159 replies to this topic

#41 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:33 pm

Martin, I thought I was down for booking a cabin for you, Bikernut and Frank?

QUOTE(AliG @ Sun 17th Oct 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK Bobos,
If you book a cabin, Bikernut, Frank (Whichwaywasit) and Martin (Catsbum) can fill the other 3 bunks.
Guys, can you liaise with Bobos to pay your share.
Thanks all. It's all starting to come together.
Ali

Frank (, Bikernut and Martin), I'm not in Leicester this weekend so a BACS payment would be best. I'll PM the account details for the 1/4 share to be paid to. They normally take 3-5 days so I should be able to book it before the weekend all being well with the transfer... I'm guessing I'll need your full names, so please include that in the reply to my PM.

I organise a trip to LeMans each year for about a dozen fellas and this is always the most complicated bit!
We're all going to die, so let's be nice.

#42 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:56 pm

Am I billy nomates, where do I fit in?
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#43 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:07 pm

Right. Bobos, I have no internet banking facility. Nor do I want one.

So, Sagalout is to pay my share to you, when he has a bunk that is.

I will then Pay him outside of Carpe

So Let's sort him out

What else do we need to be doing?

(Saga, great chatting to you after all this time, giveusahug.gif )

#44 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:38 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 18th Oct 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Let's sort him out

We need to confirm who's sharing a cabin with who. Up till now I've been booking for me plus a cabin for you, Bikernut and Frank.

QUOTE(AliG @ Sun 17th Oct 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK Bobos,
If you book a cabin, Bikernut, Frank (Whichwaywasit) and Martin (Catsbum) can fill the other 3 bunks.
Guys, can you liaise with Bobos to pay your share.
Thanks all. It's all starting to come together.
Ali

That clearly needs to change to accommodate us all fairly; so we split 3 to a cabin. I'm not fussed who I'm sharing a cabin with.

#45 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:39 pm

Sorry guys. Slight misunderstanding. I thought Sagalout said he didn't want a cabin and was happy to stick with the aircraft seat. No Problem though. If Sagalout and Catsbum want to stay together then let's go this way:
Bobos has booked a cabin, so there will be Him plus Frank (Whichwaywasit) and Bikernut 1986 and my friend Stephen will make up the 4. His deposit and cabin payment are already on the way to me so we'll sort that out between us Bobos.
Next cabin:My other friend Steven, Catsbum and Sagalout plus 1 other (probably Roy, Steven's mate)
Finally, I will be booking another cabin. 1 place for me, 1 for DazzerB and I'm gonna take a flier that we will fill the last 2 places before April so no-one will miss out.
Everybody happy?
OK, payment.
Sagalout - if you pay the deposits for the B&B and the cabins for you and Catsbum to me, then you are sorted. I'll PM you my details shortly.
Bobos has sorted out his cabin and he and I will sort the cash out for the deposit. Frank and Bikernut need to just send me the £10 B&B deposit and they have already arranged the cabin payment with Bobos.
I've sorted out Stephen, Steven and Roy offline.
As soon as I have paid the deposit to the B&B, I'll send you all a copy of the confirmation so you know I haven't run off to the Bahamas with your tenners.
Right. I think everything is sorted. It's up to you individually to book your ferry crossings.
I'm not sure who has ridden abroad before, so I'm happy to put a list together of what we should have in terms of documenation, insurance, etc. I don't want to preach to the converted, so let me know what you want.
That's all from me for now, but for anyone else reading this, there are only 2 places up for grabs.
Thanks
Ali

So Let's sort him out

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#46 bikernut1986

bikernut1986

seems to like Carpe

• 78 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:39 pm

QUOTE(Bobos @ Mon 18th Oct 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need to confirm who's sharing a cabin with who. Up till now I've been booking for me plus a cabin for you, Bikernut and Frank.
That clearly needs to change to accommodate us all fairly; so we split 3 to a cabin. I'm not fussed who I'm sharing a cabin with.

bobos im definatly sharing !

my bikes include
yamaha xt600 tenere 3aj 1989
yamaha xtz750 supertenere 1991
yamaha tdm850 1991 hillclimb bike heavily modified
honda cb400t 1978 dream mint condition 12k miles from new
yamaha trx850 streetfighter project

keep it off the tarmac and in the green

#47 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:41 pm

Sounds good to me.

