• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dagosh88

dagosh88

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:56 am

I bought this TDM for parts a bit over month ago but I don't need all of the components from it

Components that I will definitely use or have used are:

- forks and shock

- swingarm and mudguard

- central plastic components & front mudguard

- brakes

Open to offers, let me know if you need anything and I can send detailed photos.  :)

Parts can be posted or collected near Hinckley (Barwell)

Attached Files

Edited by dagosh88, 15 June 2019 - 07:10 am.

#2 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:11 am

Hi Dagosh,

need a couple of things here if you don't mind. First being pretty urgent.

1. Somehow my engine mounting bolt has managed to vibrate off :/ Don't know how long I've been riding about with it off but it's made me feel a bit sick! Top one for mounting the engine bars for context: https://photos.app.g...J8v64Y2kwa6jZE7
  2. Do you know what brand that seat is? I've been flirting with the idea of treating myself to a new one over the stocker.
  3. I might want your ECU, if you're non ABS. I have a feeling this will make my ABS deleted bike forget about a few of its problems.
  4. Wing mirrors. I took a little slide in January and my wing mirrors had to be replaced by chinese jobs that I simply can't see out of.
  5. If your rear tyre has decent tread I'd be interested. I've been running a completely bald one for too long now and it's stopped being funny

I would rather have it all posted if that isn't too much trouble. Let me know of the above what parts you can let go and prices you need for them and we can go from there

Thanks in advance

Jacob

#3 steves100uk

steves100uk

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 198 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:56 am

I would like the coolant pipe that comes out the top of the valve cover.

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:05 am

Dibs on the "chicken fillets" black side panels behind the tank if they're decent please
Don't have to be perfect, just not drilled!! Could do with a left hand engine (alternator) cover to play with painting too if it's no hassle.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 Luke

Luke

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:07 pm

Hi there,
I would be interested in the black plastic surround on the clocks / cockpit. Also if the seat doesn't go I would be interested.
Cheers
Luke
Fuel Cans, PCIII USB, Oxford Heated Grips, K&N Air Filter, Air Box Mod, Michelin Pilot Road 3, MRA Vario Screen, Scotoiler HRC, Givi Wingrack, Givi E52 Maxia Top Box, Givi E41 Panniers, Hagon Progressive Forks, Centre Stand, Bagster Tank Cover + Bags

#6 dagosh88

dagosh88

sticking around

• 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:10 pm

Hi Dagosh,

need a couple of things here if you don't mind. First being pretty urgent.

1. Somehow my engine mounting bolt has managed to vibrate off :/ Don't know how long I've been riding about with it off but it's made me feel a bit sick! Top one for mounting the engine bars for context: https://photos.app.g...J8v64Y2kwa6jZE7
  2. Do you know what brand that seat is? I've been flirting with the idea of treating myself to a new one over the stocker.
  3. I might want your ECU, if you're non ABS. I have a feeling this will make my ABS deleted bike forget about a few of its problems.
  4. Wing mirrors. I took a little slide in January and my wing mirrors had to be replaced by chinese jobs that I simply can't see out of.
  5. If your rear tyre has decent tread I'd be interested. I've been running a completely bald one for too long now and it's stopped being funny

I would rather have it all posted if that isn't too much trouble. Let me know of the above what parts you can let go and prices you need for them and we can go from there

Thanks in advance

Jacob

1) I should be able to take that out.

2) It doesn't say what brand it is but the impression it that it's much more comfortable than the original. I already have a custom made seat so didn't really try this one out. 

3) ECU is available and it's without ABS, I'm not sure it works with a bike that has ABS though.

4) Available, mirrors are in good condition

5) Tyre is at about 50-60% but I will not take it off the rim, it has to go as a whole. Except the sprocket carrier and cush drive which I need. 

It's potentially going to be a heavy package but we can sort it out.

How urgent do you need them? I'm afraid I will not be able to send anything out before the week commencing the 24th due to personal plans. If you need them faster you can pick them up until Wednesday inclusive.

I would like the coolant pipe that comes out the top of the valve cover.

