#1 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:37 pm

seems to be enough displeasure with them from myself and others to advise people to avoid them.
http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=1938
http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=1945

reasons to avoid them
over pricing
poor condition and dangerous items
long delivery times despite promises
lack of customer service

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:40 pm

They also sold me warped discs, which they had advertised "as new" dry.gif

#3 Readmarx

Readmarx

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:56 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Wed 27th Sep 2006, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They also sold me warped discs, which they had advertised "as new" dry.gif

They committed the cardinal sin...

They sold me a "used" 850 engine that looked like it'd been stored in a canal - every external fixing, bolt, bracket was so corroded it was a joke.
mother nature rides a biker

#4 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:46 am

A quick look at their feedback on ebay tells the whole story. Do not touch with a long wooden stick for moving boats.

Edited by Andy K, 28 September 2006 - 08:46 am.

TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:52 am

QUOTE(Andy K @ Thu 28th Sep 2006, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
......a long wooden stick for moving boats.

An oar?

I always check feedback before bidding (works as a good part of the "is it stolen" check too) on anything and thats why I wouldn't buy anything from them. I think they have a few usernames.....most contain the word 'black' somewhere in there.

Boop
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,117 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:56 pm

Its only ONE of their many usernames.....but lookey who got NARU'd from ebay: http://feedback.ebay...=blacksbikeshop ...crack open a tinny Tony.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 01:32 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 5th Nov 2006, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its only ONE of their many usernames.....but lookey who got NARU'd from ebay: http://feedback.ebay...=blacksbikeshop ...crack open a tinny Tony.

rotflmmfao.gif drinks.gif yeahbaby.gif

but i wonder why?
dodgy(stolen) items? that would be my hunch.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#8 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:37 am

But keep your eyes open, as someone who does as much business as they did via ebay will rise again!
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:21 pm

Blacks are trading again on Ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by wicklamulla, 14 November 2006 - 12:27 pm.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#10 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:36 pm

It just shows how many people either do not look at the feedback or just like to risk their money. doubtfull.gif

#11 mad dog

mad dog

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:22 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Wed 27th Sep 2006, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seems to be enough displeasure with them from myself and others to advise people to avoid them.
http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=1938
http://www.carpe-tdm...?showtopic=1945

reasons to avoid them
over pricing
poor condition and dangerous items
long delivery times despite promises
lack of customer service

Just thought I would let you all know that I brought a sidestand off these guys last week via ebay (before I read this thread), I was then very worried, but I made the offer on Thurs and it got to me yesterday and I am very happy i paid £10. inc postage and got lots of emails from them letting me know what was going on. I know you will all say I have been lucky but maybe they got the act together now..................
Mad Dog<br /><a href="http://www.stevetredgett.co.uk"target="_blank">Steve Tredgett Photography</a><br />

#12 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:47 am

blacks had some XTZ750 parts up for sale, i warned the guys on that forum off of them and got another horror story
QUOTE(spike board=gen thread=1124148713 post=1190111899)
Agree about blacks, a number of years ago they sold me an engine from a stolen/recovered bike.

I got pulled over by plod, they checked engine numbers and it turned out the bike was never recovered, just stolen.

My bike was taken, I was arrested and thank god I still had a credit card receipt for the purchase. Blacks wee contacted by the police and they simply claimed that wasnt the engine they sold me....

So they deal in stolen bikes as well as being lying toerags. Never again.

My TDM :

#13 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:00 pm

As a relative noob to e-bay I might need some lessons for the hard of thinking here.

I'd have considered 99% posative feedback to be ok. What telltale signs of a bad seller should I be looking for?
http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#14 Hawmaw

Hawmaw

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 933 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:27 pm

I've never had a problem with Blacks.

Only ever bought small items which have always arrived within a day or two.

On one occassion a fairing inner for a Fazer arrived with a bit broken off. No problem. Another was sent next day.

