26 replies to this topic

#21 JollyGiant

JollyGiant

Crap Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:25 pm

The white van in front of the artic slowed to take the slip road and caught the artic driver out but that is obscured by you being alongside the trailer-see how it was no longer in front of the artic when you got past.
Rather than loose momentum and dab the brakes (you could smoke the tyres in those conditions and stay relatively straight; or he was being ultra careful) ,he veered into your lane without indicating (no time); probably glanced initially and did not see you due to low sun angle.
When he checked again, by that time cutting you up, he realised his mistake;that is an apology wave, not an angry shake by the look of things.

Nowt wrong with the footage at all IMHO.

This 100%. You did seem to shifting a bit too as you closed on him very quickly.

Also he did leave you enough room as he only pulled half way into your side of the carriage way. Not a good move cos he couldn't be arsed to turn his cruise control off!

I always ride as if nobody has seen me esp artic's as we are so small when you are sat in the cab.

Edited by JollyGiant, 21 December 2013 - 09:07 pm.

My Super Modded TDM has gone to a new home :(

I'm now a carbon whore!

#22 JBX

JBX

full o shoite

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 2,206 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:24 am

Pessimism = optimism + knowledge

top_640.png

#23 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:11 am

More like

Pessimism =    Optimism  /   Knowledge

:rolleyes:

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#24 PassTheBuck

PassTheBuck

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:21 pm

Lorry Drivers fault for me too, just because he needs to pull out does'nt mean he has to. I have had this more times than I'd like to remember doing more than 30000 mls a year in van, car and on me bikes. They (lorry drivers) do get a bad press but they don't help themselves.

Buck

#25 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:09 pm

Gone are the days when they could be called 'Kings of the Road', as far as I'm concerned.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#26 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:09 pm

Don't matter who is in the right, we still go SPLAT ! and end up in a body bag.

They just hear a slight thump sitting in their armoured side impact protected, with air bags, steel box.

Keep yer eyes peeled, ride as safe as we can.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#27 PassTheBuck

PassTheBuck

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:42 pm

Agree wi that Lee , eyes in your arse and the back o yer head !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users