That can be arranged, I will inspect it's condition tomorrow and let you know if it can be removed and still safely used on another bike.

Dibs on the "chicken fillets" black side panels behind the tank if they're decent please
Don't have to be perfect, just not drilled!! Could do with a left hand engine (alternator) cover to play with painting too if it's no hassle.

Sorry, the plastic covers are broken on mine as well so I will be keeping these. Forgot to mention in the initial post.

The alternator cover should be available, I will be waiting for a few more offers before braking it apart if you don't mind. Someone might need the whole engine and make my life easy. 

Hi there,
I would be interested in the black plastic surround on the clocks / cockpit. Also if the seat doesn't go I would be interested.
Cheers
Luke

Sorry, that is the central plastic I mentioned in the initial post, this one is broken too but still in a better shape than mine which is quite badly broken and rattling. 

You're next in line for the seat after Jacob 

#7 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:52 am

Sorry, the plastic covers are broken on mine as well so I will be keeping these. Forgot to mention in the initial post.

The alternator cover should be available, I will be waiting for a few more offers before braking it apart if you don't mind. Someone might need the whole engine and make my life easy.

No problem just a long shot thanks. Got me thinking tho'.what would you take for the engine? Could make an interesting project...
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#8 Luke

Luke

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:30 am

Thanks 👍
Fuel Cans, PCIII USB, Oxford Heated Grips, K&N Air Filter, Air Box Mod, Michelin Pilot Road 3, MRA Vario Screen, Scotoiler HRC, Givi Wingrack, Givi E52 Maxia Top Box, Givi E41 Panniers, Hagon Progressive Forks, Centre Stand, Bagster Tank Cover + Bags

#9 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:43 am

Thanks for the reply. Number 1 is the only thing I need urgently as I'm not keen riding without so I've parked her up for now. Happy to wait until you can post

I'll probably just buy a new tyre, but would like 1-4 please

Are you using the brake rotors as well as the calipers?

#10 steves100uk

steves100uk

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:00 pm

Hi fella. Thanks for getting back to us. Could I have the side stand aswell.

#11 jpor

jpor

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:42 am

Steve do you need the sidestand switch? If not can I also have?

#12 dagosh88

dagosh88

sticking around

• 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:53 pm

No problem just a long shot thanks. Got me thinking tho'.what would you take for the engine? Could make an interesting project...

I haven't thought of a price, Send me a message with an offer. :) Consider it has 130k miles on it though, it start with no issues (automatic choke needs cleaning & lubing)

Thanks for the reply. Number 1 is the only thing I need urgently as I'm not keen riding without so I've parked her up for now. Happy to wait until you can post

I'll probably just buy a new tyre, but would like 1-4 please

Are you using the brake rotors as well as the calipers?

Brake rotors are worn quite a bit over the limit, I will not sell them separately and I do not recommend them to be used for who will take the wheels. 

Hi fella. Thanks for getting back to us. Could I have the side stand aswell.

Yup. 

As all of you know what you want I imagine it's easier if you send me a message with an offer for the components and we start from there? Post or collection would be good to know as well.

Thanks.   :)

#13 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:23 am

Hi! Is that your old, beloved bike - or a new wan?
Bjørge

#14 steves100uk

steves100uk

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 02:34 pm

No mate I dont. It would sit on shelf in garage.

Steve do you need the sidestand switch? If not can I also have?

#15 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 July 2019 - 02:41 pm

Are you using the front calipers and pipes?
If not may be interested.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#16 Davetee

Davetee

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 65 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:42 pm

Hello are the panniers available thx

#17 Yamyam900

Yamyam900

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:41 am

Hi

Do you still have parts available. I would be interested in the screen and rear wire luggage hooks please?

#18 thong

thong

seems to like Carpe

• 49 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:33 pm

I need an o-ring collar from the oil filter housing

#19 Bazf12

Bazf12

arrived on last train

• 5 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 04 August 2019 - 01:07 pm

Hi

can you let me know what body panels are still available please and if the whole cowling / instrument pane;s is still free as well.

cheers

barry

#20 MarkM

MarkM

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:31 am

Hi, do you have the instrument cluster available please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users