56 replies to this topic

#1 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:30 pm

I don't like bashing another member, however its been 2 months since I sent my roadlegal silencer to Scottsmith35

basic breakdown

Silencer sent about 20 March 2010, registered delivery

Cheque recieved but bounced

I have asked for another cheque to be sent, but being patient I suggested the end of April as pay days for most people is at the end of the Month.

Basic transcript from 19 April 2010

hi dave just had my bank statement in and it looks like the cheque i sent was returned there was funds available please let me know as soon as poss sorry if it has i will send another cheque if so

scott

Scott, got my bank statement today, and confirm the cheque wasn't cashed and returned to yourself. Can you make arrangements to send another cheque.

Thanks

Dave
yes mate i am ever so sorry

just checking to see if the cheque is in the post, or if you are waiting for pay day before posting.
yes mate if thats ok will be end of month have not forgot im very sorry

4th May

Scott,

Please let me know if you are planning to send me my cheque for £50 or return the Micron exhaust silencer.

Dave
hi yes am sending the cheque in the next few days sorry for delay

13 May

Scott, whats happening, I need to know. my Work is down to 3 days a week, redundancies looming. I need an answer ugerently, whens is the cheque being sent or when is the Micron silencer being returned so I can sell it for money.

Dave.
dave i have sent a cheque so sorry for the delay as i lost my job two weeks ago

So it doesn't look like I will get the cheque for the Silencer or even having the Silencer Returned.

I don't know what will be achieved by posting the the Bashing section.

Ok he has fallen on bad times, he is selling his TDM850 hopefully without my Silencer http://www.carpe-tdm...showtopic=16690 . But I am on a short working week due to the automotive market not picking up, Icould be out of work soon with redundancies.

What do I do, think there is a few option availble. Return my road legal can, send my the cash (cheque) or send my his old Race micron (need to see pics first)

Edited by Daveb, 17 June 2010 - 08:40 pm.

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:37 pm

Sorry to hear that Dave. Hate to hear of things like this happening on our little site where people go out of their way in terms of both time and money to help other members!

He last logged on the 14th May.

Lettuce spray he makes things right.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:07 pm

I agree Dapleb, we all trust each other on here in out little community and help others out where ever possible.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:29 pm

that sucks sad.gif
i know we all like to help people out on this forum, but really shouldnt send out items until funds have cleared

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:36 pm

I know TD, I learnt my lesson, don't trust any one even on here mad.gif .

On the plus side I sold my Rack to Trebor all done the same way sent rack recieved cheque and no problems, Trebor good.gif

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#6 aircooled68

aircooled68

RTT11 Wales manager

• 1,581 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:41 pm

punishment.gif

202323336-M.jpgpost-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:46 pm

What a shitty thing to do eh !

I've never had a problem buying and selling with any members on here. I've trusted others as they have me. That said, I've only ever used Paypal which prolly helps, esp. with new members.

Ya never know, the money might still turn up one day ! unsure.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#8 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:12 pm

It has happened to me before aswell ( but not this guy) I have sent 2 things to 2 different people to try them before they commit to buying only for them to try it & not bother buying. So I have just stopped doing this, shame as I have had people that have been more than helpful to myself.
Hope this gets sorted out .
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#9 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:18 pm

Isn't someone a neighbour of this member and go an knock at his door? i don't mean in a threatening way but as a fellow biker who gives him benefit of the doubt and wants to help rolleyes.gif
Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#10 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:22 pm

That's not good Dave. I sent stuff to at least 2 people and said to send me the money when you receive them, and they have been good. I think we all assume that anyone on Carpe (or any other forum that you use regularly) will treat you the way you would treat them, but it sounds like one person has treated your trust with contempt. He probably has got 'money troubles', but he should be honest with you and either pay you or send it back.

Hope it works out for you Dave and sorry to hear about your possible redundancy... Call up for a coffee and I will sympathise with you! good.gif
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell 1950

#11 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:55 pm

that reminds me.......
I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#12 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:42 pm

He lives in Brighton anyone more local than me?
Could at least collect your can and get it to you eventually.

Mick

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#13 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:19 am

QUOTE(erny @ Mon 24th May 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that reminds me.......

good.gif rotflmmfao.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:28 pm

Last logged in.....TODAY.

Come on chap.....sort it oooooot.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#15 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:33 pm

Maybe we can all help to jog his memory by sending PM's of encouragement.

Edited by muddy, 25 May 2010 - 03:46 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#16 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:50 pm

this happened to me a few years back, he's a fellow Irishman too ! Sent him some 'pillion Luv handles' to try out and had to chase him via PM and email to no avail fer weeks an weeks, eventually a helpful mate on Carpe traced this guy and gave me his home/mobile numbers and even the type of a car he was selling !!! I rang aforementioned Irishman who said the letter must have got lost and he'd 'go down the post office and ask them if anyone had seen it' (cos they prolly only process 2 or 3 postage items a month i suppose..... rolleyes.gif ) eventually he paypalled me the money but it was too much and i had to refund it to him and ring him again to send a lesser/correct amount! Now i'm picky when it comes to who i send stuff to on this or any udder site.

Edited by wicklamulla, 25 May 2010 - 04:50 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#17 Guest_Matt_G_*

Guest_Matt_G_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:13 pm

QUOTE(muddy @ Tue 25th May 2010, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we can all help to jog his memory by sending PM's of encouragement.

I did and he says he sent the cheque last week.

Incidentally, I didn't know you could block PMs from another member!

#18 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:53 pm

QUOTE(Matt_G @ Tue 25th May 2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing in the post from last week until today.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#19 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:50 pm

laugh.gif

Was that a subtle hint !

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#20 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:32 pm

he cant block me dry.gif

Dave, have you had a response from him within the last week?

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users