#1 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:16 pm

NEC Show last week, we visited the Baglux Stand. I wanted a tank cover, in white

Looked through, very helpful Madam, £99.00, take around 5 weeks

I wanted a cover without the 'TDM' Logo. Only because it's too close to the fairing Logo

No worries she said, added that to the order.

Get a phone call from Baglux today:

Sorry, but the Factory in France has informed me that if you want a cover with no logo then that becomes a 'one off'

For that they want another £40.00

I was annoyed as the lady on the stand should know this, dealing with hundreds during the week she surely must have been as before?

Anyway, we agreed that I would pay £20 and Baglux would cover the other half

Hmmff mellow.gif

#2 celticbiker

celticbiker

has been here 4ever

• 1,726 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:12 pm

Did you pay for it at the NEC or at least have a sales receipt (stating lack of logo and the agreed price)?
If so I would have stood my ground, they are asking you to pay them for less work.

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste

(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help

(")-(") him gain world domination!

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:38 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Thu 9th Dec 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you pay for it at the NEC or at least have a sales receipt (stating lack of logo and the agreed price)?
If so I would have stood my ground, they are asking you to pay them for less work.

wifgeni.gif
she assured you at the NEC it wouldnt cost any more!

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:40 pm

QUOTE(celticbiker @ Thu 9th Dec 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are quoting you 5 week so they must be making them up to order anyhow.
TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#5 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:45 pm

Went down the road of written receipt = agreement but they went down the road of a refund, which is no good to me

He said it is all automated along with the stiching, well pull my out before then!! I said

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:00 pm

If it was a UK company a mention of the words "bait and switch" and FRAUD would have likely had the desired effect.

Not sure of French law...you might just get a shrug of the shoulders and a "Pffffff". laugh.gif
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#7 TDMTAM

TDMTAM

Carpe Citizen

• 4,205 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:12 pm

The guy I bought mine off at the Scottish bike show wasn't the most helpful especially when it came down to haggling all he would say was there are going up in price to £99 at the end of the month so £89 was the best he could do. It took me 3 attempts & me mate Jeff to finally submit to £75.
But I do agree about the logo on it being to close to the logo on the tank I have just made the sticking darker with a black perm marker.

But after getting the tank cover and a Alpha tank bag I am not convinced it was the best solution, I think I prefer the idea of the Motec clamp on type set up like Dandy's./

TAM

2008 TDM 900 in BLACK, MRA Vario, DL handguards & more to come
1994 TDM 850 mkI Silver, with Blueflame end can, Gone to a new owner & I kinda miss her!

th_09062006104.jpg th_02012009095.jpg

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks it head out the car window

#8 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:50 pm

Agreed Tam, but I wanted something to protect the tank from my tank bag magnets. I like my Lidl £20 jobby and I'm not intenting to buy a Baglux bag when the Lidl fits fine

#9 whichwaywasit

whichwaywasit

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:51 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 9th Dec 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NEC Show last week, we visited the Baglux Stand. I wanted a tank cover, in white

Looked through, very helpful Madam, £99.00, take around 5 weeks

I wanted a cover without the 'TDM' Logo. Only because it's too close to the fairing Logo

No worries she said, added that to the order.

Get a phone call from Baglux today:

Sorry, but the Factory in France has informed me that if you want a cover with no logo then that becomes a 'one off'

For that they want another £40.00

I was annoyed as the lady on the stand should know this, dealing with hundreds during the week she surely must have been as before?

Anyway, we agreed that I would pay £20 and Baglux would cover the other half

Hmmff mellow.gif

Have you got her number, most of my life I have been looking for a madam who will take about 5 weeks for £99, Hell I'd give her a £1 tip

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:04 pm

laugh.gif

I laughed out loud at that

#11 fatchap

fatchap

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • Location:Sunny Blackpool The FORMER home of Premier League Football
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:40 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Thu 9th Dec 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wifgeni.gif
she assured you at the NEC it wouldnt cost any more!

While I agree that the sales woman should have known what she was about, a lot of the sales crumpet only work at the shows and know naffall about the products they are selliing.
On the flip side, I went to the Baglux stand and spoke to a baldy geezer ( We had natural affinity) I was asking about reparing my tankbag where one of the springclips had come off. He said I could either return it to them, or he would show me how to mend it. This he duly did, and charged me 2 quid for a new clip.

