers (who are likely to attend) to act as an organising body
(gestures at a carpe member who speaks English,Dutch,French and German)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#23 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:29 pm

Hi Tony,

no, the 2011 meeting's region is (as far as I am aware of) not yet defined. I guess we are lucky to have the 2010 location set already wink.gif
For those who want to look it up, it is in Dahn, Germany (around N49 08.789 E7 46.444). We booked the entire youth hostel there (up to 108 beds).

As for the list of communities: There seems to be one in Poland (I don't have the URL handy) who sent a small delegation to our Berlin meeting this year.

Regarding your suggestion: Switzerland is fine for me. For a general meeting of the "German speaking" community Switzerland was considered too "decentralized", but there is an annual swiss tour of our forum. On the other hand the Vosges region (mentioned earlier) is situated just across the Swiss-French and the German-French borders.

But from experiences with our national meetings: Most important is a (kind of) local team for the organization, as not everything can be organized from remote for a meeting of 100+ people. So I don't want to narrow the choices of locations first and look for a team then, but vice versa.

#24 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:34 pm

If Switzerland is a "problem" what about the southern end of the Black Forest? Lake Titisee and St. Blasien area?

Just a thought.

Mike

currently owned ....
1997 YAMAHA TDM850 which are obviously an acquired taste. I fink I'm starting to get it now.....
2008 SUZUKI Bandit 1250SA ...... fecked by yours truly, but ......... still fitted with the worlds most uncomfortable bike seat. ouch!

#25 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:18 pm

QUOTE(Lars @ Sat 18th Jul 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*looking around* unsure.gif

Seems that none of the "Germans" chimed in here yet.

I spend a short time to review a map of Europe (AND the UK wink.gif ).
The "German" community ranges as far as Vienna (and even beyond). There is an Italien owners' group that could be interested and on our meeting this year in Berlin we had some visitors from Poland.
Trying to "center" all these groups brings me roughly in the area between Luxembourg and Stuttgart, Frankfurt and Basel.

Next year's G2G of the German forum is situated quite in the center of this region, in the "Pfälzer Wald" which is the northern continuation of the french Vosges region.
Of cource, 2010 does not make the referenced anniversary yet, but I doubt we would delay our (German) meeting by one year just to fulfil this request wink.gif

As far as I heard, the french forum plans (by coincedence) their meeting in the Vosges region next year.
Maybe one of these two planned meetings can be the "seed" for an international meeting (though we always invited international visitors to our previous meetings as well).

That does not mean that we should not celebrate the anniversary with an(other?) international gathering.

JM2C,
Lars

Ouestlekeum's webmaster has made a head start on coordinating things - currently gathering ideas. e.g. Vosges already suggested as one possible target area. Like Lars suggested, the idea of a 2010 interim meeting has also been mooted. But some people may think 2011 is too long to wait (uncertainty of owning a TDM by the, etc,?) so have the big meet in 2010? Lots of other basic questions, like how manage attendance, - good intentions vs. allowing for dropouts, etc.

Lars, is the Polish group a big one? And do you know of others beyond those that Tony has listed? There's Greece (TDM-Hellas) of course - an active group from which one or two members have joined Carpe. None of our Spanish, Portuguese, Scandinavian or Eastern European members has mentioned fora in their areas - they seem to find Carpe does the job well enough. The Dutch seem to keep themselves pretty much to themselves, no? (We've had the occasional posting here)

Edited by Pict, 18 July 2009 - 08:23 pm.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#26 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:07 pm

pict, i agree 2011 is a bit far away, but 2010 is too close as people&groups already have plans (i know i do, Jan2010 is 2weeks in Sri Lanka on an Enfield;) ).
i'll get in contact with the Ouestlekeum webmaster

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#27 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 July 2009 - 10:30 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 18th Jul 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pict, i agree 2011 is a bit far away, but 2010 is too close as people&groups already have plans (i know i do, Jan2010 is 2weeks in Sri Lanka on an Enfield;) ).

cheers fer that Tony good.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#28 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:47 pm

Hi,

I have no clue about the size of the Polish group. Another group I have no details of is a Czech Forum: http://www.yamaha-tdm.cz (~330? members)

And to answer on an earlier remark: I see no "problem" in Switzerland. In fact I enjoy touring the country. Just as a location for the "German meeting" ist was considered too much off-center.

