#21 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:38 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 18th Dec 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danny, i'll be going from Reading in 1 hit, i dont have the hols to spare, so i'll be doing a full day before leaving.
if u can get to Reading by the Friday lunchtime you can join me, should mean a 9or10am start for you, how far North are you?
its around 6-7 hours from Reading to the Belguim/Luxembourg/German border including the Ferry crossing

with a bit of blitzkrieg i reckon its an 9hour journey to the site
arrival should be approx sunset which will be perfect for putting up the tent and cracking open the beers!

i've done the same trip about 3 times before, both by motorway and once by backroads, its 100% do-able
Hartside did the entire return trip in 2.5days, but with the extra distance to/from Carlisle wink.gif

Tony, if its ok with you, I would be pleased to join-up with you guys as I only live about 40 miles from Reading...we could even meet at clackets lane services on the M25?
Now on 9er number 2 .....

#22 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:44 pm

sure good.gif
i'm in Wokingham during the week, where aboots in Hampshire are you?

i'll look at ferry times in the new year wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#23 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:16 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 18th Dec 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure good.gif
i'm in Wokingham during the week, where aboots in Hampshire are you?

i'll look at ferry times in the new year wink.gif

I'm in a village called Lindford, between Bordon & Liphook; nearest towns are Alton or Farnham. Also, have you registered on the German site yet? I had a look at it but obviously couldn't read it or work-out how to register.

cheers, steve

#24 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:34 pm

QUOTE(Steve Evans @ Tue 18th Dec 2007, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a look at it but obviously couldn't read it or work-out how to register.

I'll see if something can be done.

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#25 Guest_Dannyboy_*

Guest_Dannyboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:07 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 18th Dec 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Danny, i'll be going from Reading in 1 hit, i dont have the hols to spare, so i'll be doing a full day before leaving.
if u can get to Reading by the Friday lunchtime you can join me, should mean a 9or10am start for you, how far North are you?
its around 6-7 hours from Reading to the Belguim/Luxembourg/German border including the Ferry crossing

with a bit of blitzkrieg i reckon its an 9hour journey to the site
arrival should be approx sunset which will be perfect for putting up the tent and cracking open the beers!

i've done the same trip about 3 times before, both by motorway and once by backroads, its 100% do-able
Hartside did the entire return trip in 2.5days, but with the extra distance to/from Carlisle wink.gif

TD sounds good to me. I just checked and my passport is out of date so I shall get on with renewing! With regards the bike do I need to sort any euro stickers out for the plates or is that just for cars?
As for Hartside man he could do Poland and back in a day the way he rides tongue.gif

#26 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:58 pm

Ralf (Erdferkel) has gone to ground, so I've dropped a line to one of the German forum's administrators to see if anyone else can help with the registration etc.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#27 Hanno

Hanno

sticking around

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:02 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Wed 19th Dec 2007, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ralf (Erdferkel) has gone to ground, so I've dropped a line to one of the German forum's administrators to see if anyone else can help with the registration etc.

yepp
Hi Folks,

I am one of the Admins of the german-speaking TDM-Forum.
Thx for dropping a line Ian.
The main hotel is unfortunately sold out (we had just 100 reservations in the first few days), but there are lots of little hotels and b&b's nearby and there is also a camping ground and a very, very special hut (my favorite tip for you).
It's not necessary to register every person in our forum, just give as the amount of britisch friends who wants to visit our Megatreff in march or april and we (or better our special friend and master of the beds Jochen Heide) will manage the beds and the beer for you *gg*. Maybe Ian can give me or Jochen the needed information by mail (Jochens nick in the TDMF is heide).

We would be very happy to see some of you guys at Langenei ("long egg" in the "red hair mountains") and don't worry, it's no problem to mention the war :-)

English speaking and understanding should be no problem, most of us germans, austrian and swiss have learned a few english in school. After the third beer til the tenth communication will flow without any borders. So feel free to meet a very special g2g with 150-200 TDM-friends.

Just let me teach you the first important sentence: ich hätte bitte gerne noch ein Bier - may I have another beer please.
More in the next post.

Schöne Grüße - best wishes
Hanno

#28 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:09 pm

QUOTE(Hanno @ Wed 19th Dec 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yepp
Hi Folks,

I am one of the Admins of the german-speaking TDM-Forum.
Thx for dropping a line Ian.
The main hotel is unfortunately sold out (we had just 100 reservations in the first few days), but there are lots of little hotels and b&b's nearby and there is also a camping ground and a very, very special hut (my favorite tip for you).
It's not necessary to register every person in our forum, just give as the amount of britisch friends who wants to visit our Megatreff in march or april and we (or better our special friend and master of the beds Jochen Heide) will manage the beds and the beer for you *gg*. Maybe Ian can give me or Jochen the needed information by mail (Jochens nick in the TDMF is heide).

