Daveb

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:21 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 25th May 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he cant block me dry.gif

Dave, have you had a response from him within the last week?

nope, last communication was 13 May 2010.

unless you count the reply to Matt_G email, and banning him from PMs

Edited by Daveb, 26 May 2010 - 07:22 am.

1999 TDM850 MKII Black, Silver (Sold)
2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#22 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:09 pm

QUOTE(TDMTAM @ Mon 24th May 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has happened to me before aswell ( but not this guy) I have sent 2 things to 2 different people to try them before they commit to buying only for them to try it & not bother buying. So I have just stopped doing this, shame as I have had people that have been more than helpful to myself.
Hope this gets sorted out .
TAM

I'm one of those two.
Sincere appologies Tam totally got lost in all the other things that have happened over the past couple of years. Money in the post plus a drink or two.

Bondy

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:52 am

you dodgy bugger. laugh.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 scottsmith35

scottsmith35

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:18 pm

hello chaps cheque has been sent and yes money problems thanks

#25 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:34 pm

QUOTE(scottsmith35 @ Thu 27th May 2010, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello chaps cheque has been sent and yes money problems thanks

Perhaps a full explanation of ya circumstances and maybe sending the item back may have stopped this thread being started and any embarrassment being caused

Might make it harder to get help in the future IMHO

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#26 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:50 pm

Cheque was here when I got home tonight.

thanks

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

#27 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:14 pm

Glad you got your cheque Dave. good.gif
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell 1950

#28 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:40 pm

With a bit of good ol' fashioned forthrightness, this silly situation could've been avoided. Nowt as strange as folk, as the saying goes!

Edited by muddy, 27 May 2010 - 09:45 pm.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#29 Guest_Matt_G_*

Guest_Matt_G_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:00 pm

Excellent!

Sorry Scottsmith35 if you felt we were badgering you but how would you have felt if the situation was reversed?

I'm very glad all has been resolved.

Matt

#30 erny

erny

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:16 pm

I used to mod a large gamers forum and it got torn apart by an act of misplaced trust.
I've seen the break off factions from that forum crumble as well, due to again ,mis placed trust.
I was honoured and surprised when a fella here placed some trust in me recently.
But would I have done the same?
I doubt it.
I am grateful that he did, but at the same time I could have just cut and run.
Please for the sake of the community have a bit off common sense and judge and act accordingly.
It is not disrespectful to ask for money up front.
If you pay for goods via Paypal and do not receive them, Paypal WILL refund you.

Let us all learn from this and move on.
Close the topic admin.

I need a sig. indeed with plenty of frickin polish

#31 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:44 pm

will close when DaveB confirms cheque cleared

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#32 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 04:46 pm

I have trusted alot of people on ear and sent ALOT of stuff. Not once has anyone scammed me. Nor will I change the way I do things.

I don't see this as a reason to start using paypal or whatever. My world won't be changing to one of mistrust just because of this. Infact I would mistrust someone who did use paypal. laugh.gif

Now I'm off to find out what that dodgy bugger Mick has done with my shims!!! laugh.gif

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#33 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:06 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 28th May 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have trusted alot of people on ear and sent ALOT of stuff. Not once has anyone scammed me. Nor will I change the way I do things.

I don't see this as a reason to start using paypal or whatever. My world won't be changing to one of mistrust just because of this. Infact I would mistrust someone who did use paypal. laugh.gif

Now I'm off to find out what that dodgy bugger Mick has done with my shims!!! laugh.gif

Can you post me up your DRZ400, I just need to measure something and I will send it right back......honest. unsure.gif

Edited by Emmett, 28 May 2010 - 06:06 pm.

#34 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:00 pm

OK OK. I give up, I'll come quietly punishment.gif punishment.gif

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#35 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,118 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:32 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Fri 28th May 2010, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you post me up your DRZ400, I just need to measure something and I will send it right back......honest. unsure.gif
I did.....you mean it didn't get there!!! unsure.gif
QUOTE(TDMick @ Fri 28th May 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK OK. I give up, I'll come quietly punishment.gif punishment.gif
smile.gif

#36 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:46 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 28th May 2010, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with Dappers on this... Only sent 2 things to Carpe members and didn't have any problems, and the way I go through life is all on trust.

This may scare some of you, but I gave my BMW1150GS Adv to a guy I met on a bike forum for £2.5k cash and £5k cheque. I knew his name and address, met his partner and had the reg number of his employers van, but he wanted to give a cheque as his credit card company were offering him 0% on cheques so it saved him interest on a loan. It all worked out well.

You have to do what suits you, if you don't feel comfortable, ask for money up front, nobody will be offended by it.
The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
~ Bertrand Russell 1950

#37 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:34 am

QUOTE(alunl @ Sat 29th May 2010, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with Dappers on this... Only sent 2 things to Carpe members and didn't have any problems, and the way I go through life is all on trust.

This may scare some of you, but I gave my BMW1150GS Adv to a guy I met on a bike forum for £2.5k cash and £5k cheque. I knew his name and address, met his partner and had the reg number of his employers van, but he wanted to give a cheque as his credit card company were offering him 0% on cheques so it saved him interest on a loan. It all worked out well.

You have to do what suits you, if you don't feel comfortable, ask for money up front, nobody will be offended by it.

Thats a brave and generous thing you did there aluni. I also prefer to trust because if you don't it shrinks your own life, but not sure I am as brave as you. Just now there are people coming out of work through no fault of their own (god bless blair and brown, cos no one else will). Sometimes they may become embarressed and hide from the difficulties. Then again many are just selfish pigs. Maybe the idea of a local member dropping round to see them is a good idea, because if they were honestly stuggling, I doubt if many on here would not be prepared to cut them a little slack. If they were just dodgy, they could be dropped from the forum

#38 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:55 am

QUOTE(nottingham @ Sun 30th May 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a brave and generous thing you did there aluni. I also prefer to trust because if you don't it shrinks your own life, but not sure I am as brave as you. Just now there are people coming out of work through no fault of their own (god bless blair and brown, cos no one else will). Sometimes they may become embarressed and hide from the difficulties. Then again many are just selfish pigs. Maybe the idea of a local member dropping round to see them is a good idea, because if they were honestly stuggling, I doubt if many on here would not be prepared to cut them a little slack. If they were just dodgy, they could be dropped from the forum

or prodded in the anus with a french bagutte (JBX stylee) excl.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#39 alunl

alunl

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:48 pm

QUOTE(nottingham @ Sun 30th May 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe the idea of a local member dropping round to see them is a good idea, because if they were honestly stuggling, I doubt if many on here would not be prepared to cut them a little slack.

I think the worst thing was not to contact Dave and be honest in an e-mail or PM. I suspect that if this had been the case, Dave would have cut some slack, but lies and hiding make it all worse.

Still won't change my attitude though. But I also believe you must do what you feel comfortable doing and if I wanted anything off another member, I wouldn't be offended if they asked for the money up front if that's their way!

I also prefer to trust because if you don't it shrinks your own life

good.gif

~ Bertrand Russell 1950

#40 Daveb

Daveb

has been here 4ever

• 1,907 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:55 pm

QUOTE(alunl @ Sun 30th May 2010, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the worst thing was not to contact Dave and be honest in an e-mail or PM. I suspect that if this had been the case, Dave would have cut some slack, .......

good.gif

I couldn't have put it better myself Alun.

11 june 10, back to square 1 again

Edited by Daveb, 11 June 2010 - 02:15 pm.

2007 Triumph Tiger 955i

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users