#21 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:44 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Fri 29th Jun 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still on original screen, I can only ride with wing down flat. Tomorrow I hope to clear and re-shape that air slot at bottom of screen. Fit Loobman as well, If it does'nt piss down on me again.

Loobman seems like a nice piece of low-tech equipment. Do you think you could put up a few pics so we can see how and where you fit it? I am seriously thinking of getting one for my 900...
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#22 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:50 pm

Regarding screens...:
I'm still searching for the best possible solution for me and SECDEM seems to be the best so far.
But then I came across ERMAX... Didn't think twice, just ordered one. And now a ERMAX db screen is on it's way. I'll let you all know how it works as soon as I've roadtested it...
TDM 900 2006 mod.:
MRA modded PUIG screen, air-box mod., Laser Duo-Tech cans, Powercommander, Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater, Stebel Magnum (black), Centech AP-1 Auxiliary Fuse Panel, Hawkeoiler...

#23 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:39 pm

Ok, AJ. I hope to get a chance to do a few jobs tomorrow, weather permitting. Photos when I'm happy with everything.

#24 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:49 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Fri 29th Jun 2007, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, AJ. I hope to get a chance to do a few jobs tomorrow, weather permitting. Photos when I'm happy with everything.

Sounds good! good.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#25 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:55 pm

ya i found riding with winglet down was best. will experiment some more and report back Sir.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#26 Quiptix

Quiptix

really likes Carpe

• 93 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:18 am

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Fri 29th Jun 2007, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regarding screens...:
I'm still searching for the best possible solution for me and SECDEM seems to be the best so far.
But then I came across ERMAX... Didn't think twice, just ordered one. And now a ERMAX db screen is on it's way. I'll let you all know how it works as soon as I've roadtested it...

I'm really interested in your findings. Especially I'm a bit tall, so keep us informed like the way you do, please!

Vincent
Vincent

#27 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:00 pm

QUOTE(Quiptix @ Sun 1st Jul 2007, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really interested in your findings. Especially I'm a bit tall, so keep us informed like the way you do, please!
Vincent

I will good.gif
And I'll take a few shots as well, to show you how it looks cool.gif
I expect the new ERMAX to arrive early next week.

And to you Vincent, Welcome to the world of useful / useless (take you pick...) world of knowledge - Carpe-TDM rotflmmfao.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#28 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:19 pm

Which model Ermax did you order?

Double bubble?

Or their "High Protection" screen?

I think both are very noisy if you're a bit tall, still curious to how you'll compare them.

MRA also seems to have different screens I've not read about. Beside the MRA varioscreen they have a double bubble racing screen which seems higher than others:

A MRA Sportscreen with spoiler:

The +145mm MRA Touring screen:

And as reference the MRA varioscreen:

Emile
www.piloot.com
'80 Honda CB400T Hawk, '92 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion, '90 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, '92 Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European, '00 BMW R1150GS ABS, '04 Yamaha XP500i T-max, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, '06 Yamaha TDM900A GT, '02 Honda ST1300A Pan European

#29 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:27 pm

[quote name='E-njoy' date='Sun 1st Jul 2007, 04:04 PM' post='46025']
Which model Ermax did you order?

Double bubble?

This one, yes...

I think both are very noisy if you're a bit tall, still curious to how you'll compare them.

MRA also seems to have different screens I've not read about. Beside the MRA varioscreen they have a double bubble racing screen which seems higher than others:

I have one of these, but it looks like that the one of the photo is a newer version (bigger bubble, it seems...)
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#30 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:12 pm

So if you have a double bubble (secdem, and an MRA as well?), why did you order one that's almost identical?
Emile
www.piloot.com
'80 Honda CB400T Hawk, '92 Yamaha XJ600S Diversion, '90 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast, '92 Honda ST1100ABSTCS Pan European, '00 BMW R1150GS ABS, '04 Yamaha XP500i T-max, '01 Triumph Sprint ST 955i, '06 Yamaha TDM900A GT, '02 Honda ST1300A Pan European

#31 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:35 pm

QUOTE(E-njoy @ Sun 1st Jul 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So if you have a double bubble (secdem, and an MRA as well?), why did you order one that's almost identical?

Well, almost identical, yes. But still different; the bubble shape is different, the width and height (tallness) is different and there is i fact differences in how they work, INMHO.
Besides, they all look different.. cool.gif Why not spoil the bike a little?

I also have a MRA Vario, as you know, but compared to the two db screens I have it makes more noise, vibrates a lot more and does not protect me any better from the weather and wind. There's also less buffeting behind MRA and Secdem db screens; the latter being the best of the two.
Why Ermax? Because of this: Info on Ermax UK site...

I can afford it, so why not try it...? wink.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#32 Quiptix

Quiptix

really likes Carpe

• 93 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:27 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Sun 1st Jul 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, almost identical, yes. But still different; the bubble shape is different, the width and height (tallness) is different and there is i fact differences in how they work, INMHO.
Besides, they all look different.. cool.gif Why not spoil the bike a little?