But as of now I think the exact location is not that important yet. First we need to synchronize the varions communities and see if we get support by the members to run an international meeting instead of the big national ones or additionally.

I'm curious to see where this is leading to... smile.gif

#29 norty

norty

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:13 am

I will be up for this clapping.gif

#30 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:36 am

Another forum is from Poland

http://www.tdm.pl/fo...ce9e8f9891d;www

#31 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:19 pm

How about 2010 as a practice international meet to make sure eveyone's sorted out for 2011? laugh.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#32 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:58 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Mon 20th Jul 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about 2010 as a practice international meet to make sure eveyone's sorted out for 2011? laugh.gif

That's been the essence of thinking in France - to at least have an interim "summit" discussion in 2010, poss in association with their May G2G in the Vosges..

Just noticed this is post number 5001... banana.gif

Edited by Pict, 20 July 2009 - 03:07 pm.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#33 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:11 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sat 18th Jul 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't forget TeDeum's already in the link group convened by Le Che to get things rolling, so best touch base with him.

#34 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:13 pm

Is Switzerland likely to be expensive? And funny money requiring exchange for Europeans not just brits.

Stu

#35 Petrusdu92

Petrusdu92

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:49 pm

Hello
For information, we have started a survey on our forum. I'am curious about the result.

#36 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:26 pm

QUOTE(stu @ Mon 20th Jul 2009, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Switzerland likely to be expensive? And funny money requiring exchange for Europeans not just brits.

most places accepted Euros when i was there in 2006

My TDM :

#37 stormy

stormy

RIP stormy

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:30 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 20th Jul 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
most places accepted Euros when i was there in 2006

"most" places didn't want to know the euro in June this year, hence my suggestion of just over the border in the Black Forest, i.e. euroland for all concerned.

mike

currently owned ....

#38 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:44 pm

Hi there,

QUOTE(stormy @ Mon 20th Jul 2009, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"most" places didn't want to know the euro in June this year, hence my suggestion of just over the border in the Black Forest, i.e. euroland for all concerned.

Well, my recent experience in Switzerland is similar to Tony's. Some places even charge your credit card with your home currency if you prefer. Some even if you don't prefer, as the transaction fees are higher than at my home bank...
Beside that, the Swiss prices seem to be somewhat higher than in the surrounding countries, but are regionally different.
If you are planning to tour the high Alps you are certainly better off if your lodging is somewhat into Switzerland already.

Edited by Lars, 20 July 2009 - 06:35 pm.

#39 Galilee

Galilee

850 going for 900

• 892 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:30 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 18th Jul 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
None of our Spanish, Portuguese, Scandinavian or Eastern European members has mentioned fora in their areas - they seem to find Carpe does the job well enough.

As soon as there is a suggestion for time and place I'll post info on some of the general forums in Norway. I'm sure someone in Denmark and Sweden will do the same.

BTW, the black forest region has some exellent roads for motorbike riding.

*Edit*

Should anyone be interested in Norway as a gathering point there are some excellent facilities near where I live:

* 200-6000 participants (all services; overnight stay in apartments, all meals, and conference facilities)
* Conference hall
* customizable seating and table setup
* flexible staging
* projectors
* three large screens
* microphones
* large, high-quality sound system (100.000 Watts)
* excellent acoustics
* lighting (stage lighting, direct and indirect dimmable lighting)
* Multi-camera production for the large screens or TV
* Wireless simultaneous translation capability for up to 20 languages
* Three-course banquet dinner for up to 2500 people
* Buffet for up to 1000 people
* Dance floor and fully-licensed bar

An indoor exhibit of selected (or EVERY ONEe) of the bikes coming would for example be no problem. And it has it's own beach!

Brunstad conference center

Edited by Galilee, 20 July 2009 - 06:49 pm.

Too Freud to rock'n'roll, too Jung to die.

#40 Petrusdu92

Petrusdu92

discovering Carpe

• 17 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:11 pm

Galilee

It's a nice place you suggest but it seems that this place is a little too big. When I see the number of peoples involved, a hotel with 10 beds will be enough.
And it is a little far away....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users