#21 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:29 pm

QUOTE(Daveb @ Fri 8th Oct 2010, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Contact Watchdog, explain in details what's happened see if Anne Robinson can help.

Fookin hell ! Anne Robinson and Catsbum in the same room.

Now I would like to see that .........

On second thoughts , I wouldn't. punishment.gif
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#22 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:50 pm

we've never met but I feel for you. That scum bag screws you again and again!.

#23 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:22 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Fri 8th Oct 2010, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you considered going through, for example, confused.com and no mentioning the conviction? Lets say a friend of mine did this with a speeding conviction, they never even ask to see your licence, pay on-line and sign and return the paperwork when it arrives. Also he forgot to mention that he covers 30000 miles per year and saved £50 on the premium.
I know it's bending the rules but....
If anything comes of it, you could always say it was so long ago that you forgot all about it.
Don't give up Cats, we'll find a solution.

And there lies the problem. I had a big fuck off truck, loads of money, and when i insured it, told the lad about my conviction.No worries he said. 4 months later i have a woman pull on me and I end up in hospital. her fault and she told the police that too. 2 weeks later and the insurance tell me my insurance is void as i did not declare my conviction......

After 12 months including trying to get them to disclose the tape of me telling them about the conviction (they lost it) and going to County Court which I won, I was mentally beaten.

I will not tell lies, that would be easy but would defo come back and chew my arse

#24 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:40 pm

Bum deal cats but stick to your principals and don't give up. There's always a solution there somewhere, just takes a bit of finding sometimes. You've got a fine white steed requiring your attention. Don't give up.
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#25 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:05 am

Sounds like you're getting a bad deal here Cats, through no fault of your own. My own opinion of insurance companies is that they're less trustworthy than Robert Maxwell, the banking community and Beelzebub himself - all rolled into one! You are dead right to be honest with them. As you know to your cost they will screw you if they can, rather than pay out a claim. They are also using a common database to share derogatory comments about their customers amongst themselves. So if you fail to declare this sorry history they will know about it, although that won't stop some of them offering you cover and then only raising the problems when you make a claim. You may find a Freedom of Information request to your current insurers most enlightening, they should send you any notes they have on you both on their own systems and the stuff on the shared databases. Have you also considered contacting the Financial Ombudsman about the treatment you have received?
Hope this sorts itself out soon matey and you're back on the road again good.gif .

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#26 Guest_Negwedar_*

Guest_Negwedar_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:43 am

I wonder if they will refund the 4 years premiums you've paid, on the grounds that if you had claimed, they would have refused to pay out because of your criminal tendencies. I think I'd ask. Cos if they say, "Oh we would have paid out, no problem" then it's hard to see what's changed, and they haven't got any reason to decline insuring you this year.
Dunno if that makes any sense, I'm still reeling from the revelation that Mr Bum is a convicted crim blink.gif

mind you, when I bought that tee shirt off him, it was an offer I couldn't refuse....

#27 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:42 pm

QUOTE(Negwedar @ Sat 9th Oct 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if they will refund the 4 years premiums you've paid, on the grounds that if you had claimed, they would have refused to pay out because of your criminal tendencies. I think I'd ask. Cos if they say, "Oh we would have paid out, no problem" then it's hard to see what's changed, and they haven't got any reason to decline insuring you this year.
Dunno if that makes any sense, I'm still reeling from the revelation that Mr Bum is a convicted crim blink.gif

mind you, when I bought that tee shirt off him, it was an offer I couldn't refuse....

Unfortunately they have a their own little tricks to never refund any money. When I came to the UK and building insurer asked me for the value of my house. I didn't understand that they wanted to assess the cost to rebuild the house (not the market value). As a result, for two years I paid 50% more than I should have. They showed me a clause allowing them to adjust the premium only from the day I called them to notify the change!

Martin, on reflection, the link convinction / insurance appears unfair but perhaps you can see the bright side and the fact that you got away with it for 4 years. £430 additional over a year means less than £90 per year average over 5 years! rolleyes.gif Don't let this get in the way of your natural good humour.
Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#28 TDMick

TDMick

TDMick

• 3,830 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:25 pm

F excl.gif ck me mate!

