Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:36 pm

laugh.gif

Glad to see you aint lost the British sense of humour !

England doesn't really exist any more so it's the British you need to blame smile.gif

Mother nature hasn't been kind to you guys these past few years, I hope things improve for ya.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#122 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:26 pm

Being part Irish & Scots (but 100% Aus) it has to the Poms I'm have a go at, besides isn't QEII called the Queen of England tongue.gif

the Weather Channel is saying the flooding is now an area the size of France

Edited by Trotski, 01 March 2012 - 08:29 pm.

Trotski

All ways remember, A Pessimist Is Never Disappointed

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250
1999 Baltic Blue TDM 850 2010 Black TDM900

#123 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:53 pm

QUOTE(Trotski @ Thu 1st Mar 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being part Irish & Scots (but 100% Aus) it has to the Poms I'm have a go at, besides isn't QEII called the Queen of England tongue.gif
the Weather Channel is saying the flooding is now an area the size of France

Pity it isn't France. rotflmmfao.gif

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#124 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:20 pm

Don't get me started on the French laugh.gif

More Rain on the way

My Driveway is suffering a bit

I'm going to need a Bobcat to fix this

the perils of living in the Bush

And I'm up on top of the mountain range so I'm only getting what is falling on me, the poor buggers downstream are really getting hammered, over 700 people evacuated from their homes in Cooma alone more in other towns downstream.
Trotski

'98 CT200P AutoAg , '93 Purple Kawasaki ZZR 250, 2004 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250 2005 Black Kawasaki ZZR 250

#125 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:55 am

You want to construct an 'Irish Bridge' when you redo the area where the water runs.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#126 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:06 pm

after Checking the Long range forecasts, the weekends with the least probability of rain are next weekend and the weekend of 23-26 Mar (28 day rain forecast on Elders Rural).
Given the conditions of the roads right now I don't think that clearing will have happened by next weekend , I'm in the position to take a couple of days leave as I require, but as others may not, we'll need some discussion.

Easter Weekend is on 6-9 Apr and to my mind is not a good time to be on the road.

some possibilities are 23-26Mar, 30 Mar-2Apr , 13-16 Apr , and just to throw in a wild card ANZAC day is a Wednesday so if you can arrange time off maybe 21-24Apr or 26-29 Apr (you can see my Fav)

the Weather gets frosty around ANZAC day but is generally dry, however a few years ago I was caught in a snow storm on the Alpine way while riding on ANZAC day, as shown recently my ability to pick the weather lately has been questionable, so lets have your thoughts on the best date to reschedule remembering that the conditions after the middle of May get more "Scottish" by the day.
Trotski

#127 merlot

merlot

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:25 am

this was broken hill a few days ago....still raining now and most roads out are cut....can still get to mildura tho

sorry to hear of the cancellation but if its rescheduled before anzac day i'll be able to attend ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
he who dies with the most toys wins

#128 brentong

brentong

sticking around

• 36 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:22 am

Being a born optimist i headed off at 6am Thursday morning.
Decided to stay south of the border to avoid the wet and that was ok until after Echuca. Made it to Yarawonga but was sick of riding through water so found a good pub ( the Terminus if your ever caught in a flood in Yarawonga.) Had to use the same detour back through NSW to get out again and decided to head south. even that was difficult. Western Victoria is bloody flat so I went to the Grampians to find some corners. It was raining there too. stopped over in Hamilton and got the pub from Hell. Never stay in a pub with band posters on the doors and windows. the band finished at 12 but the music continued until about 5AM right underneath my room.(you don't just need ear plugs for when you are riding)Got back today and found a little bit of blue sky just east of Adelaide so had a bit of a fang through my local roads. 2200 k over the three days and two days of leave left that i will probably need to spend cleaning the bike.
Good luck with choosing the next date i am unlikely to be able to make it. The Elders rural forecast predicted this weather 28 days ago so is not a bad tool for helping to choose a date.
I next plan to be over that way in June and will be aiming for the Tumut area but that will be weather dependent.

