238 replies to this topic

#221 jlmtdm

jlmtdm

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:35 pm

Ali thanks it was good to meet up with every one who was there sorry I was late noticed the seat was off your bike cunning plan .

#222 Matt101

Matt101

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:51 pm

Well what a cracking day out. 220 mile round trip (long way home but shhhhhh don't tell the wife)

Plenty of food and lots of cakes ;) Lots of fettling done. Great to meet peeps old and new.

Was good just to get out on the bike at last. It's been too bliddy long!

Thanks Ali! Top host :good:

#223 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:57 pm

Thanks Mick  for the pics. They are great and thanks for all the guys for turning up. We had a very successful fettling day with a lot of work done. Special thanks to Lee. At one point, he was jumping between three bikes, but everybody got their jobs done.
Ali

PS. Thanks to Martin for his pics. You posted them as I posted this mail.

Thanks for hosting Ali.

A good time was had by all.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#224 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:12 pm

A good day.The mobile workshop attended. Lucky I brought the shim kit. Met up with some nice folks, a good spread was put on by AliG Thanks mate.

Some good pics of my toolboxes  :rotflmmfao:

Edited by leehenty, 08 April 2013 - 10:50 am.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#225 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:24 pm

#226 semac1

semac1

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:30 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Never seen do many TDMs in one place.

Space made in garage so I can now get at those leaky carbs.

Black ,'91 3VD, Carbon effect Nexxus, Wezmoto braided lines, Wavy discs, Hagon shock, Diablo Stradas

#227 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:43 pm

Some brave single day fettling going on there.  Well done chapppss.

And please razzle frazzle yer dawg for me Ali.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#228 nav18tor

nav18tor

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:52 pm

Well what a cracking day out. 220 mile round trip (long way home but shhhhhh don't tell the wife)

Plenty of food and lots of cakes ;) Lots of fettling done. Great to meet peeps old and new.

Was good just to get out on the bike at last. It's been too bliddy long!

Thanks Ali! Top host :good:

And I was stuck at home, no V55 so no road fund license so, no wheels for me

All I could do was dream, but at least I managed to watch MotoGP and Rossi back on form

He who dies with the most toys wins

No more 2007 in white

In it's place is a big blue FJR1300

Touring Portugal? this is the perfect base

145071.png

#229 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:56 pm

We however, stood around and did not a lot.

Speak for yourself. Personally I managed to dispose of sausages, carrot cake, sponge cake, cherry cake, shortbread, and numerous cups of coffee :) Made it home just as dinner was going in the oven too.

Excellent hosting Ali, and as said I think more work happened in the first 5 minutes that we managed in a complete day at mine a couple of years back :D

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#230 Frajt

Frajt

Lost at Sea

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:00 pm

What a day......... I think Lee enjoyed himself so much taking my camshafts out he decided to do it twice!!
A week ago I was too nervous to even take the side panels off my bike but after today I'm much more likely to tinker - thank God I'm unlikely to ever have to do the shims again though. The ride home was rewarding - shims updated, fast idle fixed and the old air box mod - it feels like a new bike.......
Thanks to Ali for hosting, Lee for mechanicking and every one else for tolerating me getting the lions share of the fettling...... ;-))
Now, just need to buy some decent tools........

PS . Loads of bling on the bike now too...... This could be addictive!
At risk of doing something exciting!

#231 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:55 pm

Good to see you all. Thanks especially to Ali and Lee. And for all of you who took the pi.. er mickey yes I did get home with both panniers!  Next stop Brittany!  :)

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#232 Doggy

Doggy

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:49 am

Big thanks to AliG for hosting a great event, great to meet you all.

A very special thanks to Matt who with very little help from me managed to do more jobs on my bike in a day than I would have done in a week!

Fork springs and oil upgraded, chain oiler fitted and working and sat nav power wired in and working.

Matt, thank you and I owe you a beer or two.

#233 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:16 am

Some mega fettlin' going on there chaps !  :badgerrock:

Well done to Ali fer makin' it all a successful and nourishing experience. :cake eating:

Thanks fer postin' up the much needed piccies peeps.  :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#234 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:59 pm

Looks like a good day out :) Who's is the brilliant tow ball vice idea? Mr.Hentys ? How much for a similar set up fella? I have the vice.

I made it from a Bak rac mount, a bit of 5mm plate and an old Landrover 110 jack plus a bit of 50mm RHS, The 3/4 sq bar in the jack drive hole with alloy handle was my own invention. I needed a decent vice on site in case drilling and helicoiling were required. The Bak Racs have been around for a few years.

http://www.bak-rak.com/uni-rak.htm

I bought mine from here, who have all the spares for them too. You want a UNI Rak.

http://www.wilmond.co.uk/bak-rak-en

You don't need the jack leg strictly as the mount is securely tightened with a 12mm bolt and is tested to 650 kg, but I found when working on it the vehicle suspension moved up and down, hence the adjustable jack leg to the ground to take out the play.

Edited by leehenty, 08 April 2013 - 07:53 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#235 Limbo

Limbo

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:29 pm

You have done a great Fettle-Day.
With so many engines with 10 valves, you could replace the Shimms very well with each other. :rotflmmfao:

It was repaired a lot. Each participant was able to see and learn. :good:  :good:  :good:

Determined there was more to experience than coffee, colas, cakes, pizza and the beautiful dog. :cake eating:

Limbo

without stockings and shoes I can count up to twenty wonderful

#236 lparker

lparker

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:03 pm

What a day......... I think Lee enjoyed himself so much taking my camshafts out he decided to do it twice!!
A week ago I was too nervous to even take the side panels off my bike but after today I'm much more likely to tinker - thank God I'm unlikely to ever have to do the shims again though. The ride home was rewarding - shims updated, fast idle fixed and the old air box mod - it feels like a new bike.......
Thanks to Ali for hosting, Lee for mechanicking and every one else for tolerating me getting the lions share of the fettling...... ;-))
Now, just need to buy some decent tools........

PS . Loads of bling on the bike now too...... This could be addictive!

And expensive pal !

Edited by lparker, 08 April 2013 - 07:03 pm.

#237 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:27 pm

It's not too bad for stainless cap screws and normal stuff, but gets a tad wallet damaging if you want things like disc rotor bolts in high tensile stainless or   Ti 6Al-4V titanium alloy which is very spendy.

#238 vicens66

vicens66

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:12 pm

:good: :good: Thanks ALI for sunday and LEE for the shining things.....

#239 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:21 am

Sorry I missed this :sorry:  but was swanning round Kent and Wessex doing RBR stuff, maybe the next one. ^_^

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users