Who were you in a previous life Attila the Hun!! rotflmmfao.gif

If I come across anything I'll let you know.

Mick

Edited by TDMick, 09 October 2010 - 06:25 pm.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
Who dies with the most toys wins!

2010 'stealth' grey 900. '14 plate. engine bars, Centre stand, datatool alarm, datatag, E22s, Cree DRLs, Barkbuster handguards, Carpe sticker. Led running lights

#29 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:20 pm

Bloody hell mate, really sorry to hear this

I have nothing useful to add and can offer no help I'm afraid. The only thing I can say is that I am glad it isn't me!!

'Things' can be bad enough sometimes as it is, without being crapped on like this.....

#30 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:04 am

Move to southern Spain, no problem with insurance "history", (I can certify that! rotflmmfao.gif ), cheap wine and a lot better weather for biking anyway... laugh.gif
Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#31 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:05 am

Idle, lesson learnt. anything even a little bit wrong I call the police, i am never going to be cornered again

And Spain. Well, you closer than you think my friend. If I do have to wait another 12 months then I'm seriously thinking about getting in the motorhome and going to Tossa-De-Mar to live with my other best mate Richard.
Only my Daughter stands in the way.

That's how fed up I am

(and when did this start checking spelling when I type?) rolleyes.gif

#32 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:42 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Sun 10th Oct 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only my Daughter stands in the way.

Once you move to a place with nice weather... you'll be surprised how often your daughter comes to visit you... thrust me! dry.gif

Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#33 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:31 pm

QUOTE(jdelfino @ Sun 10th Oct 2010, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once you move to a place with nice weather... you'll be surprised how often your daughter comes to visit you... thrust me! dry.gif

Thrust you? ok, prepare to be boarded!! giveusahug.gif

#34 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:34 pm

Explain what Third Party Only means please.

#35 Fernihough

Fernihough

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:39 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 11th Oct 2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Explain what Third Party Only means please.

Means you are OK on the condition that either your bike has no value or you never have an accident or your bike stollen ...in which case it means that all you have left are your eyes to cry! rolleyes.gif

PS: is third party an "acceptable" price for you now?

Edited by Fernihough, 11 October 2010 - 10:46 pm.

Darwin theory in action - Natural evolution from 4 legs to 2, from 4 wheels to 2

Yam DTR125 / Yam TTR250 / Blue TDM900 2005

Fender extension; Right miror extension; Tutoro oiler; Frank Thomas leather Bullit Retro Jacket with Knox back protector for normal time and textile jacket with forcefield 4 for long trips, monolock plate with E45 GIVI top case, Michelin PR2

#36 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:24 am

cats says he's got it sorted cool.gif
3PF&T, including all the extras (legal, personal accident, euro breakdown, £1k helmet&leathers etc) for £270ish
think he said it was Adrian Flux(?schpeelin?)

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#37 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:48 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Tue 12th Oct 2010, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cats says he's got it sorted cool.gif
3PF&T, including all the extras (legal, personal accident, euro breakdown, £1k helmet&leathers etc) for £270ish
think he said it was Adrian Flux(?schpeelin?)

Good, would hate to have seen him having to give up that lovely White TDM900 of his.
TAM
2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#38 idlebloke

idlebloke

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:38 pm

Hmmmm. I go TPF&T, but mines an old bike..... Would be a tough decision to have to swallow that on 'the' whine 9er

Gald you're sorted tho'...

#39 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:54 pm

Tony's deaf

Got it for £210 including Legal and clothing, and that would be less than Bennetts

They put me through shit. Half way writing a letter to the top man. Not letting this go.

Adrian Flux, Listened to me told my story, went away came back and said the risk was OK.

Thank you

Ride Whitey for the first time tomorrow, see how she likes M4 traffic

Thanks for all the kind comments

#40 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:30 pm

Result good.gif

I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users