• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BighugeMonkeysuit

BighugeMonkeysuit

sticking around

• 28 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:58 pm

Evening all. First eff up on my bike yesterday evening. I got flashed by a gatso! I know the road very well and am certain i was doing 30 on the way in, i was doing 36/37 after i noticed i got flashed so i guess i triggered somewhere around half way through which i didnt think was possible..

Anywho, am i on probation having passed my A2 in september although holding a car liscence for 8 years? Do i get the option of going on the speed awareness course and avoiding the points or am I boned? I think i was out of the speed marks by the time i got flashed so I might be lucky and nothing will come of it.

#2 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:13 pm

If it was a big square yellow one and you got flashed once you might be OK, it needs to flash you twice to get time and distance.

I have been double flashed when well under the limit by faulty cameras so that is also a possibility.

Indicated 36/7 means actual road speed was probably nearer 32/34 mph, which I would have thought would not trigger the camera. They are there mostly to catch loonies not those a couple of mph over.

IIRC if you've not heard within 14 days you are OK.

Good luck

Mick 

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#3 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:00 am

If they have nabbed you you might get the choice of the driver training. Costs £60 (I think) and half a day of your time but if you're worried it's a good way of keeping the points off your license.

#4 BighugeMonkeysuit

BighugeMonkeysuit

sticking around

• 28 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:07 pm

Definitely worth it if I'm on probation and I only get 6 points! Not to mention the insurance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users