6 replies to this topic

#1 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:04 pm

Why is it that some car drivers don't know what their mirrors are for?

Long stretch of dead straight and level road on my way home from work yesterday. 60 mph limit, small van with trailor doing around 40 with 2 cars behind and good gaps between them all.

So I think, right I'll overtake, so I

a) wait until there is suffient space to overtake at least the 2 cars first, or all 3.

b) check my right mirror,

c) pop on my right indicator, do a quick blindspot check,

d) open the throttle

e) move out

So why why why did the first car move out to overtake also, but just as I was going to overtake him, which resulted in a some braking, extensive swearing and light flashing and then being stuck behind van for next 8 miles?

I wouldn't have minded, I'd already being following this lot for a mile, mile and half possibily, and this car driver obviously had no idea I was there at all.

That made me irritated.

#2 Mark1aa

Mark1aa

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:09 pm

That's when you do get past .
,i make sure the driver sees me shake my head as i past them and point to my mirror,
That's the polite version.

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:34 pm

Why is it that some car drivers don't know what their mirrors are for?

I am sure they do but don't use them cous they might miss something important on their mobiles. :)

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:16 pm

Well they might of known you were there and just didnt want you passing them, it happens,, Twats.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:55 am

I did do quite an obviously angry head shake, and wanted to catch him up to point at the mirror, but didn't have another chance to get past the van. Funnily enough I thought at the time he was probably on his phone. The amount of car drivers I see doing that. He probably didn't want me to get past, worried that he wouldn't be able to. Tosser.

#6 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,512 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:59 pm

Sometimes there are certain car drivers I want in front of me and not behind.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#7 butcher650

butcher650

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:09 am

I totally agree with that in some cases, this guy was probably better off in front of me. Easier to give him suggestive hand signals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users