#48 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:44 pm

So Let's sort him out

It seems that ali will have three in a cabin, if a second cabin has saga lout, catsbum, bobos and me. That will leave bikernut on his own. I have booked a bike crossing but no doubt could phone up and attach a cabin which would mean biker nut and I shared a cabin. (more romantic that way hahaha)
What do you all think

#49 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:50 pm

QUOTE(AliG @ Mon 18th Oct 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry guys. Slight misunderstanding. I thought Sagalout said he didn't want a cabin and was happy to stick with the aircraft seat. No Problem though. If Sagalout and Catsbum want to stay together then let's go this way:
Bobos has booked a cabin, so there will be Him plus Frank (Whichwaywasit) and Bikernut 1986 and my friend Stephen will make up the 4. His deposit and cabin payment are already on the way to me so we'll sort that out between us Bobos.
Next cabin:My other friend Steven, Catsbum and Sagalout plus 1 other (probably Roy, Steven's mate)
Finally, I will be booking another cabin. 1 place for me, 1 for DazzerB and I'm gonna take a flier that we will fill the last 2 places before April so no-one will miss out.
Everybody happy?
OK, payment.
Sagalout - if you pay the deposits for the B&B and the cabins for you and Catsbum to me, then you are sorted. I'll PM you my details shortly.
Bobos has sorted out his cabin and he and I will sort the cash out for the deposit. Frank and Bikernut need to just send me the £10 B&B deposit and they have already arranged the cabin payment with Bobos.
I've sorted out Stephen, Steven and Roy offline.
As soon as I have paid the deposit to the B&B, I'll send you all a copy of the confirmation so you know I haven't run off to the Bahamas with your tenners.
Right. I think everything is sorted. It's up to you individually to book your ferry crossings.
I'm not sure who has ridden abroad before, so I'm happy to put a list together of what we should have in terms of documenation, insurance, etc. I don't want to preach to the converted, so let me know what you want.
That's all from me for now, but for anyone else reading this, there are only 2 places up for grabs.
Thanks
Ali

Hi Ali, just anawering this from my phone so will keep it short.

I'm out all day tomorrow but will sort out payment on wednesday if thats okay. Please also include deposit for hotel and i will also pay that for cats and me.

Cheers for now

#50 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:10 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Mon 18th Oct 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Ali, just anawering this from my phone so will keep it short.

I'm out all day tomorrow but will sort out payment on wednesday if thats okay. Please also include deposit for hotel and i will also pay that for cats and me.

Cheers for now

okey dokey

#51 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:14 pm

Hi Ali, you have a PM

Have also booked ferry so roll on April drinks.gif

#52 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:49 pm

Ooh Im all excited now. rolleyes.gif

#53 DazzerB

DazzerB

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:28 pm

Ferry booked, deposit sent to Ali . . . can't wait

#54 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:20 pm

Yup. Cash received. Let's be having your tenners guys (those not yet sent) and I'll get the deposit paid.
Looking forward to it too now.
Ali
QUOTE(DazzerB @ Wed 20th Oct 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ferry booked, deposit sent to Ali . . . can't wait

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#55 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,446 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:32 pm

Right guys,
This is the list of names:
Bobos,
Whichwaywasit (Frank)
Bikernut
Stephen
You are all in Bobos' cabin, so hopefully you have all given him your dosh. I paid him for Stephen.

AliG
Catsbum (Martin)
SagaLout (Steve)
DazzerB
You're all in my cabin, which I booked today. All paid. Ta muchly.

Steve H
Roy. They booked today and will share a cabin. Apparently Roy snores like a trooper. Maybe I should have put him on his own with SagaLout.

I have sent the deposit to Ken in France and will post the confirmation when I get it.

So there are 2 places left in the B&B for anybody out there still thinking about it and if anyone wants to rough it, there is also the possibility of a couple of tents, which Ken can provide. The only proviso is that there are no additional shower facilities, so we in the rooms would have to let the campers use our showers.

One last thing. Do we want a guided ride-out on the Saturday? Since there at least 10 of us, Ken will charge EUR 20 per head. Personally, I think it's worthwhile. We can have full input into where we go, which can be agreed over a beer or three on the Friday night.

That's all for now folks.

AliG

#56 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:20 pm

Once again, many thanks Ali for organising this trip.

I personally think a guided tour of Brittany would be good as that is one part of France that I've only really passed through when heading south and never explored. However, if everyone else prefers a DIY plan it'll save €200, which could go towards a good night out?

#57 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:27 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Mon 25th Oct 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally think a guided tour of Brittany would be good as that is one part of France that I've only really passed through when heading south and never explored. However, if everyone else prefers a DIY plan it'll save €200, which could go towards a good night out?

hello ali
thank you for the efforts, re guided tour, I will go with the majority
frank

#58 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:02 pm

QUOTE(Saga Lout @ Mon 25th Oct 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not going to join in on this run, mainly because we will already be spending loads of time together, but I am also going to do some exploring. Not being disrespectful. rolleyes.gif

#59 Bobos

Bobos

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:27 pm

I'm definitely in for the guided tour on the Saturday.

#60 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:41 pm

just looking at ferries
any room left in a cabin?
if not anyone else wanna share with me?

if i book a 4 berth cabin its 180 return, or 73 for just seats
if anyone wants to split the cost with me i'll get a cabin else i'll just crash on a seat (i can sleep anywhere after a few beers)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users