On another occassion I ordered an electronic speedo drive for a Fazer. £90 from Yam , £35 second hand from Blacks.
Just after I ordered it I discovered the problem was a broken wire. I got back on the phone and cancelled the order.
My cash was credited back to my card , no problem.

I can't help thinking that if they were real clued up rogues then they have my switch card number and the 3 digit number
on the back , my card would have been cloned and my account cleared out.

In my opinion you would be hard pushed to find a real 100% honest breaker.

Now : Nowt
Then : Yamaha TDM850 4TX , Suzuki GSF1200N Bandit , Yamaha TDM850 3VD , Yamaha 600 Fazer , Suzuki GSXR750G , Honda CB1100F , BMW R75/5 , Yamaha RD250E , Yamaha XS250 , Kawasaki Z250C , Lambretta GP150 , Vespa 150 Super

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:03 pm

QUOTE(Hawmaw @ Tue 18th Sep 2007, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never had a problem with Blacks.

Only ever bought small items which have always arrived within a day or two.

On one occassion a fairing inner for a Fazer arrived with a bit broken off. No problem. Another was sent next day.

On another occassion I ordered an electronic speedo drive for a Fazer. £90 from Yam , £35 second hand from Blacks.
Just after I ordered it I discovered the problem was a broken wire. I got back on the phone and cancelled the order.
My cash was credited back to my card , no problem.

I can't help thinking that if they were real clued up rogues then they have my switch card number and the 3 digit number
on the back , my card would have been cloned and my account cleared out.
i think that would be a little obvious and too easy to trace back to them....

In my opinion you would be hard pushed to find a real 100% honest breaker.i agree wit hthat dry.gif

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Tue 18th Sep 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a relative noob to e-bay I might need some lessons for the hard of thinking here.

I'd have considered 99% posative feedback to be ok. What telltale signs of a bad seller should I be looking for?
http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

its difficult to tell, the number of negatives would make me suspicious but not stop me from bidding on something of low value
something of high value or something thats subject to opinion (like an engine) i would probably pick it up or ask someone to check it out for me.
i certainly would not buy an engine again without full documentation and a receipt with the engine number on it.

i will admit that my grevience with blacks is minor, it seems to be lots of problems with them which puts me off. RP4M were much worse

My TDM :

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:51 pm

Waited 21 days for these guys to send my item. No Goods, No Communication, No tracking number ! Had to claim refund throught the paypal dispute process where they still wouldn't communicate or give me a refund. They eventually refunded me then left me Negative Feedback because I'd left it for them.
TOTAL TOILET !

Edited by Studley Ramrod, 08 November 2007 - 05:52 pm.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 youngy

youngy

really likes Carpe

• 89 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:33 pm

Well they ain't gonna leave you a +ve are they??

Edited by youngy, 23 November 2007 - 03:33 pm.

#18 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 23 November 2007 - 06:22 pm

The trick to that one is to wait 2 months and 29 days to place your neg feedback - chances are they won't notice til it's too late laugh.gif

I did that when a tosser sold me a duff pair of mx boots...............if they've only got a low feedback then a neg makes a big difference!

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#19 k2col

k2col

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:37 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 23rd Nov 2007, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The trick to that one is to wait 2 months and 29 days to place your neg feedback - chances are they won't notice til it's too late laugh.gif

It's the whole retalitory feedback system that spoils ebay in my opinion. I was just looking at Black's feedback, 88 feedback withdrawn - you can almost guarantee that every one of those was a situation where the buyer had a grevance, but just wanted rid of the negative feedback that Blacks left for them.

#20 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 25 November 2007 - 07:02 pm

QUOTE(k2col @ Sun 25th Nov 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's the whole retalitory feedback system that spoils ebay in my opinion. I was just looking at Black's feedback, 88 feedback withdrawn - you can almost guarantee that every one of those was a situation where the buyer had a grevance, but just wanted rid of the negative feedback that Blacks left for them.

negative feedback left fer me don't bodder me atall atall as it's usually just sour grapes on their part and anyone who queries me on it will be told the truth, but if they wanna get childish and silly so be it....

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users