#81 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 June 2021 - 10:48 pm

Hoo humm. Done a bit o reading and seems no stop solenoid on hdi....is signal from ECU. But fuel pressure regulator needs to be within certain parameters before enjun will stop ....maybe
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#82 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,354 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:42 am

Ah yes HDI, totally different beast as common rail not old school.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#83 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 26 June 2021 - 10:23 am

Peat,  Is Le Slug HDI then?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#84 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:16 am

Have you tried googling the fault code/message ?  What is the fault code Daps ?

Found this, suggesting it's a faulty regulator causing the overrun.  http://www.bba-reman...Topic29442.aspx

wot sez..."hi gents dislexic prof hear.the reason the engine runs on is indeed the pressure reg.bosch c/rail  cp1 pumps pump at max pressure and the reg controls this down to required presure.when ign switched off p/reg power is cut,thus pressure should drop imeadatley.the injectors keep firing till presure drops below 110bar.if u remove the p/reg u will find the filter on the end of reg is choked causing presure to decay slowley and engine to run on:"

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#85 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 11:37 am

You need one like this.

Attached File  fault code.jpg   32.1KB   0 downloads

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#86 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:24 pm

◉‿◉

Slug 67hp (or it was 21years ago) of DW8..

Pug hdi

Good point SR. I didn't Google the text and no code appeared on screen but I can always have another go with posh plug.

From a quick read yesterday it seems a general electrical fault in certain loom(s) can also cause this problem.

Still don't know for sure if hdi has stop solenoid...some of them are armoured (built into the fuel pump!!!!). And have read about many hours with disc cutter to access. So hopefully it doesn't and it isn't.

Plan of attack,

check various underneath car loom connectors for corrosion.

Remove fuel pressure regulator and clean or replace.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#87 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:07 pm

Ignore my previous mention of stop solenoid, I was tinking of old school injector pump, I have no clues about common rail setup.

I know the theory but no practical experience whatsoever.

Theory= Shitloads of pressure-electronic injectors- magic tells them when and how long to open!

Magic work on the magic smoke dragon, when the smoke escapes from component it no longer works.....

I've been to the pub can you tell?

#88 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:09 pm

Not really. That is my sober description. ◉‿◉

#89 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 06:46 pm

I'll go back to the pub and do a proper job then.....

#90 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:38 pm

:lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#91 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 03 July 2021 - 08:23 pm

It's been sat in disgrace for a week. Today thought I'd best start it up and make sure it was still (kinda working) for Tishabelle to use for work...nooooope. Now will not rev over 2500rpm and enjun loight back. Guess rev thing is a limp mode.

Limped to the hanger where it can have a nice rest in a darkened room.

Anyone know of a good Bosch dealer for fuel pressure regulator?

#92 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,440 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:56 am

I know of one in Lowestoft. :lol:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#93 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 02:17 pm

That'll do catte. (‿)

I have invested in a pug406 manual at a vast expense of £4.99. 306 manual doesn't cover hdi enjun at all. 406 does. Go figure!

#94 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 10:37 am

So the 406 manual arrived, I awaited it's in depth knowledge of the fuel pressure regulator on the hdi.. and...I quote ..

"The fuel pressure control valve is integral with the high-pressure fuel pump and cannot be separated".

Wellll thanks.

I found the part number off old one and went to Bosch..."sorry guv discontinued". But still on eBay so thought noubt to lose.

Only took a month to find the time to replace but just finished and test drove. Was optimistic when old un removed. Has tiny Lille filter on end that has started to unravel.

The month did include other bits like fuel filter and the other delights found along the way.

#95 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 09:19 pm

Got there in the end Daps. :badgerrock: Wel done.

#96 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 06:29 pm

So my first full year of Pug maintenance complete and the cars second ever MOT test without any advisories...the first one being in 2011. \(°o°)/

There are of course many things left to do besides the basic MOT test proddings.

#97 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 05:44 pm

There are of course many things left to do besides the basic MOT test proddings.

...and some new things. Alternator gave up after 21years. What a terrible design ....simply remove wheel, plastic covers, Pas pump and poipe brackets, drive belt pulleys, expansion tank, oil filter...ermmm yeah that's about it. (●__●)

#98 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,354 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 06:33 pm

If it had packed up a few months ago there was a diesel pug alternator sitting in my shed but it went in the scrap bin at work.

Unlucky.

#99 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 06:42 pm

There are 5 diff types of alternator bolt pattern/amp combos so it prolly wouldn't have fitted but ta. Amazingly the cheapest place for decent replacement was my local Peugeot dealer after a a bit of grovelling I got a mighty discount and no core charge....so the old Juan can go to electrical dept for repair. ♪┌|∵|┘♪ └|∵|┐♪

#100 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:12 pm

There are 5 diff types of alternator bolt pattern/amp combos so it prolly wouldn't have fitted but ta. Amazingly the cheapest place for decent replacement was my local Peugeot dealer after a a bit of grovelling I got a mighty discount and no core charge....so the old Juan can go to electrical dept for repair. ♪┌|∵|┘♪ └|∵|┐♪

I can feel your pain :-)
Had a Talbot 30yrs ago, and upon changing brake pads/shoes I was told there were 3 manufacturers of brake systems fore and 3 aft so 1/9 chance of getting it right before disassembly....
Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users