1 reply to this topic

#1 RolfieB

RolfieB

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:18 pm

Whilst out with TYREDNGRUMPEE yesterday & having a break. The topic of conversation turned to the state of our roads, compared to our continental cousins.

I mentioned a stretch of the M5 south between junction 19 & 20 which was particularly bad.

Low & behold today I was down Taunton so went through this stretch.

The potholes have been filled, but to be honest the repairs really don't seem much better.

I have noticed actually, in my locality that a lot of the repairs seem to be no better than the holes that were there.

So what gives. I seem to remember as a youngster that if parts of the road were dug up, the ensuing repair was very good & travelling over the patch was hardly noticeable. Someone also inspected the work.

Is it just a case now of chucking a bit of Asphalt into the hole & saying "that will do".

Does anyone even check repairs nowadays?

I'm starting to believe that being blind is a pre-requesite to working for the Highways.

Now I just fly everywhere.

Be yourself, because everybody else is taken.

Gone to new owner.

Black Mk2a

PipeWerx Exhaust, Gold Spots, Goodridge Hoses, Scottoiler,Oil Pressure Indicator, Nippy Normans fuze box,Touratech Handguards,Oxford Heated Grips, Power Socket, Hard Wiring for Sat Nav, Gear Indicator built into the rev counter. Givi E50 Top box & E21 side cases, Bagster Tank Cover & Bag.

#2 Chris

Chris

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:27 am

You should feel lucky they do anything!

If they bother here in Ireland, they fill it with Cocopops & leave alone.

I've even seen one crew batting it down with the back of a shovel!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users