We would be very happy to see some of you guys at Langenei ("long egg" in the "red hair mountains") and don't worry, it's no problem to mention the war :-)

English speaking and understanding should be no problem, most of us germans, austrian and swiss have learned a few english in school. After the third beer til the tenth communication will flow without any borders. So feel free to meet a very special g2g with 150-200 TDM-friends.

Just let me teach you the first important sentence: ich hätte bitte gerne noch ein Bier - may I have another beer please.
More in the next post.

Schöne Grüße - best wishes
Hanno

Thanks Hanno...........I've always tried to avoid fertilizing any eggs in the red hair mons........ blink.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#29 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:49 pm

Meet Hanno, btw folks (Wonder if he has any family in Co. Wicklow...?):

Thanks, Hanno, for the quick and helpful response. good.gif I'm happy to help if need be, but once again I doubt if I'll be making the trip.

#30 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:28 am

nice1, thanks for the info hanno good.gif

QUOTE(Dannyboy @ Wed 19th Dec 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TD sounds good to me. I just checked and my passport is out of date so I shall get on with renewing! With regards the bike do I need to sort any euro stickers out for the plates or is that just for cars?
As for Hartside man he could do Poland and back in a day the way he rides tongue.gif

strictly speaking you need a "GB" sign
but half the guys tend to forget and the ferry company will give you a free sticker when you check in if you ask nicely
its big and fecking ugly tho with the companys logo
i went for a repacement numberplate with a black GB EU sign, its not legal tho coz the sign is in black instead of blue, but if any copper is anal enough to spot it and do something about it i'll have bigger worries than a minor plate infringement wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#31 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:37 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 20th Dec 2007, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice1, thanks for the info hanno good.gif
strictly speaking you need a "GB" sign
but half the guys tend to forget and the ferry company will give you a free sticker when you check in if you ask nicely
its big and fecking ugly tho with the companys logo
i went for a repacement numberplate with a black GB EU sign, its not legal tho coz the sign is in black instead of blue, but if any copper is anal enough to spot it and do something about it i'll have bigger worries than a minor plate infringement wink.gif

I was just trying to remember dannyboy's profession............... rolleyes.gif wink.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#32 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:10 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Thu 20th Dec 2007, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just trying to remember dannyboy's profession............... rolleyes.gif wink.gif

plumbing? definetly something to do with copper pipe i think tongue.gif

My TDM :

#33 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:59 pm

Have had a note from Ralf, who apologises for not being in touch. Poor guy has had a lot to deal with suddenly.

#34 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:12 pm

Thanks to all for the updated info. Are any of you other brits going to look for, or book a b&B or r u planning on camping? unsure.gif unsure.gif

#35 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:53 pm

QUOTE(Steve Evans @ Thu 20th Dec 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks to all for the updated info. Are any of you other brits going to look for, or book a b&B or r u planning on camping? unsure.gif unsure.gif

The hut seems to be recommended by Hanno?

#36 Saga Lout

Saga Lout

has been here 4ever

• 1,044 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:05 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Thu 20th Dec 2007, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The hut seems to be recommended by Hanno? OK so the hut it is then! good.gif

#37 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:14 am

Worth checking out - it'll be an "alpine" dormitory-style I expect.

#38 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:32 am

Have checked: Here are the hut and the camping area......

...and a rough translation of the text on the German site reads:

" A large “forest hut” with 20 beds (3 dormitories), a large parking lot next to the hut, kitchen, shower, toilet, washbasin, refrigerator and electricity is reserved. Camping on the adjacent green space.
Distance to the hotel Hinweg: Nüchtern - downhill 5 minutes, and back uphill slightly longer.
Costs for the forest dwellers per night (only): about 9 euros in the hut, about 5 euros for camping on the meadow per person, about 5 euros for mobile home in front of the door (exact price please enquire).

In the immediate vicinity there are also apartments (also on farms / motels etc.), and smaller guest houses at prices from 20 euros.

We’ll take care to find suitable accommodation for everyone.

And what do I do at night if I’m not staying in the hotel?
Exactly like everybody else. Minibus shuttles available for getting around. Anyone who does not reside in the hotel, is welcome at 8 euros per day for breakfast and for 14 euros on Thursday and Friday for the buffet. Or just for a beer or two ..."

NB Hut isn't all that big, so would need to check if there is still space.

#39 Hanno

Hanno

sticking around

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:14 am

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Distance to the hotel Hinweg: Nüchtern - downhill 5 minutes, and back uphill slightly longer.

"Nüchtern" meens not drunken.

QUOTE(Pict @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NB Hut isn't all that big, so would need to check if there is still space.

We have 20 beds in the hut and there is just one reservation til now (12/21/2007).

#40 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:30 am

QUOTE(Hanno @ Fri 21st Dec 2007, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Nüchtern" meens not drunken.
We have 20 beds in the hut and there is just one reservation til now (12/21/2007).

Thanks Hanno. I've learned a new word! (in English, "sober"). Good news about the hut - I'm surprised only one place has been taken (Would it be yourself?)
Carpedians take note if interested - sounds preferable to lugging a tent etc.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users