• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:09 pm

##################################
Dates :
9-11 Sept 2011
Location : Aviemore hostel http://www.syha.org....s/aviemore.aspx
£24(ish) each per person per night, so £48 for 2 nights payable to bigboat0 by 1st March
organised by BigBoat0, fanx matey wink.gif

Confirmed and Booked(in at the hostel) Attendees: 4person room & 3person room
Matlock(space now taken by TonyDevil)
Pete7
TonyDevil(space now take by Pete7's mate)
ChrisG
Bigboat0(space now taken by Warren
Fatchap
Tiff

Attendees booked in elsewhere
Bobajob

not booked a room yet

maybes

##################################

anyone thought about when&where the 2011 one will be?
same place? same weekend?

i only ask as i'm booking next years hols at work and i doubt it'll be as easy for me to get the weeks i want next year so i'm gettin em in before anyone else laugh.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 Bobajob

Bobajob

Knight of Postsalot

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:30 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 13th Dec 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suits me.

In amongst all this crap weather I often think of coming up round the corner and seeing Little Loch Broom with Moby's Everloving on the MP3 player - Bliss....
1997 TDM850 MKII - Yamaha/Krauser panniers, Nexxus,cut down screen No Screen!, Osram nightbreakers, PR2s, Interphone F4. Missing her already and on the hunt for a newbie!

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:35 pm

Suits me.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:36 pm

QUOTE(Bobajob @ Mon 13th Dec 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suits me.

In amongst all this crap weather I often think of coming up round the corner and seeing Little Loch Broom with Moby's Everloving on the MP3 player - Bliss....
gotta love a good playlist while bimbling about those lovely places
hey nanook, you up for this again?
i wonder if Joes actually managed to get out of his door with all this snow about!?!?!

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:49 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 13th Dec 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
gotta love a good playlist while bimbling about those lovely places
hey nanook, you up for this again?
i wonder if Joes actually managed to get out of his door with all this snow about!?!?!

Snow's not that bad - so long as you've got a 4 x 4 excl.gif I'll need to check dates for MotoGP as I plan to go to San Marino in September. Assuming it doesn't clash with the September G2G (which is much more important I know!) is everyone up for the Highlands again? If so do we want to try a different venue or area? Or stick with what we know?
Beware the whitevanman!

#6 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:14 pm

same again is good with me good.gif wot do the rest of u reckon?

i'll split the later posts into a new SeptG2G2011 topic....

My TDM :

#7 pete7

pete7

RTT10 manager

• 2,078 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:55 pm

same time and place sounds good to me

Pete

Keep music live!

YouTube: pete7kcu

#8 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:49 pm

Aviemore works for me, though I'd fancy Applecross/Skye way too if that's an sensible alternative, though I'll probably try and head back from Aviemore via there this time.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 10:46 pm

Aviemore for me please and could we have bit less rain next year please Joe?

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#10 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:03 am

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Mon 13th Dec 2010, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aviemore works for me, though I'd fancy Applecross/Skye way too if that's an sensible alternative, though I'll probably try and head back from Aviemore via there this time.

Chris, if snowjoke is the same weekend i'm intending to take the days off inbetween and do applecross on the way....fancy it?

My TDM :

#11 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:55 pm

Yes, though with Germany, the UK RTT, and a week in the lake district in the summer I might be struggling for leave.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:04 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 14th Dec 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, though with Germany, the UK RTT, and a week in the lake district in the summer I might be struggling for leave.

and permission slips....

My TDM :

#13 bigboat0

bigboat0

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:27 pm

QUOTE(Nanook @ Mon 13th Dec 2010, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snow's not that bad - so long as you've got a 4 x 4 excl.gif I'll need to check dates for MotoGP as I plan to go to San Marino in September. Assuming it doesn't clash with the September G2G (which is much more important I know!) is everyone up for the Highlands again? If so do we want to try a different venue or area? Or stick with what we know?

Hi Joe, seems everyone is up for Aviemore again, if we are to stick to the same weekend it would be the 9th & 10th September if all in agreement?

Does that fit in with your Moto GP plans?

I don't mind helping out with the arrangements if you can or can't make it?
good.gif

06 TDM 900 - gone but not forgotten.

Triumph Sprint ST1050

#14 Nanook

Nanook

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:17 pm

QUOTE(bigboat0 @ Mon 17th Jan 2011, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Joe, seems everyone is up for Aviemore again, if we are to stick to the same weekend it would be the 9th & 10th September if all in agreement?

Does that fit in with your Moto GP plans?

I don't mind helping out with the arrangements if you can or can't make it?
good.gif

I've just checked and the MotoGP is the weekend before the G2G so wouldn't mind if someone else took over G2G the organising this year. It's quite simple (otherwise I couldn't have done it in previous years!). All you need to do is to check the bunkhouse availability and pencil in the required number of bunks; they'll expect a small holding deposit. Then you need to get the lads and lasses to cough up their dosh; I've always asked that they pay the full amount up front, if they subsequently drop out for any reason it's up to them to try to sell their places to someone else (I just couldn't get into the malarkey of refunds and the like). I haven't yet booked travel dates for the MotoGP but if I'm back by the G2G weekend I hope to at least join in one of the rideouts (so long as SWMBO gives me a pass!).
Beware the whitevanman!

#15 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:59 pm

Ill check dates for work if its open to anyone.

Highlands though ! jees man ! furthest I've ever been on a bike I think biggrin.gif

Lew wink.gif

#16 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:12 pm

QUOTE(LewisBlackburn @ Tue 18th Jan 2011, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ill check dates for work if its open to anyone.

Highlands though ! jees man ! furthest I've ever been on a bike I think biggrin.gif
Lew wink.gif

Open to one and all,1st come, 1st served usually Lew. We have a good ride up from the North West on the Friday, make a good day of it. good.gif

Follow me on twitter

#17 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:58 pm

i only ask as i'm booking next years hols at work and i doubt it'll be as easy for me to get the weeks i want next year so i'm gettin em in before anyone else laugh.gif

Would love to go to Aviemore again, last year was brilliant despite the slightly inclement Scottish weather, but won't be able to commit at this moment in time. I'm already going to Brittany in April and the Megatreff in June. I'm going to Perth, Australia next month too for 2 weeks so holidays will be in short supply methinks.
Ali

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#18 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:02 pm

Its my Bloody weekend in at work and unless I'm lucky enough to get a job elsewhere before there's only a slight chance I can get it off.

I'll see what i can do,

Both the isle of man and this meet I've missed out on because of friggin work ! GRRR

Lew sad.gif

#19 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:29 pm

There's still MT2011 Megatreff in June Lew

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#20 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:32 pm

that the one in Germany?

Its a little far for me considering I Aint got a reliable bike at the moment.

Maybe closer to the time I'd consider it but financially at the moment I think Im stuck with Uk only meets with only cost being petrol, board and food.

Lew wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users