Exit one very satisfied customer.

#12 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:03 pm

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Thu 9th Dec 2010, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed Tam, but I wanted something to protect the tank from my tank bag magnets.

So why get a tank cover?

Especially in white - is it to match the stilletos?

This would do..
http://solutions.3m....ct_Information/

Stu

#13 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:19 pm

T-towel?

#14 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:23 am

I ordered a tank cover and bag while at the show. £99 for cover, £99 for bag. We settled on £170 all in.
Gotta say it's best never to accept the first price at shows etc.

It's up to you Cats, I'd say yes please I'll have a refund, on principal. If I get a call saying £170 for both is not on then I'll be asking for a refund!

Yes it might be cutting your nose off to spite your face but the other option is bend over and take a shafting!

I'm surprised the likes of Digger Seats don't do tank covers, got to be a gap in the market. Feck it I've got a sewing machine, how hard can it be?????

Edit, can't spell!

Edited by maximuspetrolhead, 20 December 2010 - 02:25 pm.

#15 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:14 pm

Cover arrived today. Have to say the stated date of mid January is bullshit. Lucky I was in too.

Anyway, Quality is good. No TDM logo, and It's white and not cream in colour.

And a hand written note saying I've not been charged extra. The NEC Woman came good

Gonna look really nice when I fit it Christmas Day. blush.gif

#16 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:27 pm

Cool, glad it worked out in the end.

Got mine very quick too, well pleased.

I was thinking, do you reckon it'd best to chuck the cover in the tumble dryer on a mild setting to get it nice and pliable before fitting?

#17 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:55 pm

QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Mon 20th Dec 2010, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool, glad it worked out in the end.

Got mine very quick too, well pleased.

I was thinking, do you reckon it'd best to chuck the cover in the tumble dryer on a mild setting to get it nice and pliable before fitting?

Did think about that but im gonna warm the shed up for a while so everything is warm. or plan b is to wait for the touring season

#18 sidestand

sidestand

Carpe Citizen

• 3,456 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:07 pm

Stick the cover in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours before fitting to get them supple is my favourite way good.gif

post-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gifpost-1-1152402501.jpgThe older I get, the better I was

96 MkII in yellow & silver with bluespots, braided lines, Remus 2 into 1, Hagon rear shock & fork springs, bashplate, heated grips,Motech pannier racks, Road Attacks, Jockoiler, Baglux tank cover & bag. Gone to a far better place - hasn't it Remo?
Another 96 Mk2 in yellow & silver - absolutely standard & pristine ( apart from a butchered rear mudguard - but I'm looking for a new one
'76 Suzuki GT500 Stroker in need of a rebuild
'80 Yamaha XT250 mudplugger
another '81 XT250
'91 BMW R80GS - this one really will do a RTW trip
'05 BMW K1200S - inline four with a shaft
'10 BMW R1200GSA Anniversary Edition
'02 Fazer 1000 - 4 carbs are better than 2 ! - water pump rebuilt by Mr Ramrod Engineering
'00 Triumph Adventurer - Cruiser with a difference - British & a triple
Gary's Bathtub - '99 BMW K1200RS in luvverly pillarbox red . Now been Waspycycled to Nuneaton
And the Latest Addition - a nice BMW G650 XCountry greenlaner - on long term loan to Boy Wonder

1996 Kawasaki KH125 Stroker

2000 TDM Mk2A - nicely Studleyfied - Modified by Masterbrewer, but we've fixed that now !

BMW K1300R

2004 TDM 900 in Silver/Blue - heated grips, MRA vary screen, Wilbers rear shock & engine bars to fit 

BMW S1000XR in white 

#19 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:59 am

QUOTE(sidestand @ Mon 20th Dec 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stick the cover in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours before fitting to get them supple is my favourite way good.gif

Don't have one.... but I think plan A is ok, tumble dry on a mild setting, heater in the garage and hope for the best.

What about fitting sticky tape on the tank to prevent rub marks?

Anyone had problems with sand or grit getting between tank and cover and causing scratches?

#20 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:27 am

It's sand around the bag that can cause chafing imo, best thing is to avoid sitting on sand while the bag is wet.

Stu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users