I also have a MRA Vario, as you know, but compared to the two db screens I have it makes more noise, vibrates a lot more and does not protect me any better from the weather and wind. There's also less buffeting behind MRA and Secdem db screens; the latter being the best of the two.
Why Ermax? Because of this: Info on Ermax UK site...

I can afford it, so why not try it...? wink.gif

The info on their site is helpful. I'm glad somebody can afford this kind of testing. To be honest, I'm not! I own a vario now, and you're right about the protection and the noise. Although I can only compare it with the Yamaha std screen and big touring screen.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm reading this forum almost for a year now, but indeed it was my first post! cool.gif
Vincent

#33 Guest_whisty4760_*

Guest_whisty4760_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:04 pm

Was going to try the SECDEM screen like AJ's as we are the same height, but then saw yet another mra screen version - see here:

http://www.bikehps.c..._Yamaha_12.html
(scroll right to the bottom of the page - last screen)
Looks like an interesting design - flattened top, airscoop at the front...

Anybody tried one? Also a more reasonable price than the SECDEM here in the UK (£62.40 rather than around £83 before shipping).

Edited by whisty4760, 02 July 2007 - 08:55 pm.

#34 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:22 pm

This type of windscreen was developed for GP racing and is used by many including Max Biaggi and Carlos Checa. Shaped like the original at the base but with an additional 3-5cm bubble in the middle, they take the wind pressure off your helmet and upper body.

I love that, since when did max or carlos ride TDMs.

#35 Quiptix

Quiptix

really likes Carpe

• 93 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:50 pm

QUOTE(whisty4760 @ Mon 2nd Jul 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was going to try the SECDEM screen like AJ's as we are the same height, but then saw yet another mra screen version - see here:

http://www.bikehps.c..._Yamaha_12.html
(scroll right to the bottom of the page - last screen)
Looks like an interesting design - flattened top, airscoop at the front...

Anybody tried one? Also a more reasonable price than the SECDEM here in the UK (£62.40 rather than around £83 before shipping).

I'm not sure if you can trust this somehow... Why? There is no reference at MRA itself...

I hope, I'm wrong there...

Vincent
Vincent

#36 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:33 pm

QUOTE(Quiptix @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure if you can trust this somehow... Why? There is no reference at MRA itself...

I hope, I'm wrong there...

Vincent

I got my new ERMAX double bubble screen in the mail today. I looks very good, good build and was very happy once I opened the package an realized that ERMAX obvioulsy have decided not to decorate it with colorful ERMAX logos all over it tongue.gif

More info and photos later once I have it fitted on the bike cool.gif
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#37 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:07 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my new ERMAX double bubble screen in the mail today. I looks very good, good build and was very happy once I opened the package an realized that ERMAX obvioulsy have decided not to decorate it with colorful ERMAX logos all over it tongue.gif

AJ how many screens do you own now ???

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#38 AJ_Blizzard

AJ_Blizzard

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:52 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AJ how many screens do you own now ???

He-he-he... The Mulla is wondering how many screens I own... Hm... Let me see...
Here's one... and, yes! Here's another one!
And let me look under this pile of paper... Ah yes! There's one here, too rolleyes.gif
And I almost forgot; there is a MRA Vario-Touring lying around somewhere in the garage biggrin.gif

Ok, let's get serious for a moment, shall we?
I own a MRA double bubble, a SECDEM double bubble, a MRA Vario, a Yamaha tall touring with MRA spoiler bit fitted (took it off though because the turb and buff got unbearable...) and finally this nice little ERMAX db screen with six airflow holes right in front of the "bubble" - formed as a V (for victory? = the best TDM screen ever made?).
TDM 900 2006 mod.:

#39 Quiptix

Quiptix

really likes Carpe

• 93 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:22 pm

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pfff.. No colourful logo's...
I cannot wait to hear your experience!

Vincent
Vincent

#40 E-njoy

E-njoy

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:00 am

QUOTE(AJ_Blizzard @ Tue 3rd Jul 2007, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a MRA double bubble, a SECDEM double bubble, a MRA Vario, a Yamaha tall touring with MRA spoiler bit fitted (took it off though because the turb and buff got unbearable...) and finally this nice little ERMAX db screen with six airflow holes right in front of the "bubble" - formed as a V (for victory? = the best TDM screen ever made?).

So you haven't got the original Yamaha screen? And the "inlet" are just these 6 little holes they drilled in? Couldn't you just have drilled those holes in your MRA / Secdem? Or is it a significant other shape than those db's?

For myself I would be afraid this screen would be too low on the sides, so too much airblast pushing against the shoulders. Perhaps you can compose a comparison picture of all your screens next to each other? rolleyes.gif
Emile
www.piloot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users