4 replies to this topic

#1 Marron

Marron

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:43 pm

Hi
I have TDM 900 year 2002 , my TDM is serviced two years ago. Today happened that gasoline ran out. I noticed earlier today that fuel is running out but I forgot to filler up gasoline tank, nice, my fault, no need to mention.
Good thing in this case is that gasoline ended 400meter before my home, but last 400meters was more or less “motor on , motor off” , just like that I am driving not gasolin , but its steam. I rolled last meter to my home engine off, because engine stopped , clutch switched .
Situation now is that I filler up my TDM 900 but it won’t start, tank is near full . Everything else is working normally , engine is spinning while start button is pushed , TDM drive computer looks normally no error codes and engine light act normally ,but TDM is not running, it won’t start.

Things what I have look
- Air filter is clean or almost clean.
- Bensin is smelling after long long starting.
- I Tried to check spark plugs, but after removing TDMs upper plastic, its very small and narrow hole where I can even see spark plug.
-
what can I do
- how to check these spark plugs , I am normal guy with normal hand, do I have to remove cooling system parts that I have more space to check spark plugs. Can I find detailed instructions somewhere

Open minded
- Diesel cars needs some actions if diesel runs out , is these similar things in fuel injection motors that I have to remove air from system.

What do you say about idea that I insert gasoline directly to inside air-filter intake , these two tubes from airfilter to “motor”, this is old method to start carburetor engines , but I don’t know these fuel injection motors , like that 900TDM can I do that.

Thank you in advance

// Marko

PS: sorry my bad english ,I'm in garage with couple of beers and my broken TDM and tomorrow forecast says nice weather

#2 Guest_celticbiker_*

Guest_celticbiker_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:53 pm

You will find information here for getting at the plugs.
Also try full open throttle and try to start.
Also put a spare plug into a plug cap and check for spark.
Also turn ignition off and on a couple of times as the switch can be a bit awkward sometimes.

#3 Marron

Marron

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:23 pm

Yep

how about that side stand switch , because I have bad feelings . I transferred that bike on trailed , 200km and side stand was pushed very much.
I don’t remember , if side stand is down (ground) is motor spinning normally and its not starting or something.

// have to heal my TDM

QUOTE(Marron @ Sun 9th May 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
I have TDM 900 year 2002 , my TDM is serviced two years ago. Today happened that gasoline ran out. I noticed earlier today that fuel is running out but I forgot to filler up gasoline tank, nice, my fault, no need to mention.
Good thing in this case is that gasoline ended 400meter before my home, but last 400meters was more or less “motor on , motor off” , just like that I am driving not gasolin , but its steam. I rolled last meter to my home engine off, because engine stopped , clutch switched .
Situation now is that I filler up my TDM 900 but it won’t start, tank is near full . Everything else is working normally , engine is spinning while start button is pushed , TDM drive computer looks normally no error codes and engine light act normally ,but TDM is not running, it won’t start.

Things what I have look
- Air filter is clean or almost clean.
- Bensin is smelling after long long starting.
- I Tried to check spark plugs, but after removing TDMs upper plastic, its very small and narrow hole where I can even see spark plug.
-
what can I do
- how to check these spark plugs , I am normal guy with normal hand, do I have to remove cooling system parts that I have more space to check spark plugs. Can I find detailed instructions somewhere

Open minded
- Diesel cars needs some actions if diesel runs out , is these similar things in fuel injection motors that I have to remove air from system.

What do you say about idea that I insert gasoline directly to inside air-filter intake , these two tubes from airfilter to “motor”, this is old method to start carburetor engines , but I don’t know these fuel injection motors , like that 900TDM can I do that.

Thank you in advance

// Marko

PS: sorry my bad english ,I'm in garage with couple of beers and my broken TDM and tomorrow forecast says nice weather

#4 Marron

Marron

discovering Carpe

• 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:41 pm

spark plugs changed and motor started normally.

#5 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:39 pm

QUOTE(Marron @ Mon 10th May 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
spark plugs changed and motor started normally.

Good news. Faulty plug(s) or just flooded do you reckon?

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users