24 replies to this topic

#21 spike240

spike240

really likes Carpe

• 91 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 March 2020 - 07:21 pm

Hi.
I have been following this thread as I wanted to change the fluid in the ABS unit of my TDM. I ordered the coupling cable from Fowlers and it came today. So completed the job this afty. A quick thank you to all the folk that contributed to the thread.
Atb

#22 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:09 am

ABS codes should be in the manuals? Does this help at all?

4. The ABS warning light "1 " flashes and a malfunction code "2" is indicated on the multi-function display when the test coupler adapter "3" is connected to the ABS test coupler "4" for troubleshooting the ABS.
The ABS test coupler can be accessed by removing the left inner panel (front cowling). When the test coupler adapter is connected to the ABS test coupler, the ABS warning light starts flashing and the multi-function display indicates all the malfunction codes recorded in the ABS ECU.

Test coupler adapter
90890-03149

NOTE:
The ABS warning light comes on or flashes if the vehicle is ridden with the test coupler adapter connected to the ABS test coupler.

• Disgnosis indication
The place where the ABS diagnosis code is displayed is also used for the indication of the Fl diagnosis code, odometer, trip meter and fuel trip.
As the priority level of indication, the diagnosis code for Fl is the first and the diagnosis code for ABS is the second.
Accordingly, the ABS diagnosis code is not displayed during the diagnosis for Fl.
NOTE:
It shall not be in the diagnosis mode for Fl.

Just remembered why I'm a confirmed luddite!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#23 Fcoy

Fcoy

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 April 2020 - 04:49 pm

Thanks for all the info folks. After bypassing the abs for the rear brake it is clearly an abs fault and I think that the piston there has somehow stuck in the closed port position so that no fluid can pass through to the rear brake. I have done a low speed road test and both brakes are working fine and no warning lights either. Lots of Yamaha replacement abs units on ebay but none that I can confirm as compatable so for now I have a 900a with no abs on the rear wheel. Still considering what exactly that means if I ever grab a handfull!

#24 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 April 2020 - 05:02 pm

Thanks for all the info folks. After bypassing the abs for the rear brake it is clearly an abs fault and I think that the piston there has somehow stuck in the closed port position so that no fluid can pass through to the rear brake. I have done a low speed road test and both brakes are working fine and no warning lights either. Lots of Yamaha replacement abs units on ebay but none that I can confirm as compatable so for now I have a 900a with no abs on the rear wheel. Still considering what exactly that means if I ever grab a handfull!

someone within the last fortnoight had a similar issue and they took it ferra decent spin and it sort of reset itself.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:12 pm

Is it the rear caliper for and abs model you're after ?

https://www.gn-moto....le-avecabs.html

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rear brake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users