#129 graeme

graeme

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:45 am

QUOTE(brentong @ Sat 3rd Mar 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Decided to stay south of the border to avoid the wet and that was ok until after Echuca. Made it to Yarawonga but was sick of riding through water so found a good pub ( the Terminus if your ever caught in a flood in Yarawonga.) Had to use the same detour back through NSW to get out again and decided to head south. even that was difficult. Western Victoria is bloody flat so I went to the Grampians to find some corners. It was raining there too. stopped over in Hamilton and got the pub from Hell. Never stay in a pub with band posters on the doors and windows. the band finished at 12 but the music continued until about 5AM right underneath my room.(you don't just need ear plugs for when you are riding)Got back today and found a little bit of blue sky just east of Adelaide so had a bit of a fang through my local roads. 2200 k over the three days and two days of leave left that i will probably need to spend cleaning the bike.
Good luck with choosing the next date i am unlikely to be able to make it. The Elders rural forecast predicted this weather 28 days ago so is not a bad tool for helping to choose a date.
I next plan to be over that way in June and will be aiming for the Tumut area but that will be weather dependent.

Glad you got home ok, you could easy have been stranded. At least you had a ride!
cheers Graeme

#130 AzzA

AzzA

Knows more than an horses arse!

• 1,548 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:09 pm

QUOTE(brentong @ Sat 3rd Mar 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got to admit... I was beginning to think the more disappointing, but not the worst, when I couldn't raise you on the phone.

We were all dressed, bar helmets and jackets, and ready to go... when Michelle from Southern Cross range. It becomes quite clear that when the people making money from your ventures are politely declining the privilege that perhaps you should refrain.

It was one of the definitive "oh bollocks" moments... and I had no Minties!! (We'd packed them somewhere in one of six cases.)

So I made some calls and we got to where we are.

Glad you ended up up safe and didn't get stuck somewhere for the duration.

Looking at what has transpired since, I should have gone with my gut... and headed for the Clare Valley, since we were all ready to go somewhere... they got an inch of rain on the Thursday but barely a drop since. ranting.gif

First day out of summer and it all broke loose! Could have been worse though, at least we weren't under it... unlike the poor sods that are. I don't envy them at all and my heart goes out to those that have lost... let's hope it's another two hundred years before the next deluge.

gallery_10460_302_12664.png

#131 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:33 pm

QUOTE(Trotski @ Sat 3rd Mar 2012, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Easter Weekend is on 6-9 Apr and to my mind is not a good time to be on the road.

some possibilities are 23-26Mar, 30 Mar-2Apr , 13-16 Apr , and just to throw in a wild card ANZAC day is a Wednesday so if you can arrange time off maybe 21-24Apr or 26-29 Apr

Well chaps, i feel if we don't make a decision about rescheduling soon we'll lose the impetus the LR forecast has 23-26Mar as a Medium Chance of Rain (50-75% of rain somewhere in the district) which usually means scattered Thunderstorms in the Afternoons (but who bloody knows in these troubled times)the rest of the month has high probability (greater than 75%)
I am leaning towards the weekend before ANZAC day, ie gather at Berridale on Sat- 2days to ride around then home and recover on ANZAC day.

I don't feel comfortable unilaterally making this decision can I get some input from other people please

Edited by Trotski, 03 March 2012 - 08:34 pm.

Trotski

#132 aussie9

aussie9

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:32 pm

My calendar for the next 4 months is very full with family commitments and other rides already organized. Not forgetting WORK!
The ability to snag another 4 day weekend is pretty much shot. tdown.gif
So I must leave the choice of date to those who CAN get there. Sorry.

My only hope is for a clear weekend and I can scoot up on the Saturday, share a feed and get to meet you all, and home on Sunday.

Failing a reschedule, anything after September should be easy to get to.

Edited by aussie9, 03 March 2012 - 11:51 pm.

Ian
miles <===> smiles

#133 majormitch

majormitch

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:25 am

QUOTE(aussie9 @ Sun 4th Mar 2012, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My calendar for the next 4 months is very full with family commitments and other rides already organized. Not forgetting WORK!

My only hope is for a clear weekend and I can scoot up on the Saturday, share a feed and get to meet you all, and home on Sunday.

Bring the new kid on the block I am a bit reluctant to put my two bobs worth in. The Ulysses club has their get together at Mildura on 31 march 01 april. Given a choice I would go to a TDM get together. So I am suggesting this weekend or as soon as possible after that before the weather starts to cool off too much.....Mitch.

#134 PostmanPat

PostmanPat

sticking around

• 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:41 am

QUOTE(aussie9 @ Sun 4th Mar 2012, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm--logging on here only every two months (or 4,or 9...) probably isn't often enough.
I only remembered that TDUT 2012 was due around now this morning blush.gif

On the plus side,it was 37 degrees down through Mt Beauty and Falls Creek on the way to the Superbikes last week--top ride.
Sunday night onwards though...half a tree came down during Sunday's storm,right where 3 of our group's bikes had been parked all weekend at Cowes.
For some reason,they'd decided to use the other side of the driveway that afternoon when they returned from the track--lucky...
We cancelled Monday's accom at Mt Beauty and went to Eden instead--still finished with a written-off R1200GS (my 05 TDM had no dramas,of course).

New chain and sprockets,plus some fresh oil and filter for the grey 05 on Friday--no wash yet.
Now I've just gotta pack up the old blue 02 TDM and try to find somewhere dry--(supposed to be camping down the Barry Way next weekend)--still have a week off work.

Not a great weekend down the Snowies--the Ducati rally was at Jindabyne,Khancoban had a bike festival,and the Ulysses club had a rally at Tallangatta--someone's gunna be wet...(like my never-leaked-a-drop-in-15-years Goretex boots,which died on Monday,and are _still_ drying out...)

#135 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:10 am

QUOTE(Trotski @ Sun 4th Mar 2012, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am leaning towards the weekend before ANZAC day, ie gather at Berridale on Sat- 2days to ride around then home and recover on ANZAC day.

I don't feel comfortable unilaterally making this decision can I get some input from other people please

Weekend before ANZAC is good, best, for me too. RDO on the Monday, low schedule load on the Tuesday, and public holiday on the Wednesday. I might even take the Friday before off to get a boogie on. smile.gif So 2 days leave equals 6 days off straight. biggrin.gif

EDIT: Just checked and the lodge is available for those dates, at the moment.

Edited by AzzA, 04 March 2012 - 02:13 am.

#136 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:27 am

Right, as the lodge is available for the weekend before ANZAC day, let's do it then, a shame of course that some of us won't be able to get time off .

here's hoping the weather cooperates
Trotski

#137 aussie9

aussie9

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 62 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:54 am

Based around the weekend of April 21-22 it is then. good.gif

With what I"m doing the weekend prior and the weekend after this date I should still be able to fit in a flying visit on the Saturday night.
Just in time for the banquet drinks.gif and war stories of the day's adventures, and of course the group photo.
If the Sunday loop is on the westerly side of base camp I might be able to ride some of the day with you before heading off home.

Just an idea.
Ian
miles <===> smiles

#138 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:33 am

Shall I start the proposals for the itinerary then?

OPTION #1

Fri 20th......Ride in
Sat 21st......Ride in......Check-in to lodge
Sun 22nd......Ride #1
Mon 23rd......Ride #2
Tue: 24th......Ride out......Check-out of lodge
Wed 25th......Ride out

Or:

OPTION #2

Fri 20th......Ride in......Check-in to lodge
Sat 21st......Ride #1
Sun 22nd......Ride #2
Mon 23rd......Ride out......Check-out of lodge
Tue: 24th......Ride out
Wed 25th......Ride out

Or:

OPTION #3

Fri 20th......Ride in......Check-in to lodge
Sat 21st......Ride #1
Sun 22nd......Ride #2
Mon 23rd......Free Ride - Chill-Out - Fettle Day
Tue: 24th......Ride out......Check-out of lodge
Wed 25th......Ride out

Or:

Your suggestions please. (Feel free to copy, paste, and edit.)

I like OPTION 3; it offers a bit more flexibility to swap ride days to suit the weather and still gives time for any distance riders to get home without busting a gut. Also a bit more flexibility for anyone that can't make it on one day but can on another/others.

Same deal for the cost splitting of the lodge:
The lodge is 4 en suite bedrooms sleeping a max of 5 pax each, with a shared kitchen and lounge area. Rooms are 1x double bed and 3 singles bunks.
Get in early for a double!
The negotiated deal is for 12 pax, a fee of $10 per night per extra pax applies.
$350** per night for 12 people is good. (** This figure may be revised due to seasonal rates, I'm waiting for confirmation.)
25% of cost per room, one is already gone, with the remaining % cost split evenly between the remaining pax.
e.g.
If we get 6 (plus me) turn up for a 4 night stay, it come to $175 each (total).
If we get 6 (plus me) turn up for a 3 night stay, it come to $132 each (total).

#139 Trotski

Trotski

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:05 am

Option 3 looks good to me
Trotski

#140 AzzA

AzzA

• 1,548 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:45 pm

Rx'd reply from Southern Cross:

"
We have managed to survive all the floods unscathed – there are still a few roads closed in the area due to road damage and Lake Jindabyne has taken over quite a bit of extra space!

The Lodge is available from 20th April – there is a slight price increase due to the NSW School Holidays - $380.00 per night in the Lodges, and $95.00 per night for the Motel Rooms.

Let us know as soon as you have worked out dates and we will book you in.
"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users